Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #61
Afino
Hall Of Famer

"Build 69, it's hilarious!"

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #62
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
but there must be reasons for dong it this way.
Basically, a handful of people complained.

From what I remember, it didn't appear to be in their plans when the beta first launched. But a vocal minority were quite upset about this and expressed how essential it is that an OOTP game have historic and custom leagues.

Then, with what some may consider a hasty decision, the devs. got to work on adding these two aspects to the game.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #63
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
From what I remember, it didn't appear to be in their plans when the beta first launched. But a vocal minority were quite upset about this and expressed how essential it is that an OOTP game have historic and custom leagues.

Then, with what some may consider a hasty decision, the devs. got to work on adding these two aspects to the game.
I thought historical mode was pretty much always part of things (first references from developers go back over a year...it was in the pre-beta game as far back as July 2012...the very first development diary a year ago was on the historical mode http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ical-play.html...historical mode was in the initial March beta release)

I'm not sure how far back fantasy/fictional mode goes, but it wasn't in the beta release in March, and I don't recall any developer posts about it before it was suddenly added to the beta last month (seemingly in response to the vocal minority)
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #64
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Why are the club name in the DEL no longer correct? Rights issue?

edit: Ahhh .....All right, the problem was identified and resolved.

Last edited by djskek; 09-01-2013 at 12:30 PM.
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #65
Stinson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
I thought historical mode was pretty much always part of things (first references from developers go back over a year...it was in the pre-beta game as far back as July 2012...the very first development diary a year ago was on the historical mode http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ical-play.html...historical mode was in the initial March beta release)

I'm not sure how far back fantasy/fictional mode goes, but it wasn't in the beta release in March, and I don't recall any developer posts about it before it was suddenly added to the beta last month (seemingly in response to the vocal minority)
It appears you're right; historical mode was also mentioned on the initial(?) feature list: FHM Feature list discussion

Fictional leagues, though, definitely appear to be a case of "damage control", with this inquiry from Sebastian coming out the same day as the feature list.
Stinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 03:43 PM   #66
rickrbs
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Just out of curiosity... what leagues do you have turned on?
Just American (NHL, EHL, etc.)
rickrbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #67
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinson View Post
It appears you're right; historical mode was also mentioned on the initial(?) feature list: FHM Feature list discussion

Fictional leagues, though, definitely appear to be a case of "damage control", with this inquiry from Sebastian coming out the same day as the feature list.
yes, as far back as I can remember historical play was always planned. Fictional mode was certainly newly added based on demand. I wouldn't call it a small minority however. It did appear that many people were interested in it at the time - at the same time people also didn't know how much more work was needed on the game. I'm not sure how much of the developers time it took up in adding but certainly in hindsight it would of been better to save for the second version, at that point it probably could of been much deeper mode as well.

Either way, no point in going back to that now. hindsight is always more clear. It does tell us that the devs want to make their customers happy and that gives me a lot of comfort. I have no doubt all the bugs will be worked out in the first version. Just not within the next week or even month but they won't move on until it is. And that I respect. And when things are up to par, there will most definitely be people grateful for them adding in fictional mode even if it is quite basic for the first version.

Last edited by dave1927p; 09-01-2013 at 04:13 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #68
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

Version 0.9.69 game

I haven't been playing the game too much simply because this game is still full of bugs and glitches. I refuse to play a game that is broken. The developers need to focus on fixing these problems with the game before releasing it. This game is far from being ready for release and I seen these crashes that you people are seeing because I get them at certain times as well. The latest build is not even close to being close to being done.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #69
Oren Djoos
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just started a historical league in 2005. The contracts for many players are way off. I understand it might not be easy to find them going back many decades, but they're pretty important for realism in the cap era.

Beyond that, I had the first game TOR-OTT go 7-6 in a shootout... okay, fine. But I saw afterwards that they had Havlat, Smolinski and Eaves on the reserve list. Reason was that they're paying $10M each for Chara and Alfredsson. Alfie has 19 or 20 in every skating attribute, and 19 in every offensive attribute. Really? Chara has 19-23 (!??!) for defensive attributes, 21 puckhandling, 22 shooting range... Their abilities are 11 and 11.5 respectively... looking around the league, Pavel Datsyuk is a 12.5, but Crosby and Malkin are only 10 and 9.5.

What's going on here? The salaries and ratings don't make sense. Datsyuk is a top 10 player, sure, but 12.5?? Joe Thornton put up just as many points and he's only 10.5. Patrice Bergeron is an 11 for some reason.

Also, what's the point of a 10-point scale for potential and a 20-point one for ratings if so many players are going to get ratings above 10 and 20?

Last edited by Oren Djoos; 09-01-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Oren Djoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:48 AM   #70
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

please add in minimum games requirement for awards. I'm getting sick of seeing goalies who play under 40 games win the vezina trophy.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:53 AM   #71
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

"John Smith" was injured this morning during practice. Good lord the injuries is something that needs to be reworked... I feel like 90% of them are during practice. The duration of all injuries needs to be re-looked. Players never seem to just miss a game or so but out for weeks upon weeks. Need some more "minor" injuries...

In another thread I posted about the email/news notifications. These need quite a bit of re-work. I miss out on quite a bit due to this

I got faith this game will become the cats meow sooner then later though!!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:48 AM   #72
Dyll
Bat Boy

Sv: Version 0.9.69 Game Update Now Available (PC and Mac)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren Djoos View Post
Beyond that, I had the first game TOR-OTT go 7-6 in a shootout... okay, fine. But I saw afterwards that they had Havlat, Smolinski and Eaves on the reserve list. Reason was that they're paying $10M each for Chara and Alfredsson. Alfie has 19 or 20 in every skating attribute, and 19 in every offensive attribute. Really? Chara has 19-23 (!??!) for defensive attributes, 21 puckhandling, 22 shooting range... Their abilities are 11 and 11.5 respectively... looking around the league, Pavel Datsyuk is a 12.5, but Crosby and Malkin are only 10 and 9.5.

What's going on here? The salaries and ratings don't make sense. Datsyuk is a top 10 player, sure, but 12.5?? Joe Thornton put up just as many points and he's only 10.5. Patrice Bergeron is an 11 for some reason.
Yeah it is weird. Start a new game and you will see different ratings, as I have been told it is how your scouting team rates the players?

Lindros, for an example, always has a low potential. He has 7,5 in my 1992 game...
Dyll is offline   Reply With Quote