Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 10-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #81
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
Another big issue that needs addressing is players going to Europe, when they are clearly on their way to being NHL Superstars, or very good NHL'ers. Example, Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Nail Yakupov and really any other top rated prospects. This is especially off for Canadian players, who when good enough for the NHL, rarely if ever go overseas.

The only North American players that go overseas, are ones that aren't up to par with the NHL level, or can't get a contract in the NHL at the time.

Some European players, (ie, Alex Radulov) doing that is realistic, but not North American born players.

Seem to be seeing lots of players, example current top prospects, playing in the NHL or AHL or Canadian Juniors, with rights from KHL teams. Nugent Hopkins and many other young players are getting drafted by the KHL, which shouldn't be happening, as those KHL teams, even if they could, wouldn't waste their picks on players who have no intention of ever playing for them.

Also, seeing a lot of players just three years into the game, that are drastically losing their speed and acceleration numbers, (example, Patrick Eaves dropped to a 7 in both, when he is a decently speedy player. Don't think a young 30 year old players drop off that quickly, or even would drop that low at the end of their careers.
agreed was about to post something like this.the players that gets their stats droped that much has to do with the aging attribute that isent edited on 98% of the players so they start to decline very fast even young stars.the only team i found that dident have almost everyone set to 10 is the pittsburgh penguins and some random young player that was set to 14 so for them to fix this they have to go back and edit all players again as they need a major update anyway
Aliean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #82
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post

Seem to be seeing lots of players, example current top prospects, playing in the NHL or AHL or Canadian Juniors, with rights from KHL teams. Nugent Hopkins and many other young players are getting drafted by the KHL, which shouldn't be happening, as those KHL teams, even if they could, wouldn't waste their picks on players who have no intention of ever playing for them.
This is a bug in the KHL draft as KHL teams aren't allowed to draft NHL players. I reported it to the devs quite some time ago, hopefully it'll get fixed.

Could you kindly report it in the "bug report" thread in the bugs forums?
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #83
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdad View Post
So...should be able to continue save game...and as long as I sim and do not go into the in-game mode this is correct. However, touch anything in in game mode and the game crashes in the beta version of 1.2 build 10.
This is exactly why this game is unplayable... Why start something now that is buggy with hopes that the bugs will be cleared up only to find out that I can't continue my game?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #84
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
I'm not going to disagree that the Home Road advantage needs to be fixed, but having a beta patch is becoming more common. The game Civ5 has just come out with a beta patch.
Right, but when Civ5 was released, it was in a playable state. This game, however, was not.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #85
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I have my team set to AI control lineups and by default it's putting my top centre on every single line as the centre. I cranked up his ratings just for fun to see what would happen and my fictional player has 268 points in 39 games...he plays all game.

In all seriousness the bug where he is added to each line by the AI must be fixed ASAP. This didn't happen until my 4th season into the modern day game.

EDIT: 570 points in 81 games +540 188PIM lol Maple leafs Went 79-2-1 Teams goal for 634.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-05-2013 at 02:53 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:08 PM   #86
Vikke

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Right, but when Civ5 was released, it was in a playable state. This game, however, was not.
And Civ5 had a development team of LOTS of people. Probably way more experienced in their respective areas as well. FHM is a small team, small budget game.
Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #87
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
And Civ5 had a development team of LOTS of people. Probably way more experienced in their respective areas as well. FHM is a small team, small budget game.
What you are saying has absolutely nothing to do with how the game was released. If the game was going to be unplayable it should not have been released.
JustBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #88
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
either way, the game won't survive unless it builds a dedicated fanbase and as more time passes it's getting harder and harder to do that unless OOTP has decided on 2 versions no matter what. And from what I see it seems that they have so that's a good sign. I don't see the sales being all that great for the first version.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #89
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
However I imagine the FHM team are salaried as developers for OOTP. I work in a small development team for a large Utility company. If the systems we work on are flawed then energy users get incorrect bills and also the companies ability to trade in energy is compromised. Not all of my team are experienced.

We plan the systems we work on to include the users requirements and we work hard to produce what is expected of us.

My opinion is this. The game was originally supposed to come out late 2012 and was announced mid 2012?. The game came out in September 2013 which is a full nine months later. The delay was supposed to be so that the development team could produce a better game.

The development team rightly or wrongly then seemed to try and produce a game to meet a large and complex list of user requests rather than producing a working Hockey Management Simulation.

Screenshots were produced of the game in December 2012 which still look pretty much the same as the released product. The game was released as a beta and users who chose to bought the pre-release version and tried out the various beta-versions. The game in my opinion has regressed through the beta process and was released riddled with bugs at full price to new users.

We have been told that the developers were working hard in the last month or so to get the game out. This suggests that the development wasn't planned properly as towards the end of a project you should be looking at fixing a few minor issues here and there not rushing to fix things to get it released and then still release it in the state it was in upon release. This also makes me question the testing of the game as some of these bugs must have been pretty obvious during testing.

A patch was released and issues that had been reported regularly during the beta process still remained unfixed and now it still looks the same with the second patch which is a 'beta-patch'.

I will never ask for a refund. I still hope that the game will improve in the next 5-6 months with a few more patches. However the product at the end of that period will determine if I buy FHM2015.

There are my opinions. I expect people won't agree. I also suspect I will get called names or other immature comments will be made like there is each time someone questions the quality of the game. However these comments are made based on my experience as a Developer for the last 16 years.

Last edited by Penfold75; 10-08-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:58 AM   #90
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I have been and remain a huge supporter and I am sure you mean well but this is probably the issue. You can not release a poor product because it is a small budget and then charge close to same price as top tier games.

I am sure the team is put off by the complaints I can see it in the posts but just own it and fix it, rather than make excuses.
drewst18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #91
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Oh I get it.. so the size of the company is directly related to the value of my money. That makes perfect sense.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 10-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #92
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Will the next update contain anything new or will it be the same as the beta(with the bugs hopefully fixed)?

Also,when will we expect that the editors(expansion,etc.) be turned on?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #93
traveler99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
if its indeed a small budget game like you say, why not charge budget price for it then, something like 19.99 more approriate though in this current state i would not pay even that...
traveler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #94
croatian
All Star Starter

Is it possible to add option where we can post news from the game on our facebook/twitter account ? It is cool feature from ootp 14
croatian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #95
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

I'm sure the FHM didn't expect the game to be at this point in development at this time but from what I can see they are working their tails off for each update.

Their mistake as they noted was trying to add too many features in their first version. If they didn't do that we would have fully functional, fully operational game by release, but I for one am more than happy waiting longer to get some of the neat extra features.

With each update I find myself having more and more fun with the game.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #96
MXD
Minors (Double A)

Is there a timetable set for the release of the 1.2.10 non-beta patch? ... Or the follower of 1.2.10 Beta Patch ?
MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 AM   #97
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Oh I get it.. so the size of the company is directly related to the value of my money. That makes perfect sense.
You need to take demand into the account as well. There surely are higher budget games for the same price, but more people will buy them. Therefore they can afford higher budget.

FHM, on the other hand, is a specialized game that only relatively small group of players appreciate and want. There is no way FHM can sell as many copies as Civ5.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #98
joshbrady91
Minors (Single A)

hi

hey guys, am wondering if someone has purchased the game and then it gets a deal with steam will people who have payed for it be entitled to use via steam or any other net client? thanks alot
joshbrady91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #99
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbrady91 View Post
hey guys, am wondering if someone has purchased the game and then it gets a deal with steam will people who have payed for it be entitled to use via steam or any other net client? thanks alot
I highly doubt the first version will be released on steam
Old 10-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #100
gosens
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
25. Incorrect schedules no longer used in certain leagues/years.
Historic league 1978-79 (at least when the league was started in 1947 and with all checkboxes off) still didn't manage to finish the schedule by the end of June 1979. Some teams had played 74 games, others as low as 68. No playoffs took place and award winners were not assigned. Season simply reset at July 1, 1979.

I'd put this in the bug thread but seeing this changes list, I thought I would respond here... the same issue was present before the beta patch.

thanks
gosens is offline   Reply With Quote