Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #61
yzerwing
All Star Starter

The home road advantage needs by now to be fixed as it really affects the league when every team sucks on the road. Also, the lack of top rated Canadian players is way off in the draft. Canada isn't where it used to be, but it is still at least 60% Canadian players drafted in the NHL draft. At this point it seems like after the first round or two, that it is like 1 out of every 20 players are Canadian, when you sort them by top potential. This is nowhere near to realistic.

There are also, far too many 20 year olds being selected. There should be some, but so far there seem to be a lot of 20 yr olds selected. Continuing to be patient, but I think updates need to happen quicker, even if they are smaller. Waiting for a released game a month at a time, shouldn't be happening, when the game isn't running like it should.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #62
Perceptor
Minors (Triple A)

I haven't scrolled through the thread, but can we edit jersey numbers now?
Perceptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #63
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
The home road advantage needs by now to be fixed as it really affects the league when every team sucks on the road. Also, the lack of top rated Canadian players is way off in the draft. Canada isn't where it used to be, but it is still at least 60% Canadian players drafted in the NHL draft. At this point it seems like after the first round or two, that it is like 1 out of every 20 players are Canadian, when you sort them by top potential. This is nowhere near to realistic.

There are also, far too many 20 year olds being selected. There should be some, but so far there seem to be a lot of 20 yr olds selected. Continuing to be patient, but I think updates need to happen quicker, even if they are smaller. Waiting for a released game a month at a time, shouldn't be happening, when the game isn't running like it should.
This is the ultimate game killer for me. This was mentioned as being on the devs radar with the release of the game and has not been acknowledged since. This game remains completely broke until this can get fixed.
gmerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #64
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post

Home Road advantage definitely needs fixing. It is a problem that has been reported multiple times. If it is not fixed after two patches I'm going to find it difficult to make any excuses for the development team any longer. After this 'beta' patch (I find having a beta patch is laughable) the game is still pretty flawed to me and I'm wondering how many more patches are we going to have to wait for until we get to the product we were expecting on release.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:58 AM   #65
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
I played my custom league till 2030 then i could not go forward is that suppose to happen or did i just get unlucky?
You actully got lucky to even get this far.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #66
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger View Post
This is the ultimate game killer for me. This was mentioned as being on the devs radar with the release of the game and has not been acknowledged since. This game remains completely broke until this can get fixed.
Completely broken? Really? I imagine something different under "completely broken"...
Old 10-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #67
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
League Structure change is still there. I don't recall ever seeing an league expansion wizard for FHM at anytime.

Hmmm League Structure doesn't appear to be there for me ... where is it again?

and League Expansion Wizard was only a non-functional button, but it was there and gave me hope :P
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #68
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
Hmmm League Structure doesn't appear to be there for me ... where is it again?

and League Expansion Wizard was only a non-functional button, but it was there and gave me hope :P
Its only there before the beginning of the season. League Edit page,then at the top it has League Structure.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #69
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Its only there before the beginning of the season. League Edit page,then at the top it has League Structure.
Oh ... that would explain it

So is it there during the off-season at all times?
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #70
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordrehl View Post
Oh ... that would explain it

So is it there during the off-season at all times?
I'm not really sure what dates are considered the off-season and the start of a new-season.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #71
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Completely broken? Really? I imagine something different under "completely broken"...
It is a bug that has led me to stop playing this game for more than a month. It makes playing pointless because it does not accurately represent an NHL simulation.

This game is definitely broken, maybe completely is harsh because at least the game can run without crashing, but it is absolutely broken as is.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #72
GMO123
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Home Road advantage definitely needs fixing. It is a problem that has been reported multiple times. If it is not fixed after two patches I'm going to find it difficult to make any excuses for the development team any longer. After this 'beta' patch (I find having a beta patch is laughable) the game is still pretty flawed to me and I'm wondering how many more patches are we going to have to wait for until we get to the product we were expecting on release.
I'm not going to disagree that the Home Road advantage needs to be fixed, but having a beta patch is becoming more common. The game Civ5 has just come out with a beta patch.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #73
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger View Post
It is a bug that has led me to stop playing this game for more than a month. It makes playing pointless because it does not accurately represent an NHL simulation.

This game is definitely broken, maybe completely is harsh because at least the game can run without crashing, but it is absolutely broken as is.
OK, so it's not completely broken, but absolutely broken? Sorry, but do you even read your posts?

I play the game. It's way from being perfect but it's playable. Certainly not completely or absolutely broken.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #74
nichklasbäckström
Minors (Rookie Ball)

godd idea. The name from the awards- original Names Mauriche Richerd. in moment the Name is Goal Scorer Award?
nichklasbäckström is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #75
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
OK, so it's not completely broken, but absolutely broken? Sorry, but do you even read your posts?

I play the game. It's way from being perfect but it's playable. Certainly not completely or absolutely broken.
So because my opinion of playable differs from yours, you feel the need to attack me?

You think playing a game with unrealistic results compared to the real world NHL is ok. That is perfectly fine, go right on ahead.

I think that an NHL simulation game which is supposed to mirror the real life NHL is absolutely broken because teams can barely win on the road.

Not sure what is so hard to understand about completely vs. absolutely. The game can be played so it is not completely broken, but it can't be played the way it is intended to get some actual realistic results so is it broke? Absolutely.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #76
Benvenom
Bat Boy

Hey guys, don't own the game yet but have been a long time lurker on this forum. First thanx for all the opinions both good and bad. Seems the game is making progress. Just wanted to know how the game plays if I just wanted to play as an nhl gm and only had a few leagues active, like ahl and chl? No custom rules just vanilla gameplay. Thanx in advance.
Benvenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #77
Benvenom
Bat Boy

One more question. If I get the windows version now and then want the Mac version do I have to pay again. My gaming laptop is on its last legs and I'm thinking about getting an iMac for the family, this is the main reason y I haven't made the Fhm purchase yet.
Benvenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #78
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichklasbäckström View Post
godd idea. The name from the awards- original Names Mauriche Richerd. in moment the Name is Goal Scorer Award?
Let's face it, the awards right now are pretty useless. The fun ones like Rookie of the year and Playoff MVP and league MVP aren't even activated.

Ha imagine looking through the stats for candidates for the Calder Trophy with no filter! That will be fun

Most of the time the winner of the Norris Trophy you can't even figure out why he won it...and the goalie awards, fewest goals against award for a goalie who only played 35 games happens a ton in FHM...of course hes going to win it...he only played 35 games!

Awards has taken a back seat, as it should, but it too needs a lot of work...all in due time.

If it were to have a name, it would also need a description for those people who don't know the names and the others who can't remember each time.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-04-2013 at 06:00 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #79
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

please take that Jessica Redfield photo out of HNN. I understand you are trying to make a nice tribute but i hate how in your face it is. I would much rather see the league logo in there or anything that actually has something to do with the game. The truth is if it was a photo of a fake reporter i still wouldn't want to see it in there. In my view it doesn't add any sort of value and [quite minimally] takes away the immersion of that screen.

I know I sound heartless but this stuff just takes away the immersion for me and i wouldn't want it in a game im playing.

To go even a step further and be even more ruthless to make a point, why not Make Don Sanderson the owner of the Toronto Maple leafs while you're at it and give him a photo too. There are so many tragedies in the world, i want these sort of reminders in a pc game i'm playing.

When a movie wants to honor someones memory, they put that persons name in the credits for a reason.

I know what people are saying, "if you don't like it, just ignore it" and i guess i have no choice in the matter so i will but it's tacky...not the tribute but the entire photos of reporters. If i simulate 40 years why is this reporter still there? That's part of the reason I would rather see some information or the space used differently.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-05-2013 at 03:18 AM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #80
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Another big issue that needs addressing is players going to Europe, when they are clearly on their way to being NHL Superstars, or very good NHL'ers. Example, Ryan Nugent Hopkins, Nail Yakupov and really any other top rated prospects. This is especially off for Canadian players, who when good enough for the NHL, rarely if ever go overseas.

The only North American players that go overseas, are ones that aren't up to par with the NHL level, or can't get a contract in the NHL at the time.

Some European players, (ie, Alex Radulov) doing that is realistic, but not North American born players.

Seem to be seeing lots of players, example current top prospects, playing in the NHL or AHL or Canadian Juniors, with rights from KHL teams. Nugent Hopkins and many other young players are getting drafted by the KHL, which shouldn't be happening, as those KHL teams, even if they could, wouldn't waste their picks on players who have no intention of ever playing for them.

Also, seeing a lot of players just three years into the game, that are drastically losing their speed and acceleration numbers, (example, Patrick Eaves dropped to a 7 in both, when he is a decently speedy player. Don't think a young 30 year old players drop off that quickly, or even would drop that low at the end of their careers.

Last edited by yzerwing; 10-05-2013 at 05:31 AM.
yzerwing is offline   Reply With Quote