Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #41
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I'm still seeing players who normally fight all the time being paired up against guys that don't normally fight often. For instance, a guy like McGrattan is being paired up with Seabrook, Hartnell, Perry or Downie most of the time if not all the time.

It's not great to have your core players being matched up against these type of guys when I have my own designated Enforcer in Kassian collecting up to 8-10 min's a game but not being matched up with guys like 'Grats. It's also a downer to see the amount of time they loose as they collect more FM then they should as that should be the fighters job mostly.

I pray you guys can find a solution to this and also we need more misconducts and instigators Jeff!!
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #42
RagingBullwinkle55
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Here's a quick fix for those preset injuries that are running too long. Replace the presets.txt file in these directories:

\Users\(username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\quickstart_games\OpeningDay.quick
\Users\(username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\quickstart_games\Majors.quick

with the one I've attached below. That'll let Nugent-Hopkins, Helm, Emelin, etc. come back at the correct time.
I'm having problems with this issue also. I'm playing the NYR and two of my players Carl Hagelin and Ryan Callahan are both out due to injury on May 30th, 2013. They are on injured reserve for 3 months. I replaced the presets.txt file into these directories and also into the saved game I had already started. Closed the program, restarted, and it still hasn't made a difference. I've simmed the season up to October 16th and both of these players should've been available to place in my active roster by now. It looks like it's still counting the days on IR from the beginning of the season. Any idea what's going on?
RagingBullwinkle55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #43
Penfold75
Major Leagues

A Hockey game where you can't trade is like a cricket game where you can't field?????

Check this out -> BBC News - Ashes Cricket 2013 game taken off sale
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #44
thepete
Minors (Double A)

ELCs don't work properly. A player I have drafted shouldn't be INSULTED when I offer him a 3 year 2-way deal. That's how the CBA works.

Edit: and you have guys like Daniel Sedin refusing to negotiate because they won't "consider overseas contract offers"...

Last edited by thepete; 11-28-2013 at 03:43 PM.
thepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #45
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepete View Post
ELCs don't work properly. A player I have drafted shouldn't be INSULTED when I offer him a 3 year 2-way deal. That's how the CBA works.

Edit: and you have guys like Daniel Sedin refusing to negotiate because they won't "consider overseas contract offers"...
So this patch is starting to sound like "1 step forward, 2 steps back"

sigh, and here I thought I'd finally enjoy FHM on my day off tomorrow.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #46
Ciccarelli
Major Leagues

Quote:

I've been noticing the AI has been signing players to two-year ELC's so that may work for you (I know it's messed up, and I've mentioned it as well)
Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:25 AM   #47
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

when you edit a player above 15 rating he doesent show on the roster page anymore cos of the filter is limited to only 15
Old 11-29-2013, 05:26 AM   #48
thepete
Minors (Double A)

For some reason...the AI during the season has hired two new assistant coaches for me. One Chinese and one Japanese, both with 1's in all their stats and skills.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:08 AM   #49
Ciccarelli
Major Leagues

Quote:
For some reason...the AI during the season has hired two new assistant coaches for me. One Chinese and one Japanese, both with 1's in all their stats and skills.
Obviously Gary Bettman's effort to promote the game of hockey to Asian cultures.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #50
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
Obviously Gary Bettman's effort to promote the game of hockey to Asian cultures.
I assume the AI did it because I had coaches whose contracts expired, but I'd like to get a message for that...curiously the coaches the AI hired had salaries of 0 dollars.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #51
thepete
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I've been noticing the AI has been signing players to two-year ELC's so that may work for you (I know it's messed up, and I've mentioned it as well)
Looking at my draftees, I can only sign them to 3-year ELCs and they get furious when I offer 2-way deals...which really should just be standard and the only thing you can argue about is the money. ****ing ridiculous that this still isn't working, amateur hour.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #52
AnthonyG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Does anyone know how to sort to find players without going to that search area
and having to type a name

ex. How do i find the best finish Goalies outside the NHL
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #53
Pilsette
Bat Boy

Is it just me or is it nearly impossible to sign your own european draftees? I nearly always get the message that they don't want to sign overseas right now!?
Pilsette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #54
Roger24
Bat Boy

Thanks very much for this update. Previously, playing in historical mode, the schedules for 1979-80 and 1981-82 seasons, at least, had the home teams as the road teams and vice versa, in relation to the actual historical schedules. After downloading the patch, the 1980-81 schedule, at least, has the home and road teams correct, hope that is fixed for good - and hope the problem of having draft picks which have changed hands via trades disappear/become nullified after beginning a new season has been resolved, too!
Thanks again for your ongoing work.
Roger24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #55
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger24 View Post
Thanks very much for this update. Previously, playing in historical mode, the schedules for 1979-80 and 1981-82 seasons, at least, had the home teams as the road teams and vice versa, in relation to the actual historical schedules. After downloading the patch, the 1980-81 schedule, at least, has the home and road teams correct, hope that is fixed for good - and hope the problem of having draft picks which have changed hands via trades disappear/become nullified after beginning a new season has been resolved, too!
Thanks again for your ongoing work.
True, beside the ridiculous Ratings-display problem the historical mode is pretty much playable after the draftpicks problem has been resolved
Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #56
Roger24
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
True, beside the ridiculous Ratings-display problem the historical mode is pretty much playable after the draftpicks problem has been resolved
Draft picks which exchanged hands in previous season are remaining with their new teams for the new season, at least in my first experience. (Speaking of the 'historical' mode here) Excellent. Thank you!
Roger24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #57
Ciccarelli
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilsette View Post
Is it just me or is it nearly impossible to sign your own european draftees? I nearly always get the message that they don't want to sign overseas right now!?
What leagues are you trying to sign them from? If they're playing in Russia (KHL, MHL and VHL), they're pretty much impossible to sign until they become free agents (then they're fair game). I have also noticed this happening in the major leagues in Sweden, Finland, etc.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #58
Pilsette
Bat Boy

Quote:
What leagues are you trying to sign them from? If they're playing in Russia (KHL, MHL and VHL), they're pretty much impossible to sign until they become free agents (then they're fair game). I have also noticed this happening in the major leagues in Sweden, Finland, etc.
Yes, that's true. I was talking about some 20 year old Swedes. Too bad that it is so hard to sign them now :/
And they still play at Junior Level, not Elite League...thought they would sign.
Pilsette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:31 PM   #59
bob
Minors (Double A)

sorry for my english because I'm french. so I'll try to be as clear as possible. generally in each patch in their post, the team mentioned what was the next thing on which they attack for developement. someone has an idea?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #60
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
sorry for my english because I'm french. so I'll try to be as clear as possible. generally in each patch in their post, the team mentioned what was the next thing on which they attack for developement. someone has an idea?

They(developers) have been quiet about the subject of what's next as far as something new is concerned. Most people want all the editing available but that must be a pretty big hurdle.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote