Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #41
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I feel a little ashamed but I've been refreshing the forum for the past two hours wishing to see the new Stickied Update thread
Nothing to be ashamed about. Where is that damn patch? lol............................................... .....Z
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #42
Zyllyx
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Nothing to be ashamed about. Where is that damn patch? lol............................................... .....Z
One more thing about EHM andZOMG THE PATCH IS OUT GO DOWNLOAD IT NOW NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!

Zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:17 AM   #43
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I have to say that this patch has help a lot, great job guys. Love this company. Starting to love the game again too
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #44
telamiina
Bat Boy

I think comparing FHM to EHM series is only natural. So far EHM series is only game that we can compare FHM.

I was thinking that is FHM made with same engine as these baseball games?
That would explain lack of tactics. Not sure but I have a feeling that baseball is quite simple game to simulate.

I think FHM should have been in beta for another year, Its still an "early access game" and should still have an BETA or even ALPHA status.

Just my feeling about game, please don't take it personally.
telamiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #45
fireholder
Minors (Double A)

Comparing EHM07 to FHM14 makes sense on some levels. It doesn't make sense on others.

Like comparing the Wii's Water Warfare with Xbox's Halo 3 wouldn't have made sense. Both are first person shooters with similar multiplayer mechanics (run around, better guns are scattered throughout the map, eliminate enemies), but the difference in budgeting and development teams is astronomical.

Sure, you can prefer one ("God, I'd rather just play Halo than this **** game"), but to honestly, holistically compare the two you'd really need to get pretty into it, and that's just excess work no one needs.

The "better" game is the one with the superior end result, but to compare games you have to compare which one is more impressive, too. And that means figuring out some kind of subjective rating for the game and determining the ratio for end experience while considering budget, development crew size, and total developmental hours. And in the end you'll get a number that's somewhat interesting, but doesn't really mean anything.

All major games have glitches, bugs, and exploits.

FHM has a great platform to grow from. I am also "a little disappointed" with the game. But being informed consumers makes us better consumers.

Whether or not I buy NHL14, NHL15 is going to happen. EA Sports doesn't care. With a game in its infancy like FHM, I'm sure OOTP Developments gets a lot more out of each purchase. And this is the only suitable game in the genre. Unlike major console games, we're supporting the fact that without us buying this game, it'd die and we'd have nothing.

So by all means, let's be annoyed, disappointed, and let's slam our fists into our desks in momentary rage when the game crashes on us. I'm right there with everyone else.

Plenty of games wind up unplayable on release. I wouldn't say FHM was unplayable, just that many of the options that should have worked caused crashes, so you it was playable, just in a more restricted sense. Halo adds and removes game modes and changes the guns. EA's NHL Series makes patches for cheese goals (and yet, there's still some prevalent ones) and make tuner after tuner.

My take is this:

EHM2007 allowed almost no customization at all. Most league rules were wrong or highly simplified. It was unplayable on release (until patch #4), but more of its issues were bugs, not crashes. Long-term the game was incredibly easy to exploit and ridiculously flawed.

Many options in FHM aren't enabled yet, but it still allows a ton of customization. Issues are being fixed, it's "unplayableness" is already starting to subside. We'll see long-term development that will give us a game with many more options and much more depth than EHM.

FHM looks awful and juvenile compared to EHM. FHM has more bugs on launch than EHM. FHM has infinitely more options and ways to play that EHM. FHM already has more leagues than EHM (which I thought had a lot to be honest). FHM is way less stable than EHM.

Tit for tat the only game capable of getting better is FHM. EHM is like Shane Doan, a good run exceeding some longevity expectations maybe () and definitely something to look back on as great. FHM is like a much younger player... maybe not quite Landeskog, but someone who it's a little hard to compare but you'd still say Doan is better. But you know that young guy will definitely wind up better in the long run.

TAKE THAT FOR A LONG POST

TBN's FHM Forum
TBN's FHM Downloads - coming soon
fireholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #46
sprague
All Star Starter

and some great young potential stars, in their first pro season trip accidently, fall head first into the boards, get a concussion, and have to retire after just 22 games

just because something has potential don't assume it gets reached until it does,
there have been lots of first round busts
no telling yet how this will go. this player was rushed into the show too quick, needed another year of development in the minors.
we will see
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #47
fireholder
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
and some great young potential stars, in their first pro season trip accidently, fall head first into the boards, get a concussion, and have to retire after just 22 games

just because something has potential don't assume it gets reached until it does,
there have been lots of first round busts
no telling yet how this will go. this player was rushed into the show too quick, needed another year of development in the minors.
we will see
it was not exactly a genuine analogy

TBN's FHM Forum
Old 09-08-2013, 10:37 AM   #48
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireholder View Post
it was not exactly a genuine analogy
actually was valuable and helped with mine
the game's supporters tend to see the great porential of the game
it has
but assume it will automatically reach it because ootp did
that's not necessarily true

they made an error rushing the game out on sept 3, when they could have kept it in its beta play state for 2-3 months longer, and had only minor complaints- the game still would be there
but by putting out a product to the public (ie bigger than the ootp community) then they will be judged on the product produced

this forum is mostly ootp players hence a lot of supporters, but how will those buyers outside the community feel about the product. what is their expectation for the $40. that's very different than an ootp beta tester, and they are where the long term viability of the game will lie

i am a supporter of ootp, just think things were rushed, and that could be a problem long term- hence the draft analogy
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #49
fireholder
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
actually was valuable and helped with mine
the game's supporters tend to see the great porential of the game
it has
but assume it will automatically reach it because ootp did
that's not necessarily true

they made an error rushing the game out on sept 3, when they could have kept it in its beta play state for 2-3 months longer, and had only minor complaints- the game still would be there
but by putting out a product to the public (ie bigger than the ootp community) then they will be judged on the product produced

this forum is mostly ootp players hence a lot of supporters, but how will those buyers outside the community feel about the product. what is their expectation for the $40. that's very different than an ootp beta tester, and they are where the long term viability of the game will lie

i am a supporter of ootp, just think things were rushed, and that could be a problem long term- hence the draft analogy
it isn't necessarily true, but the game isn't going to get worse. we know these developers and their capabilities and their history. it is infinitely unlikely that the FHM series won't improve -- they've already assured at least one more installment in the series and continued development.

since fixes are coming out quickly i don't think things were really too rushed in the grand scheme of things. they already pushed the game back 9 months, while you or i may not have been boiling over another month or two, that can't be said for the rest of our community

TBN's FHM Forum
Old 09-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #50
dmytron

In ten years you (all of you) will be posting on Facebook and on your bumpers this message:

"I bought FHM before it was cool and bug-free"
Old 09-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #51
spitfire
All Star Reserve

Quote:
they made an error rushing the game out on sept 3, when they could have kept it in its beta play state for 2-3 months longer, and had only minor complaints
Have to agree with this. If nothing else, they might well have opted to give themselves another solid month to work on the game and gone for an initial release to coincide with the start of the regular season, not training camp.

My feeling from reading the various posts in the forum for the last number of months is that the game was rather ambitious for an initial release. It would have been hard enough producing a game that simulated the NHL's modern-day environment and nothing else. By attempting to include international leagues, various game modes etc., the designers were really asking a lot of themselves. I think they underestimated the enormity of the task they'd taken on. Certainly the game has potential, but it's going to need a lot of work to realize that potential. Now that FHM has left beta status behind (in name if not quite in fact), the expectations of many newer users will be for a fully functional, working product that performs pretty much as advertised. I'd expect the designers to work hard on making the game playable and that's what they're doing. Long way to go though. I look forward to seeing what this game will be like once it's working the way Jeff and company intended it to.
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #52
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmytron View Post
In ten years you (all of you) will be posting on Facebook and on your bumpers this message:

"I bought FHM before it was cool and bug-free"
Yes, absolutely!

"I remember the good old days where I could sign NHL FAs in the UK lower leagues and coaching the Blues would cause a crash"
Old 09-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #53
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

its pretty pathetic when you can't even get past oct 14 in the first season because it crashes.Gotta love not even being able to discuss a trade when some other gm offers a trade,tried to disuss 5 times and it crashed evrytime sure glad I have version 1.03 lol what a joke.they really should not of released this game to the public until it was much more stable.the fact that there is still so much wrong with it even with all the patches is ridiculous.when I used to buy cm and later fm they would have a couple crashes but have a patch right away that pretty fixed them all yet with this game its like we are all beta testers yet its been released to the public.Then they will wonder why the sales are no good like come on.i really want a game like this have been waiting since ehm that's why I bought it but if this is how they put out a game they won't even last as long as ehm.i sure hope the next patch fixes absoloutly everything
JustBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #54
fireholder
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazin View Post
its pretty pathetic when you can't even get past oct 14 in the first season because it crashes.Gotta love not even being able to discuss a trade when some other gm offers a trade,tried to disuss 5 times and it crashed evrytime sure glad I have version 1.03 lol what a joke.they really should not of released this game to the public until it was much more stable.the fact that there is still so much wrong with it even with all the patches is ridiculous.when I used to buy cm and later fm they would have a couple crashes but have a patch right away that pretty fixed them all yet with this game its like we are all beta testers yet its been released to the public.Then they will wonder why the sales are no good like come on.i really want a game like this have been waiting since ehm that's why I bought it but if this is how they put out a game they won't even last as long as ehm.i sure hope the next patch fixes absoloutly everything
lol

the patch was released 4 days after initial game release. i do not see how that contrasts with cm or fm's "right away" but kudos anyhow

TBN's FHM Forum
Old 09-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #55
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireholder View Post
lol

the patch was released 4 days after initial game release. i do not see how that contrasts with cm or fm's "right away" but kudos anyhow
hmmm lets see it still crashes all the time haven't even got past oct 14 thats a quality patch there,whereas they have a patch out day of release that fixes all the crashes unlike this one that came out 4 days after release that fixes like 10 % of the problems

Last edited by JustBlazin; 09-08-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #56
dmytron

Quote:
What all CM fans were waiting for, however, was Championship Manager 4. Released on March 28, 2003, CM4 broke all records on its release becoming, at that time, the fastest-selling PC game ever on its first day of release. By now its fame was international; encompassing fans via online communities and buy-in through the additional leagues in the game. CM4 included thirty-nine playable leagues, plus four more in its update, CM03/04. On the gameplay side, a top-down view of the match engine was included for the first time, a significant shift from the "imagination" philosophy championed by Sports Interactive previously.
Despite its high sales, CM4 was generally not well received by hardcore fans for several reasons. The game ran quite slowly on computers which had previously had no difficulty in running CM games (a common issue with software). The original release contained some functional bugs which in some cases rendered the game farcical - the score in matches could randomly change and lower division clubs were able to sign superstars with ease. In one bug, non-league club Northwich Victoria would move to a stadium with a capacity of 850,000. Sports Interactive also irritated some fans with the euphemistic term "Enhancement Packs" used to describe what were essentially patches to fix the bugs in the original release. This term was dropped for future releases.
Got the information from Wikipedia
Old 09-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #57
fireholder
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBlazin View Post
hmmm lets see it still crashes all the time haven't even got past oct 14 thats a quality patch there,whereas they have a patch out day of release that fixes all the crashes unlike this one that came out 4 days after release that fixes like 10 % of the problems
congrats on the cynicism and sarcasm

but i havent heard or experienced this oct 14th bug, which means it isn't widespread. have you reported it through the proper channels including some of your computer specs, operating system, and mode of play (custom, traditional, or historical)?

TBN's FHM Forum
Old 09-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #58
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

well none of that stuff happened to me but I do recall one version having crashes was probably that version but it was fixed with the first patch unlike fhm that fixes what maybe 10% of the problems.come on you cant say they didn S..t the bed with this release they should have done a ton more testing instead of having all there customers do all the testing after release
Old 09-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #59
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

well its whenerver I try and discuss a trade when a gm offers to trade.my point is we are not employed by ootp they should have had all this stuff already fixed before they let the public pay money for it.instead of having us all pay money to be there beta tester
Old 09-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #60
JustBlazin
Minors (Single A)

so I rejected trade just to get by that date now I have a player on injured reserve who is healthy now and everytime I click on name to take him off injured reserve it crashes.so according to you guys I should pay 40 bucks for a game and instaed of playing the game i should spend my time writing to developers telling them whats wrong with there game?really isn't that what i just payed the 40 bucks for.I or none of you are on there pay roll so why should i do there job for them,if i wanted to do work i would go to work and make money,not pay my work 40 bucks so i can work for free.look i love games like this and this game does have lots of potential all i am saying is they really s..t the bed by releasing it with way to many bugs and not enough testing.i really just hope they get it all figured out before they scare away all there customers,because the market really needs a game like this we have waited long enough i am sure we all would have waited a while longer for them to put it out the right way