Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 11-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #41
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Well those pics are from full screen, I have a 2012 MacBook Pro, 1280x800 also looks crunched
Old 11-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #42
YZG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliean View Post
i dont know about that denmark is a rising nation in hockey and their international play isent very good at all as their best players are in the nhl.i think it more has to do with nations close buy is helping developing their players.like sweden has had most of the danish players that are in the nhl in their youth teams and up.like frans nielsen,lars eller.mikkle boedker that just a few of them i think 90% of the danish players in the nhl have had hockey education in sweden.maybe a mix of both of them?
I agree. The NT's performances depend on its players, so that's kind of a circle - NT does poorly because its players are poor, so there won't ever be better players, unless, by some sheer luck, one good player spawns there. It can influence, but as Aliean says, it can't be the only factor. There also have to be some grassroot actions.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #43
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
We use a different Framework then OOTP.

What do you mean by "unplayable"? What screensize do you have?
What I meant for me as it being "unplayable" is the bottom of the screen is cut off. Tell me what screen size you want me to try and I'll give you a screen shot.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:51 PM   #44
seven
All Star Reserve

More on Mac display problems

Since this thread has picked up on some display problems that Mac users are having, I thought it would be a good idea to point out two other display problems that I have been encountering. One type of problem occurs when displaying leader stats. Under GOALIE LEADERS, values such as goals against average and save pct. do not display full values, but rather they show up as .9… (instead of .932). See the first screen shot below. A problem also occurs when displaying PLAYER STATS, whereby the Filter and Info pull down menus are not present. On rare occasions (I've not been able to figure out what causes them to occur), these two pull down menus are available, but most of the time they are not. See the second screen shot below.

The second type of problem occurs in the box scores for games. Again, certain types of values do not display fully, but instead come out as something like 27… instead of 27:30. This happens with ice time and face offs won % values. See the third screen shot below.

These problems are not fixed by using larger screen sizes. This seems to be an output formatting problem and apparently is peculiar to the Mac OS.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:04 AM   #45
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliean View Post
i dont know about that denmark is a rising nation in hockey and their international play isent very good at all as their best players are in the nhl.i think it more has to do with nations close buy is helping developing their players.like sweden has had most of the danish players that are in the nhl in their youth teams and up.like frans nielsen,lars eller.mikkle boedker that just a few of them i think 90% of the danish players in the nhl have had hockey education in sweden.maybe a mix of both of them?
I agree to some degree, having youth players in Sweden has helped the top level of danish players, but the success of the national team (Playing in the A-group for a long time, winning against USA in 2010 and nearly making the Olympics is widely seen as success in Denmark) has raised the interest in the sport - I just don't think we've seen the full effect of it yet.
I think it makes sense to tie "the Mongolian invasion example" to internation play, as it would seem random if a non-hockey country just upped and build rinks in-world for no apparent reason.
Skadhauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #46
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
Since this thread has picked up on some display problems that Mac users are having, I thought it would be a good idea to point out two other display problems that I have been encountering. One type of problem occurs when displaying leader stats. Under GOALIE LEADERS, values such as goals against average and save pct. do not display full values, but rather they show up as .9… (instead of .932). See the first screen shot below. A problem also occurs when displaying PLAYER STATS, whereby the Filter and Info pull down menus are not present. On rare occasions (I've not been able to figure out what causes them to occur), these two pull down menus are available, but most of the time they are not. See the second screen shot below.

The second type of problem occurs in the box scores for games. Again, certain types of values do not display fully, but instead come out as something like 27… instead of 27:30. This happens with ice time and face offs won % values. See the third screen shot below.

These problems are not fixed by using larger screen sizes. This seems to be an output formatting problem and apparently is peculiar to the Mac OS.
It's not just Mac. If they would just eliminate the miles of space between the names and stats that would help.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #47
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skadhauge View Post
I agree to some degree, having youth players in Sweden has helped the top level of danish players, but the success of the national team (Playing in the A-group for a long time, winning against USA in 2010 and nearly making the Olympics is widely seen as success in Denmark) has raised the interest in the sport - I just don't think we've seen the full effect of it yet.
I think it makes sense to tie "the Mongolian invasion example" to internation play, as it would seem random if a non-hockey country just upped and build rinks in-world for no apparent reason.
yea i agree but as to what jeff said just having it on the national team's success is not the answer in my opinion.thats why i want influences from other countries aswell.i do hope one day denmark can become a big threat in hockey.just as the swiss hockey has developed over the last 10 years
Old 11-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #48
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Update: 2013/11/14

As I wrote earlier the next maintenance patch was released to the beta team yesterday so we are on track for a release next week.

A late addition was a file called "presets.txt" to the quickstarts that can be used to add existing injuries to the modern game. The file includes all NHL injuries we were aware off.

Later, we will expand the file to include stuff like Captain and Jersey#.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #49
bob
Minors (Double A)

can i know it is on your project to integrate the fired management for computer ?? exemple the team don't have the season they want and fired is coach or Général manager ?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:23 AM   #50
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

I'm hoping there's more misconducts and instigators in the game, the policemen need to find each other more often as well, the Steve Downies and Scott Hartnell's fighting the enforcers are unrealistic!
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #51
inker19
Bat Boy

Proper editing of staff members needs to be included!
inker19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #52
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Partial fix list for the next patch:

Stats in career histories should now be totalled separately by league.
AI should no longer occasionally change user's training settings while training assistant is turned off.
User's role no longer editable in commissioner mode (prventing accidental disabling of some features if role is changed.)
Eligible players for CHL import drafts no longer occasionally un-viewable by user.
League histories for customer leagues no longer have W-L-T missing in the standings.
Traded draft picks in historical mode now remain with correct team when draft rules change.
Single-season leaderboards no longer cleared each year in custom games.
No longer possible to place waived players on waivers again.
Regular-season overtime length will now save when edited instead of reverting to 5.
Quickstarts should no longer change player names to "Jim Unknown."
Transfer Fees In line in team finances should now update properly after a transaction instead of being changed to the value of the cash acquired in the most recent transaction.
Extra check added to determine if players are interested in signing for a team on a different continent.
Transfer deadlines in European leagues should now reset correctly after the first season.
Dragging and dropping a player into an even-strength line on the lineup screen should now swap that player with the target, rather than just overwriting him.
Teams can no longer created extra budget room by offering over-budget contracts and then revoking the offer.
Very minor countries (Mongolia, etc.) should no longer occasionally create NHL star-caliber prospects.
Training checks on nonplayable teams now use better default coaching values.
Rate of mental attribute improvement for goalies improved.
Passing, pokecheck, rebound, and skating ratings should now decline properly for goalies.
Young olayers should now always be willing to sign two-way contracts.
Staff editing now works in the proper 1-20 range instead of 1-9.
Inability of some OHL teams to receive trade responses fixed.
PDO should now be calculated properly.
Player demands and team offers should now place more value on player potential.
Crash when trying to view contract screens of some players fixed.
Crashes during June 30-July 1 transition fixed.
Waivers should no longer be disabled in commissioner mode.
Various misspellings fixed.
The usual database updates; hidden ratings for NHL players should now have much more variety.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see nothing above to address some of the most glaring problems with FHM

1) Player Development and a declining talent pool over time .. see Ciccarellie's thread

2) AI Roster Management ... or mismanagement rather. Again, see that same thread. AI teams hording vets that will never play in the NHL while cutting their top prospects

3) Scouting ... right now, scouting is something that just happens. There's no scouting report on a player, no assement of their potential (ie I think he'll be a good 3rd line grinder, He'll dominate in the top 6 on any team).

4) The UI in general feels clunky and has too many clicks (ie no qucik buttons, no intuitive linking from one page to the next)

Also, any ETA on something like the "League Expansion Wizard" used in OOTP?

Last edited by Mordrehl; 11-17-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #53
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see nothing above to address some of the most glaring problems with FHM

1) Player Development and a declining talent pool over time .. see Ciccarellie's thread

2) AI Roster Management ... or mismanagement rather. Again, see that same thread. AI teams hording vets that will never play in the NHL while cutting their top prospects

3) Scouting ... right now, scouting is something that just happens. There's no scouting report on a player, no assement of their potential (ie I think he'll be a good 3rd line grinder, He'll dominate in the top 6 on any team).

4) The UI in general feels clunky and has too many clicks (ie no qucik buttons, no intuitive linking from one page to the next)

Also, any ETA on something like the "League Expansion Wizard" used in OOTP?
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #54
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Couple things that I've noticed....

1.) In-game - Matchups say (ex.) Flyers at "team x", when Flyers are actually home team and vice versa, showing Flyers vs "team x" when Flyers are actually on road. This is under the "play game" tab.

2.) Opposing team tactics - When viewing opposing team tactics, all lines and tactics are identical. No variation and they appear to be on "default" settings. Don't know if this is intentional, as in we're not supposed to "know" what the other team's tactics are, or the game isn't generating tactics for non-user controlled teams.

3.) Scouting - I understand the conceptual difference between pro and amateur scouting, however, I don't know what the game considers to be pro vs. amateur players for leagues outside N. America. Example: Scouting in Scandavia - the Swedish league in real life is arguably a top 3 league worldwide, but am I scouting pros or amateurs since they aren't necessarily "NHL caliber"?

4.) Fitness/Game-shape - Players always seem to be at 100 for fitness. I would imagine that as the season wears on, it would be rare to see players at a 100 rating unless they hadn't played in awhile due to being a scratch or injured.

5.) Trading Block - Would be nice to set a list of "wants" for AI to perhaps tailor trade offers.

6.) General UI improvements, facilitating ease of use and making a more intuitive system would be a nice improvement. I'm not well versed in such UI knowledge, so I'm probably not the best to articulate what needs to be done to improve things.

7.) International Tournaments - World Championships/Junior Worlds/Olympics - If these teams could be included and populated based on in-game performance, that would be awesome. Perhaps you could have the option of watching the tournaments be simmed or you could be selected as a manager and/or coach for these teams based on your success as a manager/coach.

8.) All-Star Game - Get to see voting and results of game over different leagues. Controlling an NHL team, as an example, if you lead your conference in overall point percentage at the break, you get to manage the team.

Overall, I am enjoying the game and am finding that the more I put into each game, the more I get out of it, so major kudos for that. I'm really looking forward to the future of this series!

Last edited by flyers139; 11-18-2013 at 08:39 AM.
flyers139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #55
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers139 View Post
Couple things that I've noticed....

5.) Trading Block - Would be nice to set a list of "wants" for AI to perhaps tailor trade offers.
I would love to see trading block to be like OOTP14 where teams make you offers when you shop players around. I enjoyed getting a series of offers and reviewing them and then making such trade I feel would be best. I really hope they add this feature.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #56
flyers139
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've noticed that post-game reports do not list the 3 stars of the game, even though there are spots for them.

Also, on a team's home page, there are no names populating in the boxes for who's hot and who's not.
flyers139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:06 AM   #57
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers139 View Post

7.) International Tournaments - World Championships/Junior Worlds/Olympics - If these teams could be included and populated based on in-game performance, that would be awesome. Perhaps you could have the option of watching the tournaments be simmed or you could be selected as a manager and/or coach for these teams based on your success as a manager/coach.

8.) All-Star Game - Get to see voting and results of game over different leagues. Controlling an NHL team, as an example, if you lead your conference in overall point percentage at the break, you get to manage the team.
Already announced not for this version, probably for FHM2015
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #58
nelsoncat
Minors (Single A)

Today!?!?

wel..it's "next week"...do we get the patch!?!? maybe an update please? thanks!
nelsoncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #59
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Already announced not for this version, probably for FHM2015
That is pretty sad that they would have plans for FHM 2015 when FHM 2014 is a CF compared to OOTP14.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #60
Tib
All Star Reserve

I'm going to jump in and say I think this patch is full of positive fixes and will definitely help, but I want it out there that some of us are waiting for full implementation of custom league, logos, unis, player generators, etc.

First things first, I know, but when this happens (and the game is stable), I'm in. Keep it up, guys.
Tib is offline   Reply With Quote