Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Smile Please support us on Steam Greenlight!

Today we're launching Steam Greenlight campaigns for Out of the Park Baseball 14 and Franchise Hockey Manager. We'd like to ask everyone to vote for both games and help us get approved to sell OOTP 14 and FHM on Steam, in addition to continuing to use our existing web stores. Voting on Greenlight doesn't commit you to buying anything, so it doesn't matter if you've already bought one or both games from us.

And don't worry: we'll continue to sell our games directly from our website and will NOT make them Steam-exclusive.

To cast your vote, you don't need to install the Steam client, but Greenlight requires you to be a Steam customer. All you need to do is go to the Greenlight pages for Out of the Park Baseball and Franchise Hockey Manager, and click "Yes" under "Would you buy this game if it were available in Steam?" That's it.

There were a few concerns expressed last year when OOTP 13 was added to Greenlight, so I'd like to explain what we're hoping to accomplish with this, and hopefully make it clear how this plan fits into the future of the company. Some people were worried that we get a smaller share of the game revenues when people buy from Steam. That's true, but we do not see Steam as a replacement for our normal way of selling games via eSellerate - it's an additional way of getting OOTP and FHM into the hands of potential fans who would otherwise not have discovered the games.

And the more people discover and enjoy our games, the better for everyone involved, because this will allow us to spend even more resources on the development of our titles.

So, please visit the Greenlight pages for OOTP and FHM and give us your votes, encourage your friends to do the same, and help us bring our games to a new audience, and make even better games for you in the future!

Thank you.
Markus and the OOTP Developments Team
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

One YES, one ASK ME AGAIN LATER.. Best of luck to the team let's hope this goes through!

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #3
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for not making it Steam Exclusive I hate those Steam gangsters.

Just when you click the link to vote..
It says everything,

Old 10-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Done
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

And voted. And yes having it not bound exclusively to Steam is always good to hear. Already had one favourite of mine go down that road, I'd rather not have OOTP be added to my "Do not buy" list as well.

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:57 AM   #6
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

I will be sure to vote as soon as I get home from work. Get these games on Steam!
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #7
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Done and done.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
John2412
Bat Boy

No way with Steam

Personally I wont support ANY game that goes down the steam route. Had too many issues with "unable to connect" and on closing down PC's the "waiting for steam to close" messages. Not to mention the "steam has crashed" ones.................

PC's were not built with the steam engine so don't need that extra possible problem installed !

I have deliberately kept any game that uses steam OFF my new computers and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

John
Enjoy your present....
And never lose sight of your dreams

Last edited by John2412; 10-24-2013 at 10:47 AM.
John2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Cant really see a negative here.

Means I don't have to worry about losing my details (as im assuming we would get a Steam key)

Any patches are sent directly to me as soon as.

Integration with Steam Workshop could make mods and file shares so much easier.

However, from my experience the Steam forums are far more venomous than here
TheAdamBn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #10
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Tried to vote...Steam said I did not have enough privileges to perform the task. I had to purchase, activate, or redeem on Steam in order to do so.
Sorry!
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #11
TheAdamBn
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb2687 View Post
Tried to vote...Steam said I did not have enough privileges to perform the task. I had to purchase, activate, or redeem on Steam in order to do so.
Sorry!
You could try getting a Free To Play game and then not install it
TheAdamBn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #12
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Voted

Apparently some people who have it in for Steam are commenting. I'd hate to think they could give a no vote just because they are dicks.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #13
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Have not bought the game, yet.
Voted!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #14
Meanie
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I voted for both and hope it works out in bringing these products to more of the masses. I have been an OOTP fan since all of our online leagues switched from Front Page Sports '98! Yes, I'm OLD! As for steam, I bought a game over the counter that turned out to be a Steam Exclusive game and have never had a problem with it. Since then I have bought a couple more games directly from Steam and still no problems, so while some folks may hate the service for varied reasons, I happen to enjoy a lot of what they have to offer. Love my AA3 and Train Simulator 2014!
Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #15
Shutout
Bat Boy

Can players using Steam play online with those who aren't using Steam?
Shutout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #16
Pax25
Minors (Single A)

Voted

Pax25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #17
Shepyrd
Bat Boy

I have given this a thumbs up on Steam Greenlight. Looking forward to adding this to my Steam collection. If we buy the game here now, will Steam keys be provided later?

No need to debate Steam with me. I have been using it for 8 years and it makes sense you make your game available there for people like me. So, Thanks!
Shepyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:32 PM   #18
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I am one of those few who has been wronged by steam too often so I will never purchase over it. But with that said, I wholeheartedly support this as long it does not become exclusive to steam. Good luck, it will definately improve the client base.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #19
GMO123
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I am one of those few who has been wronged by steam too often so I will never purchase over it. But with that said, I wholeheartedly support this as long it does not become exclusive to steam. Good luck, it will definately improve the client base.
I voted for FHM on Steam.

I've had my problems with Steam in the past but in the last 6 months there has been no problems. Steam seems to have improved.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
Can players using Steam play online with those who aren't using Steam?
Yeah, the online design will be the same as with OOTP, exchange of files via uploading/downloading from a server, so it'll be independent of the type of game licensing and platform (Mac or PC.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote