Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2014, 02:50 PM   #61
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Take into account that from the 1/3 USA user not all are baseball fans, the number of FHM-non-OOTP player is even higher. So we don't build a "OOTP Hockey" but an game with it's own identity.
I'm somewhat confused by this sentence. I had always been of the impression that you wanted to stick to the OOTPB style of menus. I could have sworn I read somewhere you said that FHM will have the OOTPB style menus and UI with only relatively minor adjustment. Whereas I read the sentence above as saying that in fact FHM isn't so rigidly stuck to the OOTPB menus after all. Have I misread what you're now saying?

The reason I ask is because I have been updating my previous mammoth post in the Research Forum about the UI and it'd be useful to know what can and can't be changed. My previous suggestions and planned suggestions had been on the basis that the menu system was set in stone and that sub-menus within sub-menus were here to stay. If that's no longer the case and in fact you're open to reworking the menu system (i.e. not an OOTP Hockey but a game with its own identity, as you put it above) then I'd rework my suggestions with this in mind.

I'd be very grateful for your clarification of the above.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #62
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

a couple of thoughts about the shortlist screen...

i think it would be useful to add the "trade for" option to the right click menu. after all, why are we adding players to the shortlist if we are not interested in obtaining them?

we need a "clear shortlist" option. i have 84 players right now on the list and its a pain in the ass to manually right click and remove each one individually.
asilvermtzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #63
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Even if that is one of my favorite characters on any show my comment was no sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
Was that sarcasm or not?

Old 03-17-2014, 03:27 PM   #64
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Where did I make it into a FHM vs. OOTP thing? The line screen works like the lineup screen in OOTP: you drag & drop player into the spots you want them to be. Thats how it ever was in OOTP and thats how I like it the best.
You have terrible taste and live an inefficient life. Can we at least make scratching/dressing easier by making the "jerseys" clickable? Rather than having to right click->scratch/dress, just make it one click?
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:07 PM   #65
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
Can we at least make scratching/dressing easier by making the "jerseys" clickable? Rather than having to right click->scratch/dress, just make it one click?
Valid point
Puckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #66
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
You have terrible taste and live an inefficient life. Can we at least make scratching/dressing easier by making the "jerseys" clickable? Rather than having to right click->scratch/dress, just make it one click?
I will look into it.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:15 PM   #67
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asilvermtzion View Post
a couple of thoughts about the shortlist screen...

i think it would be useful to add the "trade for" option to the right click menu. after all, why are we adding players to the shortlist if we are not interested in obtaining them?

we need a "clear shortlist" option. i have 84 players right now on the list and its a pain in the ass to manually right click and remove each one individually.
There need to be more than one shortlist!

IRL no one bunches together every information in one file, they use separate files for different purposes.

I would like to have one shortlist for the upcoming draft (this one I would clear after the draft and I do NOT want to be bothered with a news flash every time anyone gets a cold or pricks a finger!).

I'd like a second shortlist for trading purposes (here I'd want to be informed the second someone even sneezes about a trade).

The third shortlist I would use for keeping an eye on long term prospects (all the 14 and 15 year olds that have potential would be in here).

So three or more (make it five to cover everyones wishes and let the users name them themselves) short lists with the ability to configure them separately as to what gets in the news.

Make it possible to add a player by right clicking them and make it possible to add them to more than one list at the same time and to move them between lists.

Ivan

Addendum:

The fourth shortlist I would use for upcoming FAs and RFAs (here I want to hear news about their contract negotiations so that I can either drop them from the list when they sign an extension or move them to the trading shortlist).

Last edited by IvanIvanovich; 03-17-2014 at 04:59 PM.
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #68
jonnycosmic
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanIvanovich View Post
There need to be more than one shortlist!

IRL no one bunches together every information in one file, they use separate files for different purposes.

I would like to have one shortlist for the upcoming draft (this one I would clear after the draft and I do NOT want to be bothered with a news flash every time anyone gets a cold or pricks a finger!).

I'd like a second shortlist for trading purposes (here I'd want to be informed the second someone even sneezes about a trade).

The third shortlist I would use for keeping an eye on long term prospects (all the 14 and 15 year olds that have potential would be in here).

So three or more (make it five to cover everyones wishes and let the users name them themselves) short lists with the ability to configure them separately as to what gets in the news.

Make it possible to add a player by right clicking them and make it possible to add them to more than one list at the same time and to move them between lists.

Ivan
This is by far the best suggestion I have seen in the forums for a long time. Maybe have the shortlists named under a drop down box, so I can easily switch between one shortlist and the other.

Definitely second this for further discussion.
jonnycosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #69
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

also, you should be able to assign a scout from his profile screen and see what his current/past assignments are. actually, more info in general about what the scouts have done would be nice.

oh, and the ability to restart a scouting assignment. right now i have all of my scouts doing 16 week trips which all end at the same time. i have no idea what any of them has done when they finish.

Last edited by asilvermtzion; 03-17-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #70
asilvermtzion
Minors (Double A)

another one, when sorting league stats a filter would be nice. the same one as used in the ufa screen is fine.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #71
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

At the beginning, that was the plan (so you read that correctly). Over time I realized, that FHM needs it's own identity to become the game I imagine. So I'm now way more open for ideas, that help FHM to become a better game. Another point is, last year we had Daniela only for a very short time working on FHM. This year, we will have her for 2-3 months fulltime work on FHM, so that gives us so much more possibilities.

I'm very interested in your re-worked ideas. Please ask me anything you might need to know before you start work on it about what is possible and what not (so you don't have extra work). We can do it on the beta board. It is something I want to start as soon as possible so we can have a first talk with Daniela in about 2-4 weeks in preparation for version 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
I'm somewhat confused by this sentence. I had always been of the impression that you wanted to stick to the OOTPB style of menus. I could have sworn I read somewhere you said that FHM will have the OOTPB style menus and UI with only relatively minor adjustment. Whereas I read the sentence above as saying that in fact FHM isn't so rigidly stuck to the OOTPB menus after all. Have I misread what you're now saying?

The reason I ask is because I have been updating my previous mammoth post in the Research Forum about the UI and it'd be useful to know what can and can't be changed. My previous suggestions and planned suggestions had been on the basis that the menu system was set in stone and that sub-menus within sub-menus were here to stay. If that's no longer the case and in fact you're open to reworking the menu system (i.e. not an OOTP Hockey but a game with its own identity, as you put it above) then I'd rework my suggestions with this in mind.

I'd be very grateful for your clarification of the above.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #72
IvanIvanovich
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wavers & Injury List

The only place where I can claim a wavered player from is the Manager Home Screen.

It is not possible to file a waver claim from the waver screen (!!!???) nor is it possible to file a waver claim form the action button on the player screen.

So I see a bunch of players in the Waver-box on my Manager home screen, but there is ZERO information about the player there.

I therefore have to go to the wavers screen where I can sort the players and then I have to look at the player screen to see if it's a good'un or not.

Then I have to write down the name of the player I've decided upon on a piece of paper and then go back to the Manager home screen where I can file the claim

----------------------------------------------------------------

When the game finds one of my players injured it kicks me back to the Line-up tab on the rosters screen and throws a dialog box telling me that I have an injured player.

It does NOT tell me what the injury is NOR how long the guy is out. I have to go to the player profile to see that information.

I can NOT scratch or send the player to IL by clicking on the action button.

I have to go back one step (Line-up) where it also is impossible to scratch or send to IL. I have to go to the Active roster tab to be able to scratch a player or send him to IL.

If the only place from where I can send someone to IL is the Active roster tab why doesn't the game send me there in the first place?

And why doesn't the game tell me what the problem is with the player, why do I have to go and find that out for myself?

Ivan
IvanIvanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:18 AM   #73
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

I also don't like that in different screens you have different options/menus for the player. I should be able to do anything from any screen....
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:23 AM   #74
thepete
Minors (Double A)

It's pretty annoying that you have to scratch & dress in a particular order, unless you want to get the "20 PLAYERS ARE ALREADY DRESSED"-message. You have to scratch the injured guy and dress a new one, can't do it the other way around. Getting a message prior to a game that you have too many players dressed should be sufficient, no?

Plus, a depth chart is sorely needed.

Also is there a list of all your contracts? Where you don't have to count them yourself? Because I got that "CONTRACT MAX" message when signing draftees for next year.

Last edited by thepete; 03-18-2014 at 02:25 AM.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:29 AM   #75
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Thanks Sebastian. I'm much clearer now. Will write up something in the Beta forum this week/weekend.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:29 AM   #76
dmytron

Quote:
I will look into it.
No offense, but that's the difference: Markus says "Done!", you say "I will look into it".
Old 03-18-2014, 07:20 AM   #77
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Also is there a list of all your contracts? Where you don't have to count them yourself? Because I got that "CONTRACT MAX" message when signing draftees for next year.
There is a contract page, right beside the active roster tab, with total contracts at the bottom of the page,
Old 03-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #78
rangerscout
Bat Boy

is there anywhere a list of your own team players with all their stats? Points etc...i could not figure this out, hope they fix the UI for Version 1...its horrible to operate in...
rangerscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:58 AM   #79
Richie Daggers Crime
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerscout View Post
is there anywhere a list of your own team players with all their stats? Points etc...i could not figure this out, hope they fix the UI for Version 1...its horrible to operate in...
Go to the roster overview, then use the drop down on the right to get to Skater Stats.
Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #80
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Wavier Trades? Multi Team Trades? Trades on Draft days? NHL Draft 2 Days? League Association? League E. and include Minor Leagues in it? Bring back League Structure back and turned on? Tryouts for unsigned Prospects?