Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

FHM Beta Patch 1.2.10 Now Available

The beta version of our second post-release patch, Version 1.2.10, is now available. We've tested and verified that the majority of the fixes are working correctly, but there are some things that can't be tested aside from playing the game and waiting for them to happen (or not.) So, rather than going directly to the release version of the patch, as we've done previously, we're releasing this version as a beta patch so anyone who wants to try it out can download it now and help us get a little more feedback on those fixes before we put out the official version of the second patch, likely in about a week.

The database in this update is also a couple of weeks old, to avoid introducing new problems there; we'll be testing new data this week internally and the final patch will include a more up-to-date version. That version will also be the "frozen" quickstart that will be included alongside future database updates, so in the future you'll have the option of starting with the rosters that are accurate as of NHL opening night, or the more up-to-date versions we'll be releasing through the trading deadline in February.

You can download the new patch at:

(PC) FHM - Update 1.2.10
(Mac) FHM - Update 1.2.10

PC Installation instructions: After you download the file just install it over your existing game (you don't need to uninstall the old version first.) Make sure to select the correct path to your game if needed.
Mac Installation instructions: After you download the .dmg file, open it, move the fhm.app file to your applications folder and copy over the old version.

After installation, the game should display "Version 1.2.10" at the bottom of the statup screen; if it shows a different build number, you'll need to re-download and reinstall (and before doing so, make sure the update file you downloaded has been deleted and your browser cache cleared.)

Note that if you decide to uninstall and reinstall, you should first release one of your licenses via Preferences-License on the start screen.

Saves from earlier versions are compatible with this version, but to get the best results from the patch, starting a new game is strongly recommended. If you continue an earlier save and have problems, please let us know that when you report the issue.

Changes/Fixes/Additions:

1. Never-ending penalties fixed.
2. Crash when offering trade involving draft picks while in historical mode fixed.
3. AI teams should no longer skip draft picks when their protected list is full.
4. Tactics are now saved when user exits game and restarts.
5. AI no longer makes cap-reduction moves for user's team if he doesn't have all "assistant" options off.
6. Player no longer occasionally prevented from signing free agents despite being below payroll.
7. Payroll in custom games should now match salary obligations properly.
8. Playoff games no longer scheduled on back-to-back days.
9. AI now allots time to 3rd PK unit and uses special-teams icetime percentages properly.
10. Shutout leaders now sorted properly, instead of alphabetically.
11. Faceoff leaders now sorted correctly (by percentage, with minimum qualifiers)
12. IR players now counted when checking to see if team is above cap floor.
13. When negotiating salary for free agents, NHL-caliber players will initially expect NHL-caliber wages even when signing in other leagues.
14. Players will sign ask for more or less if they are signing outside/inside their home continent.
15. No more multiple responses after a trade is rejected.
16. No more invalid database error when attempting to launch a quickstart.
17. Expansion teams in historical mode now start with 0-0-0 history instead of all-time total.
18. HNN fixed and restored to game.
19. Overtime penalties now displayed in OT period in boxscore, instead of third period.
20. Injury settings now split between game and practice, both levels editable.
21. Under-20 players whose major junior rights are owned but are contracted to NHL teams can no longer be sent to AHL.
22. No longer possible to type in play-by-play box during games.
23. Nicknames and preferred number now cleared properly when fictionalizing players for custom games.
24. Installer no longer overwrites custom logos.
25. Incorrect schedules no longer used in certain leagues/years.
26. In-game mode now includes buttons to advance to end of period or game.
27. In-game mode now allows choice of player, shot, or stats view.
28. Custom mode games now allow a proper budget for staff.
29. Contract values in custom games no longer have higher values for minor league salary.
30. Player stats now generated properly in all non-playable leagues.
31. Amateur draft in custom games no longer forces user to choose goalies first.
32. When trying to sign players who would exceed foreigner limits, popup now specifies the exact problem, rather than just saying there are too many active players.
33. Clicking on "report" in in-game view should no longer result in crash.
34. Lineups should now update properly when using the in-game stats screen.
35. Norwegian teams should now obey foreign player limits.
36. User's trade window should no longer occasionally default to a different team, making trading impossible.
37. AI should no longer trade away players when using "CPU Finish Draft" in the initial custom league draft.
38. Crash involving duplicated waiver status fixed.
39. Crash in season changeover from 1978 to 1979 fixed.
40. KHL trading deadline now works properly.
41. Loophole allowing foreign player limits to be exceeded by using reserve list fixed.
42. KHL teams no longer get young placeholder players to fill prospect spots at startup.
43. Multi-year contracts in French leagues now set correctly at startup.
44. Skater stats 2 screen now sorts correctly for Faceoffs, Takeaways, Giveaways, and Shootout Goals.
45. Teams in custom leagues with divisions but no conferences now get assigned minor league teams correctly.
46. Addition value bonus for enforcer players now cannot make player's value higher than 7.0.
47. Player portraits now aligned correctly on leaders pages.
48. German league should no longer occasionally schedule multiple playoff games for a team on the same day.
49. Skill penalties for out-of-position players increased.
50. Position ratings should now change properly with playing experience at that position.
51. Position ratings for players in nonplayable leagues should see some random increases.
52. Player mental improvement now stops after a certain (variable) age.
53. Goalie fatigue system adjusted to allow one player to start all the time in playoffs and in early historical seasons.
54. 1-10 value system now used more extensively by AI, particularly in roster/lineup decisions.
55. More attributes affected by aging, should significantly cut down number of players remaining effective into their 40's.
56. Shooting range and accuracy adjusted for forwards and defencemen playing out of position.
57. Power play units now include one defenceman spot and one "point" spot, which a player of any position can be used in with no penalty.
58. Assignment of fighting majors adjusted, enforcers should fight more often and regular players less.

If you find any instances of these fixes or changes not working properly, please report it in this thread and specifically mention (by number) which one you're referring to. There's no need to re-report bugs that are not mentioned as being fixed in the above list; if you've posted them in the bug report thread already, they'll be in our tracking database.

Last edited by JeffR; 10-01-2013 at 01:50 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Thanks JeffR & OOTP Team
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

Damn! A new patch out of nowhere. I can't wait to test it out, thanks.
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
bob
Minors (Double A)

thank you very much jeff . im with you guys and i know its hard sometime with customer but i know you want to did the best game possible
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
mking55
All Star Starter

Sorry guys, it's too buggy to play. I put a few of the bugs in the beta bug report and once I hit a show-stopper instead of just annoyances, I had to stop playing because once there is a major bug, everything else is invalidated (IMHO).

Thanks.
mking55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Penalty timer still freezes.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #7
Särås
Minors (Single A)

I download and pray!

Car maniac and hockey enthusiast...
Särås is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

In-Game feels better. I like the different views and the sim to end of period is great to have!
Old 10-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
Särås
Minors (Single A)

Love to see that äåöøæ and so on works on my Mac!

But see that it´s still little buggy on the staff ratings (just possible to edit 1-9 in commissioner mode) and some of the staff have up to 19 ratings...
So guess that´s something that need to be fixed?

Going to play the game for some hours now and see what more I find!
Thanks!

Old 10-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #10
bob
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Särås View Post
Love to see that äåöøæ and so on works on my Mac!

But see that it´s still little buggy on the staff ratings (just possible to edit 1-9 in commissioner mode) and some of the staff have up to 19 ratings...
So guess that´s something that need to be fixed?

Going to play the game for some hours now and see what more I find!
Thanks!
sorry for my english beause im french .. but they dont have rated yet ....
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
batdad
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Saves from earlier versions are compatible with this version, but to get the best results from the patch, starting a new game is strongly recommended. If you continue an earlier save and have problems, please let us know that when you report the issue.

So...should be able to continue save game...and as long as I sim and do not go into the in-game mode this is correct. However, touch anything in in game mode and the game crashes in the beta version of 1.2 build 10.

Oh well...back to EHM for awhile.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
Särås
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
sorry for my english beause im french .. but they dont have rated yet ....
But not possible to edit personal/staff higher then 9... And a lot of staff still have much higher ratings... So ok that they are not correct, thats all ok!
But could be fun to adjust the attribute on staff to higher then 9...

Old 10-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #13
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

My game has split into two screens. When I closed the game previously,I was forming a Custom League,but decided not too continue. When I turned the game back on I started playing an 1913-14 NHL game. So right now on one screen I've got the custom league set-up and on the other screen I have an active NHL game with both screens working. I had this happen before ,but only one of the screens would work. This time both are working.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:58 PM   #14
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

NHL Entry Draft Preview showing up on "General Messages" instead of "Hockey News Network"

This is just a minor bug and nothing gamebreaking, it'd be great if you could patch it for next week thought. =]

Here is an image: http://i.imgur.com/D3hHIvW.png
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #15
batdad
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdad View Post
So...should be able to continue save game...and as long as I sim and do not go into the in-game mode this is correct. However, touch anything in in game mode and the game crashes in the beta version of 1.2 build 10.

Oh well...back to EHM for awhile.

3rd time I downloaded the patch...got it to work right.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #16
astroman34
Bat Boy

I started continuing my WHL season and the same thing is happening. There is about 20 trade proposals that were denied. Most of them are sending nothing for nothing; others are sending a player over for nothing.

Should I re-start my season?
astroman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #17
Ciccarelli
Major Leagues

Looks like a bit has been done (as expected). Nice surprise, though.

Time for more experimentation...
Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Still no fix to the home/away disadvantage?
gmerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #19
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Badda Bing badda boom!!!! Patch!!! YeHAWWWW~!!!!!
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #20
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

thanks for the update.

Joe Average looks just like Jeff

Something I hope to see if young prospects handled differently. They should be sent to the minors or junior and not stay in the NHL and be a healthy scratch for half the season.

Is anyone else able to stop simulating by pressing ESC after this update? It's not working for me...

EDIT: Love the draft pick deadline in the screen now. Great addition but the dates are incorrect.

Last edited by dave1927p; 10-01-2013 at 08:06 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote