Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #21
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Mike Angelidis of Tampa Bay Lightning has a contract for 550,000 for 1 year, but his cap hit is a whopping 4.5 million, so obviously something off their. Jarome Iginla's cap hit is only 1.8 with Boston, when it should be 6.

Last edited by yzerwing; 10-01-2013 at 08:51 PM.
yzerwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #22
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
Mike Angelidis of Tampa Bay Lightning has a contract for 550,000 for 1 year, but his cap hit is a whopping 4.5 million, so obviously something off their. Jarome Iginla's cap hit is only 1.8 with Boston, when it should be 6.
The game doesn't have a bonus system. Iginla's real contract is mostly bonuses...that explains why it's not correct in FHM.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #23
tfong
Minors (Single A)

I was right to put my faith on a new patch
tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #24
yzerwing
All Star Starter

When countering AI trades they never respond, even though it says they will probably accept the deal. Then you go try that same trade yourself, and it says they very likely won't make the trade.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #25
landru22
Major Leagues

Low Scoring-Fictional with V1210

I ran two quick tests with the new patch. Test 1 was a 22 team fictional league. The ONLY changes I made from the defaults was use fictional players, entry draft, schedule playoffs, the # of playoff teams, and the seedings, . The scoring was way too low. After December 31st the leading goal scorer had 9 and the top goalie had 21 shutouts. I re-checked the settings and they said they were Goals/Game 5.44 (the default) so I'm not sure what happened here.

The second test was the NHL with all defaults and those numbers seemed normal and much more realistic.

I will see if I can reproduce the same low scoring with fictional using the same parameters.

Last edited by landru22; 10-01-2013 at 10:04 PM.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:17 PM   #26
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Yes, the modern nhl is looking decent. The money being offered to players is way off though. Great players are signing for far too little money. The average contract is all over the map. But at this point I would think it can be tweaked once bugs are worked out and it appears a lot of them have been.

14. Nail Yakopov went over to the KHL after 3 seasons in the NHL (Entry Level Contract). He had 37 goals and 74 assists in his 3rd and last year in the NHL then signed in the KHL for $80,000 per year. He was ranked 8.5 / 9.0 I can only imagine that Edmonton was too close to the cap so they didn't offer Yak a contract and being a RFA he had zero options. I wouldn't mind as much if his Russian team offered him 10 million but a two way 80,000 year deal just isn't right. This sort of thing is also happening with UFA but they are signing for next to nothing with another NHL team...they're ratings are decent too.

A 7.5 should be getting at least 3.5 million after the age of 27. If he's an 8 it should be pushing 5 million.

I am hoping over the weekend to randomly select 10 players or so in different areas of their career and follow their path to find things that aren't right. There are quite a few and hopefully we can find the pattern and correct it.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-01-2013 at 10:25 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #27
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
I ran two quick tests with the new patch. Test 1 was a 22 team fictional league. The ONLY changes I made from the defaults was use fictional players, entry draft, schedule playoffs, the # of playoff teams, and the seedings, . The scoring was way too low. After December 31st the leading goal scorer had 9 and the top goalie had 21 shutouts. I re-checked the settings and they said they were Goals/Game 5.44 (the default) so I'm not sure what happened here.

The second test was the NHL with all defaults and those numbers seemed normal and much more realistic.

I will see if I can reproduce the same low scoring with fictional using the same parameters.
I ran a fictional (custom) test again using the same parameters and there seems to be something wrong. Midway thru the season the league leader in pts has only 16. The highest scoring team has only 41 goals in 40 games. Please let me know if you want me to upload my file. I will run other Custom tests when I have more time tomorrow using different parameters to see if I get better results.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #28
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for the update ...
Old 10-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #29
yzerwing
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post

When in off season check the period length, as I had that same problem as well, and then saw that the custom league default is 5 min periods (needs to be changed, imo). When the first season was over, I changed it to 20 and the results were much more realistic.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:10 AM   #30
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Just woke up and there it was .... will test it and report .... Merci

Edit : Well just started a new game with the Canadiens, and Danny Briere is on farm team Hamilton. The problem is that he's got a "No Movement Clause" so i can't recall him to the Canadiens . My guess is that with this patch the enforcer's importance being reworked, Parros took "his place" in the roster ..... I want both !!!!! Well i guess i'll have to trade Briere as i can't have him in the farm team 's roster with a caphit of 3 000 000 loooooooool

Another minor bug is that when looking at "Unsigned Draftees" you can't sort them by position ^^ (there ain't many but anyhow)

I will continue and report !!

Last edited by lorreporre; 10-02-2013 at 07:55 AM.
lorreporre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #31
glb2687
Minors (Single A)

Same here...game looks great with the new additions...however same problem with Escape...also I know it seems minor but I am doing a sim in the English Premier League and it says in the play-by-play in the game start that attendance is only 38, but if you look at the league stats attendance is like 380. Just thought I would point it out. Game seems faster and has not crashed yet. Had to stop on last patch because it crashed at the end of the season. Have not made it that far yet this time
glb2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #32
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

Great job guys! This patch looks very promising and everything is running smoothly. Keep up good work
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #33
lorreporre
Minors (Double A)

Doyle Somerby 13 years old US High school player is listed under the Islanders unsigned player ("Islanders rights" in trade screen) ^^ that must be wrong right
Old 10-02-2013, 08:24 AM   #34
Mordrehl
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
57. Power play units now include one defenceman spot and one "point" spot, which a player of any position can be used in with no penalty.

Thank you VERY much for the early patch ... I can only guess it was released as a "beta" patch to appease the unwashed masses (I be one of them heh)

Question regarding this one ... I see the D and P labelled as such, is the P (Point) position coded such that it's the shooting portion of the D pairing?
Mordrehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #35
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Maybe should have broken List into 2 sections because I don't see any Additions and turn on like League Structure is not Addition.

Know Briere being in Hamilton ment he must have cleared Waviers.

The Start date is it know 10-1?

You should be able to have Fictional League in a Historcial League if you can have both screens working at same time becuase then like 79 Blues could Trade Mike Luit to the Orlando Storm for Bob Smith,Tom Johnson,Jean Roberts.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #36
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

The contracts must be adjusted. There is no way that a prospect who's just about to run out of his NHL entry level contract, would sign a 5 year deal worth 800k a year. This also makes the salary floor hard to reach, since you can sign almost anyone for price of a paper weight...
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #37
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

18. HNN fixed and restored to game.

I assume this means the Hockey News Network but for whatever reason I am still not getting any news items in it.
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #38
Mike's Rangers
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Don't see any difference from original game. Changes made and saved notably the salary cap don't work. Stopped playing. Waiting for next update. Id rather not set everything up. I'll wait. You guys are good. It just takes time. Back to OOTP14 and EHM.
Mike's Rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #39
Aliean
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike's Rangers View Post
Don't see any difference from original game. Changes made and saved notably the salary cap don't work. Stopped playing. Waiting for next update. Id rather not set everything up. I'll wait. You guys are good. It just takes time. Back to OOTP14 and EHM.
salary cap is working no idea where u got that from
Aliean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #40
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

salary cap is working just fine.
Parker27 is offline   Reply With Quote