Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #81
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
thanks Jeff, Does this include the custom league crash that will not let the game go beyond June 30th?...................................Z
I think so; we know what the problem is (the draft rules data for background leagues not getting copied properly during custom setup); it's among the fixes we're testing today.

Edit: just finished checking, my test season went into July with no problems, and continued fine after that. Need to check how it works with draft and/or playoffs enabled, but so far, so good.

Last edited by JeffR; 09-06-2013 at 05:21 PM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #82
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Patch Progress Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We've fixed some more problems, but aren't happy with the stability in today's build, so we're going to do some more work and testing and try for a Saturday release. Sebastian's cancelled the trip to Berlin he'd had planned for the weekend, and I'm going to skip driving down to Penticton to see the Canucks-Flames rookie game tonight.

We're trying to get rid of all the game-killers (crashes and things that make it impossible to progress) with this patch, as well as some issues that don't require a lot of testing to confirm if they're fixed. Significant alterations to systems like free agency will require a longer testing run - I've got the changes drawn up to keep North American players from signing in Europe so cheaply, for example, but it'd be a bad idea to drop them in now in the midst of the other changes, with a day or less of testing to observe the AI behaviour and the complicating factor of other changes that may alter it. We've learned our lesson from release about trying to cram complex changes like that in at the last minute.

Mac display issues will probably be a second-patch item as well - there are a few of them, they're varied, and in some cases difficult to get to occur on command, so it'll make more sense to tackle those as a group and make sure it's all working properly together, rather than fixing one thing and breaking another, or making a different existing problem worse.
Ok. Looks like next patch I'll give the game another shot. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #83
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think so; we know what the problem is (the draft rules data for background leagues not getting copied properly during custom setup); it's among the fixes we're testing today.
Thanks Jeff............................Z
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:57 PM   #84
cdidman
Minors (Single A)

2 things

You might have these covered.
1) Editing a coach, it says 0-9 are the rating, but other coaches can go to 20 I believe. Not sure if that's a bug or not, but that should be changed.

2) Custom league, I clicked CPU Finish Draft and it freezes up. I think that's covered, but I wanted to put this out there again.

Thank you.
cdidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #85
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdidman View Post

2) Custom league, I clicked CPU Finish Draft and it freezes up. I think that's covered, but I wanted to put this out there again.

Thank you.
This actually works now. It just takes awhile and appears to freeze up. Try it again and let it run for a couple of minutes and you will see............................................... ....Z
Old 09-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #86
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

are RFA rights added in properly for this patch?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #87
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Edit: just finished checking, my test season went into July with no problems, and continued fine after that. Need to check how it works with draft and/or playoffs enabled, but so far, so good.
WONDERFUL, Thank you Jeff.............................................. ..Z
Old 09-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #88
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Today (hopefully) is the day this game takes a step in the direction of greatness!
gmerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #89
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmerger View Post
Today (hopefully) is the day this game takes a step in the direction of greatness!
If the penalty timer freezing up is fixed.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #90
ChrisDanger
Bat Boy

Patch being released today?
ChrisDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #91
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDanger View Post
Patch being released today?
Yeah it is supposed to be released today. Cant wait! I play NHL 14 Early Access while i wait.
Swedishgamefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #92
Tackledummy1505
Bat Boy

MAC crashes, need patch

I was wondering if there was a patch for the MAC side of FHM for all of the crashes? I can't even get through the first game of the season without my game crashing. I can't trade and I can't even view Colorado's team without my game crashing. This has been frustrating since I have your baseball game and it runs without a hitch and hockey is my favorite sport, yet I can't even play the game without it just crashing and asking me to reopen the game. If there is a patch i can download can you direct me to it or if there is something else wrong i would be much oblige to the help. Thank you and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Anthony Pasquarella
Tackledummy1505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #93
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishgamefreak View Post
Yeah it is supposed to be released today. Cant wait! I play NHL 14 Early Access while i wait.
NHL 14 only gets me frustrated. They've stopped trying in dynasty and be a pro mode or now the "all new" [god, i'm sick of hearing that] Live the Life Mode. EA makes me sick. The actual gameplay is fun, but all the other offline modes are weak.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #94
bsimons77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
NHL 14 only gets me frustrated. They've stopped trying in dynasty and be a pro mode or now the "all new" [god, i'm sick of hearing that] Live the Life Mode. EA makes me sick. The actual gameplay is fun, but all the other offline modes are weak.
I don't even play it anymore. Stick to hockey sims on the computer now!
bsimons77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #95
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsimons77 View Post
I don't even play it anymore. Stick to hockey sims on the computer now!
Haha yeah i will. When FHM gets more "stronger". It crashes a lot and there are some bugs that makes the game unplayable. But hopefully the patch will fix many of those things. =)
Old 09-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #96
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
They have fixed a lot for those modes, but it cant be compared to other hockey sims like EHM and FHM.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #97
Swedishgamefreak
Minors (Double A)

When will the patch be released? Hopefully soon.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #98
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedishgamefreak View Post
When will the patch be released? Hopefully soon.
I hope so too, I'm itching for some hockey. :/
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #99
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPain View Post
I hope so too, I'm itching for some hockey. :/
Keep you in the mood... Stompin Tom Connors: The Hockey Song - YouTube
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #100
bsimons77
Minors (Rookie Ball)

While waiting for the patch

Playing the 73-74 Bruins season, watching college football and sipping some Yuengling...not a bad way to kill a Saturday!
bsimons77 is offline   Reply With Quote