Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:13 AM   #41
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
sorry for my english because I'm french. so I'll try to be as clear as possible. generally in each patch in their post, the team mentioned what was the next thing on which they attack for developement. someone has an idea?
Bob, that answer is better left for, Jeff, the producer of the game, to answer. I just wanted to make sure you knew someone was reading and responding.

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
Old 12-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #42
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Missing Info

Before the latest patch I had shots displayed during games....now since loading latest patch all of it is missing. Wondering if anyone else has the same problem?
Old 12-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #43
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Fed up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb2687 View Post
Before the latest patch I had shots displayed during games....now since loading latest patch all of it is missing. Wondering if anyone else has the same problem?
I can't believe with all the BS floating around this forum (and I have posted it in the Bug Thread for those of you who say to report it) that I have not gotten one single, solitary response to a simple question. I have reloaded the game twice removing all previous files and gotten the same result. This is a step backwards from the previuos patches. No one else experiences this or anything similar! I have been and will continue to be a supporter of this game because I can see potential but it is irritating to load a new patch with the promise that certain things are fixed and to fall back to something like this where no game display for shots on ice or in the stats table. WTH!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #44
RagingBullwinkle55
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I have the newest patch 1.5.20 installed and have not run into this problem. I'm running the game on my Windows 7 PC. I do delete all previous saves to my games before installing any new patches though. You might want to try that. Kind of a pain if your in the middle of a season. I'm always having to start from scratch, but I don't run into too many bugs the way I'm playing the game.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #45
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Still frustrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBullwinkle55 View Post
I have the newest patch 1.5.20 installed and have not run into this problem. I'm running the game on my Windows 7 PC. I do delete all previous saves to my games before installing any new patches though. You might want to try that. Kind of a pain if your in the middle of a season. I'm always having to start from scratch, but I don't run into too many bugs the way I'm playing the game.
Tried again removing what I think is everything...doing the proper uninstall for the game and it still is a problem. Thanks for the response and I find it hard to believe I am the only one that has this problem. If I am what am I doing wrong!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #46
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

I'm not sure, its very curious, I just went to try it out and im not having that problem either... hopefully someone can offer some help to you soon though, has to be frusterating
Old 12-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #47
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Feeling shafted?

Quote:
Tried again removing what I think is everything...doing the proper uninstall for the game and it still is a problem. Thanks for the response and I find it hard to believe I am the only one that has this problem. If I am what am I doing wrong!
Tried again to play game...unlicensed then used uninstall to remove game and files....went to windows to delete all associated documents that had been saved....I found no other reference to FHM.....reinstalled game and started on Windows 7 PC playing in non commissioner mode for EPIHL Bracknell Bees.....picked up 1 Free Agent and played 1st game.... no stats appear on the game screen with the rink displayed and no flags on the rink....decided WTH play game using "Play Until" just to be playing and played through 14 games without incident.....had to quit and tried to Exit FHM and to my surprise got the message "Franchise Manager has stopped working" REALLY TOTALLY P***ED off!!!!! and no one responds here except for a couple nice users but no devs here or in other thread for problems. TOTALLY FED UP AND READY TO WALK AFTER WAITING FOR 4 MONTHS FROM ORIGINAL PURCHASE, BEEN A FAN BUT FOR HOW MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #48
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Tried again to play game...unlicensed then used uninstall to remove game and files....went to windows to delete all associated documents that had been saved....I found no other reference to FHM.....reinstalled game and started on Windows 7 PC playing in non commissioner mode for EPIHL Bracknell Bees.....picked up 1 Free Agent and played 1st game.... no stats appear on the game screen with the rink displayed and no flags on the rink....decided WTH play game using "Play Until" just to be playing and played through 14 games without incident.....had to quit and tried to Exit FHM and to my surprise got the message "Franchise Manager has stopped working" REALLY TOTALLY P***ED off!!!!! and no one responds here except for a couple nice users but no devs here or in other thread for problems. TOTALLY FED UP AND READY TO WALK AFTER WAITING FOR 4 MONTHS FROM ORIGINAL PURCHASE, BEEN A FAN BUT FOR HOW MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You´re right, replying max once per week is a bit...hmm...meeh
Send a PM with your problem to Jeff directly - he usually responds very fast

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 12-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #49
Roger24
Bat Boy

Here has been my experience. I downloaded build 1.4.19 right after it was released and began playing in "historical" mode beginning in 1947. Although I had checked the "cannot be fired" box when beginning the game, a couple of times in the 1960's, and then almost every year in the 1970's, I am "unemployed" come July 1. Until now, I had been able to "take over" my previous team and keep playing. However, after the 1974-75 season, when I attempted to "take over" and continue as before, the game just crashed (several times). I downloaded 1.5.20 and attempted this again in order to continue playing the same game, but got the same result. Frustrating.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #50
jh95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger24 View Post
Here has been my experience. I downloaded build 1.4.19 right after it was released and began playing in "historical" mode beginning in 1947. Although I had checked the "cannot be fired" box when beginning the game, a couple of times in the 1960's, and then almost every year in the 1970's, I am "unemployed" come July 1. Until now, I had been able to "take over" my previous team and keep playing. However, after the 1974-75 season, when I attempted to "take over" and continue as before, the game just crashed (several times). I downloaded 1.5.20 and attempted this again in order to continue playing the same game, but got the same result. Frustrating.
Sorry, but I think you have to start a new game with 1.5.20.
Then the problem should be sovled... (Old savegame does not work...)
Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #51
Roger24
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh95 View Post
Sorry, but I think you have to start a new game with 1.5.20.
Then the problem should be sovled... (Old savegame does not work...)
Thanks, yes, I believe you're right...it's strange, I can take over other teams and continue in this game, but when I attempt to take over my old club, the game crashes every time. Oh well, back to 1947....
Old 12-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #52
RagingBullwinkle55
Minors (Single A)

With each patch I've found that it's just easier to delete all my saved games and start from the beginning. I've been running the game on a day to day basis following the NHL season. I'll get so far and then a new patch is released. Instead of dealing with issues that might crop up with my saved games and the new patches, I just delete everything, start over, and sim to the present date to catch up. Haven't run into any of the problems that have been presented here.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #53
Arch7ngel
Bat Boy

Jim unknown bug

Hey i'm new at this, so i've downloaded this new version and during the stanley cup, when i got into overtime, the game crashed (on windows 8) and when i got back on, all names displays "Jim Unknown". As I said, I'm new so a quick look online only got me to understand that this bug was fixed in patch 1.49 or so for quick lauches. Can someone explain to me how to fix this glitch?

Thanks a lot !!

Oh and great work guys, I'll be alternating between this and NHL 14 alot now, which is a great mistake right now cuz I still have two upcoming finals -_-
Old 12-11-2013, 08:51 PM   #54
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
I am really sick of this argument. When OOTP3 was released, the company was at a completely different state of development. The failure of this game is due to the fact that they have failed to utilize what they already know about sports sims and have instead chosen to try and reinvent the wheel. This is not some new startup project like it was when OOTP3 was released. It is a company that has put together an incredibly successful franchise with OOTPB and now needs to translate that success to hockey instead of trying to create a NEW engine.

That is the problem, and that is why this game SHOULD be compared to the OOTPB franchise not where it was 10 years ago but where it is today.
No offense, but one of the single dumbest posts I've seen in a while. And you're obviously someone who has exactly ZERO development experience and apparently thinks that code grows on trees and merely has to picked and put in a game for it to work.

Ridiculous.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #55
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuffleball View Post
No offense, but one of the single dumbest posts I've seen in a while. And you're obviously someone who has exactly ZERO development experience and apparently thinks that code grows on trees and merely has to picked and put in a game for it to work.

Ridiculous.
So drag and drop features would not work?? UI layout would not work? Menus are not transferable? My point is this: OOTP is very user friendly.. FHM is not.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
Old 12-11-2013, 09:22 PM   #56
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

If you think that they are terrible coders then I would like to you do a better job then them. like i said they are a very small company so you just need to chill out and if you don't like the game and its progress then maybe you should get a refund.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #57
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

I think we all just need a big OOTP development group hug... we all want the same thing and of course the team is working hard obviously, they're not twiddling their thumbs... we just want it so bad its hard to be patient and frustrations set in... we gotta keep the faith ;-) (oh and please get those editors turned on and working soon haha, had to slip that in)
Old 12-12-2013, 12:34 AM   #58
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebatman View Post
I think we all just need a big OOTP development group hug... we all want the same thing and of course the team is working hard obviously, they're not twiddling their thumbs... we just want it so bad its hard to be patient and frustrations set in... we gotta keep the faith ;-) (oh and please get those editors turned on and working soon haha, had to slip that in)
....well said - Amen......

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 12-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #59
Konstantinov
Minors (Single A)

Have any of the devs stated when the option to un-check the "retire player in actual year" will be available?
Old 12-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #60
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinov View Post
Have any of the devs stated when the option to un-check the "retire player in actual year" will be available?
Yeah, would be cool to play Michel Briere more than one season

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Closed Thread