Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-18-2013, 03:10 AM   #141
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMuse View Post
Oh, I wouldn't say The Wolf and I argue as such..I appreciate a good debate. He is obstinate...but so am I. I'm also highly opinionated - but if I have no opinions what would be the point me posting to a forum in the first place?
Exactly so.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:35 PM   #142
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Exactly so.
You want a piece a me? Huh? Huh!?

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #143
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
You want a piece a me? Huh? Huh!?
You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #144
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here.

Say hello to my little friend!

Old 12-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #145
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss?

Old 12-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #146
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

nope...still around...just been preoccupied...plus no one else was posting here for a while. And for some reason this is the first notification I've had at all in ages..despite there having been several posts.

Christmas is not a good time for me.

Last edited by MrMuse; 12-20-2013 at 01:30 PM.
MrMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #147
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Well, Happy New Year then.

Old 12-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #148
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What's the most you ever lost in a coin toss?
probably about $700

Old 12-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #149
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
nope...still around...just been preoccupied...plus no one else was posting here for a while. And for some reason this is the first notification I've had at all in ages..despite there having been several posts.

Christmas is not a good time for me.
Quote:
Well, Happy New Year then.
Quite. I hope everything is OK, Mr. Muse.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:38 AM   #150
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the wishes guys. It's just that, as I've mentioned before, my fiancée walked out on me 2 weeks before last Christmas (we were to be married last March) and being bombarded by adds about Christmas being all about family when you are stuck alone in a house you bought for someone else in the first place isn't much fun. As for New Years - being reminded that another year has gone by and you are no better off than every year before has never been my favourite thing. I'm a bitter old cynic but that's just what life has made me.

Regardless, I hope you all have a great holiday season.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:05 PM   #151
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wishing you the best holiday season that you can have as well. This is going to sound silly, but try playing more OOTPB (and other games that you like). OOTPB has taken my mind off some rough spots in my own life at times.

- Bru

Old 12-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #152
themonk
Minors (Triple A)

Hoping that you're feeling better.

I have to agree with Bru. I've been chronically ill for the past 11 years, and home bound most of the time. Playing OOTP has been therapeutic in my situation, and helped me a lot.

Wishing you the best during this holiday season...
Old 12-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #153
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the wishes guys. It's just that, as I've mentioned before, my fiancée walked out on me 2 weeks before last Christmas (we were to be married last March) and being bombarded by adds about Christmas being all about family when you are stuck alone in a house you bought for someone else in the first place isn't much fun. As for New Years - being reminded that another year has gone by and you are no better off than every year before has never been my favourite thing. I'm a bitter old cynic but that's just what life has made me.

The only time you fail is when you give up. The only valid excuse you have to give up is if you are dead. As long as you are alive you have the choice to keep trying until you finally succeed and you're only beaten when you quit trying. So get your butt out of that house and go out and meet new people and make your life better than it was before. No one is stopping you...except you.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #154
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only time you fail is when you give up. The only valid excuse you have to give up is if you are dead. As long as you are alive you have the choice to keep trying until you finally succeed and you're only beaten when you quit trying. So get your butt out of that house and go out and meet new people and make your life better than it was before. No one is stopping you...except you.
^^^

Well said.

- Bru

Old 12-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #155
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

If you don't try you can't fail
Old 12-27-2013, 10:52 AM   #156
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you don't try you can't fail
If you don't try you fail every day.

I lost the love of my life as well. I got myself right back out there and ended up with someone smarter, nicer, prettier and far more stable. Yes, it was difficult and sometimes it was no fun at all. But faint heart never did win fair maiden.

Every day that you sit at home feeling sorry for yourself is a day that she wins and you lose. And if you want to be that kind of loser - well, we can't stop you.

But you can.

Last edited by The Wolf; 12-27-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #157
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Mr. Muse, judging from your posts, you are a deep thinker who ponders, stews, muses (see what I did there? ), reflects, contemplates, considers, reviews, broods, ruminates, deliberates and then ponders some more before arriving at a decision and taking action. There's nothing wrong with that. That's the way you were made. I'm kinda like that myself - I can get a bit tangled up in my thoughts and they can be quite negative, as negative as say..."You can't fail if you don't try".

I think everybody here can relate to what you're going through. Everybody has a different way of dealing with it. Mr. Wolf is a person of action, and he got himself right back out there, even though at times it felt crappy. The world needs people of action to get things done, and brooders and thinkers to put the brakes on when there might be something that hasn't been considered with a given course of action. There's room for all types along this spectrum of dealing with the crap life deals you, or making decisions or whatever.

The point in all this rambling is that you may have to take Mr. Wolf's well meant advice and break it down into smaller, bite-sized, more manageable pieces that you're able to handle, so that eventually (before you know it) you're back out there. If some of these pieces send you scurrying back to the comfort of your cocoon, that's OK, provided you dust yourself off and take another stab at it.

Also, keep this thread going. I have a feeling the word "journey" is going to have more than one meaning as time goes by, and definitely not all of them will be OOTP-related. It may not feel like it right now, (in fact it sucks right now) but you're going to get there. How do I know? 'Cause this thread is the best damn thread going, and who started it? Uh, that would be you sir. Cheers.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:08 PM   #158
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Beautiful words, jackson.

I'll add my perspective.

It really doesn't matter. Not one single iota.

Whoa...whoa!!! What's that? Doesn't even matter you say? Bingo! Every beach is the same. Every bar is the same. Every car is the same. Every everything is the same. Done it once you've done it a million times.

So really what's the point?

Well, my friend, there ain't one. You can be or you can cease to be then you will cease to be or you won't cease to be.

Visualize this: Every single moment in time as perceived by any single entity that has ever existed. Break down each one of those realities into their component parts. Whether that single entity be a human's conscious, or a canine's conscious, or a single-celled protoplasm's perception of reality.

Everyone of those infinitely small moments of time from every infinitely single perceiver of those moments of time. Put all of those moments (the future ones, the current ones, and the past ones) on a piece of paper. Make a little black dot for every single moment in time that every single entity has ever experienced or will ever experience.

Every single moment in time, whether future or past, is happening simultaneously. They all happen at the same time. What's more is that each one of those moments happen eternally.

So what you have is every single infinitely small moment in time that has ever happened and that will ever happen all happening at the same time and all happening eternally. Every single moment in time that has ever happened or that will ever happen is happening forever and ever.

Now take a tiny little magnifying glass and scan across the papper for a few seconds, years, decades. As you scan across those moments you experience them as if they were cause and effect. You experience beginning and end. But truth is they are all eternal moments and they all happen at the same time. There is no cause. There is no effect. There is no beginning and there is no end. There is no life and there is no death. Those moments are still there. They are eternal. They have meaning. They are not just moments that disappear as soon as they are experienced. They last forever and they happen forever. They are eternal moments. All of them.

The tree leaf experiences the warmth of the sun, the cold of winter, good rainfall, and drought as it scans across your sheet of paper. Same with the wolf, the rabbit, the sheep, and the lion. Same with me, same with you. I feel separate from you because my scan is different than your scan. A ripple of energy passes across some moments. That ripple is what you like to call "you". But really you are not that ripple. You are All of those moments.

But here's the kicker. We are the same source. We are the same energy. We are the same entity. We just experience all those infinitely different moments from a different vantage point. But you are Alexander the Great and so am I. We are all Alexander the Great. You are that homeless guy and so am I. We all are. We are all that slug we put salt on. We/I are/am all each other.

All those moments in time are eternal and last forever. Maybe death brings an opportunity to percieve them all at once then we realize that we/I am one.

Or maybe we get a different scan. Or maybe no more scans.

But one thing is for certain. There's no point worrying. There's no point in being happy. There's no point in anything except experiencing them.

So, my friend, I say experience those feelings as strongly as you can. I'm counting on you to percieve them for me/us.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 12-27-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #159
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

HP, I was looking for the "mind blown" smilie, but I couldn't find one, so this will have to do.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:27 PM   #160
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer