Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Version 0.9.69 Game Update Now Available (PC and Mac)

In addition to getting the Mac version activation working properly, we also fixed a crash bug and the problem with historical starts after 1951 not working, so there's a new PC version as well. PC saves started yesterday are compatible with this version, so you can just continue normally after updating.

You can download the new versions at:

(PC) FHM - Update 0.9.69
(Mac) FHM - Update 0.9.69

PC Installation instructions: After you download the file just install it over your existing game (you don't need to uninstall the old version first.) Make sure to select the correct path to your game if needed.
Mac Installation instructions: After you download the .dmg file, open it, move the fhm.app file to your applications folder and copy over the old version.

After installation, the game should display "Version 0.9, BETA Build 69" at the bottom of the statup screen; if it shows a different build number, you'll need to re-download and reinstall (and before doing so, make sure the update file you downloaded has been deleted and your browser cache cleared.)

Note that if you decide to uninstall and reinstall, you should first release one of your licenses via Preferences-License on the start screen.

Saves from versions prior to 0.9.68 are not compatible with this version.

See the previous build's thread for details of the 0.9.68 changes.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Any chance that the playoff problem in the custom leagues will be updated?
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #3
kylekez
Bat Boy

I've been having an issue where my game crashes when I apply for a job.

Has this been happening to anyone else?
kylekez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #4
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Started a random historical season (1999-2000) to test it out, and it appears AI trading in historical mode has been added?

Wait, why is Mario Lemieux playing in the NHL during the 1999-2000 season and why did Pittsburgh just deal him to Ottawa for Martin Havlat?

Awful trades going on right now. I'm seeing like 7-for-1 swaps..Poor Ron Tugnutt has been traded 3 times in 2 months, and Washington just offered to trade "nothing" to me for Mike O'Neill..no thanks lol.

edit: 2nd time now a team offers me an trade with nothing coming back my way..

I will say though, although work still needs to be done, the game has definitely improved from the early beta days.

Last edited by Habsfan18; 08-28-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

The trades are a little sketchy.

Nathan Horton in 1 weeks time, went from Columbus, to Nashville, then off to Calgary.
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
AnthonyG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I liked the old ratings better because in the old rating defense wasn't so much of a factor dont get me wrong defense is important but come on its not important enough to make that player bad. In hockey if u are a forward ur forward rating should out weigh ur defense. For example Phaneuf a 9.5 he isn't better than Kessel or Lupul and in the KHL Zherdev is one of the best players in the league y the hell is he a 6.5 and don't say that his defense is bad i know that but his offense makes him a star same thing with Zaborsky.

Please respond Jeff R this problem must be dealt with can u please try to change it
AnthonyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
I liked the old ratings better because in the old rating defense wasn't so much of a factor dont get me wrong defense is important but come on its not important enough to make that player bad. In hockey if u are a forward ur forward rating should out weigh ur defense. For example Phaneuf a 9.5 he isn't better than Kessel or Lupul and in the KHL Zherdev is one of the best players in the league y the hell is he a 6.5 and don't say that his defense is bad i know that but his offense makes him a star same thing with Zaborsky.

Please respond Jeff R this problem must be dealt with can u please try to change it
If you don't have a team, you are defaulted to players rated against the NHL players so 6.5 for Zherdev is probably fine. If he is 6.5 vs the KHL and you are a manager of that league then there is an issue. Also, I am pretty sure that the skater ratings are based on position and not overall skater. 9.5 for Phaneuf over Kessel would not be accurate. It's Phaneuf vs the rest of the league's D and Kessel vs the rest of the leagues forwards.

I might be wrong on the ratings but I'm pretty sure that is how it will work
Old 08-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #8
BabyLemonade
Minors (Double A)

Game crashes when i click on shortlisted players from Manager Home page. Playing at Liiga.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #9
AnthonyG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
If you don't have a team, you are defaulted to players rated against the NHL players so 6.5 for Zherdev is probably fine. If he is 6.5 vs the KHL and you are a manager of that league then there is an issue. Also, I am pretty sure that the skater ratings are based on position and not overall skater. 9.5 for Phaneuf over Kessel would not be accurate. It's Phaneuf vs the rest of the league's D and Kessel vs the rest of the leagues forwards.

I might be wrong on the ratings but I'm pretty sure that is how it will work
Im being Ak Bars and im not in commissioner mode and he is 6.5 which is underrated in most of KHL fans opinions and Zaborsky.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Im being Ak Bars and im not in commissioner mode and he is 6.5 which is underrated in most of KHL fans opinions and Zaborsky.
Well, I was right on right up until you said you were using one of the teams. lol, now I have no idea why he would be rated that low in KHL but he is god awful defensively.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Started a random historical season (1999-2000) to test it out, and it appears AI trading in historical mode has been added?
Yeah, Sebastian activated it in this build

[quote]Wait, why is Mario Lemieux playing in the NHL during the 1999-2000 season and why did Pittsburgh just deal him to Ottawa for Martin Havlat?

Looking at the ratings, I had Mario underrated and Havlat's pre-prime stage starting a year earlier than it should, and Mario was missing a setting that makes it less likely the Penguins will move him. But in terms of numerical value, putting aside the names of the players involved, it makes some sense - Havlat had a lot more NHL hockey left in him in 1999 than Mario did.

Mario is on the Penguins in 1999 because there's no "temporarily retired" setting, so I either have to put him there or make him a free agent. But it's not really a great way of handling the situation (or other temporary absences like Lafleur, Howe, and Dryden), so I'll try to think of another way. Come to think of it, that might give me a better way to block the pre-Gorbachev Soviets from the NHL, too.

Quote:
Awful trades going on right now. I'm seeing like 7-for-1 swaps..Poor Ron Tugnutt has been traded 3 times in 2 months, and Washington just offered to trade "nothing" to me for Mike O'Neill..no thanks lol.

edit: 2nd time now a team offers me an trade with nothing coming back my way..
I explained players getting traded multiple times in the earlier thread, we're going to put in more safeguards to prevent that. I'm not sure what's happening with the empty offers, we'll have a look at that. Did you have O'Neill on the trading block?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #12
AnthonyG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Well, I was right on right up until you said you were using one of the teams. lol, now I have no idea why he would be rated that low in KHL but he is god awful defensively.
Thats the reason he's rated that low same goes for frolov zaborsky just because they have bad defense doesn't mean they should be worse then 2 ways like come on. At least just change that for the KHL Jeff R
Old 08-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #13
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thats the reason he's rated that low same goes for frolov zaborsky just because they have bad defense doesn't mean they should be worse then 2 ways like come on. At least just change that for the KHL Jeff R
Well, the rating is OVERALL not offense and defense separately. If he is bad defensively, why would he be ranked as high OVERALL as someone who is good at both?
Old 08-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
AnthonyG
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Well, the rating is OVERALL not offense and defense separately. If he is bad defensively, why would he be ranked as high OVERALL as someone who is good at both?
Maybe that works for the NHL but this is the KHL no one cares about defense unless u r defense. It gives off the wrong impression for those who r just liking the KHL.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #15
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, this may be an issue here.

Niklas Kronwall was drafted 2nd overall by Philadelphia in the 2000 draft, but he just signed a 1 year contract with the Ottawa Senators. It doesn't appear he was ever traded...

Yep, I exited out without saving and simmed again. Now Kronwall signed an identical deal this time with Chicago..

Definitely an issue with players rights. Heatley was drafted by Boston but signed with Minnesota.

Last edited by Habsfan18; 08-28-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
fisklcf21
Bat Boy

When i try to run this game in Administrator, the game doesn't load. Instead, my screen just turns white and says "Not Responding" a minute later. Is this isolated with just myself, or have there been any other instances of this? In either case, any clue as to how I can remedy this?
fisklcf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
I explained players getting traded multiple times in the earlier thread, we're going to put in more safeguards to prevent that. I'm not sure what's happening with the empty offers, we'll have a look at that. Did you have O'Neill on the trading block?
To be honest, I'm not sure since I ended up placing him on waivers and buying him out. It would make sense if he was though, because I got about 5 different offers for him, with each team offering me nothing in return.

I'll sim some more and see what I get.

For anyone wondering, here is a list of trades while I sim through the early stages of the 2000-2001 season:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Trevor Letowski

for

Jamie Storr
Juraj Kolnik
7th round pick

Kevin Sawyer
Bruno St. Jacques

for

for Brad Lukowich
7th round pick

Zarley Zalapski
Petr Hubacek

for

Chris Terreri
Mikko Jokela

Francois Beauchemin

for

Louie DeBrusk
Dave Chyzowski
6th round pick

Jamie Storr

for

Mike Grier
Peter Sarno
Mike Morrison

Marc Bergevin

for

Remi Royer

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Jamie Storr
Kimbi Daniels

for

Samuel Pahlsson
Jason Krog

Niklas Sundstrom

for

Uwe Krupp
Alex Auld
Ken McDonell

Patrick Lalime

for

Brian Rolston
Petr Hubacek
Brad DeFauw

Igor Larionov
Radek Hamr

for

Dave Reid
Darren Haydar

Anton Volchenkov
Bob Wren

for

Doug Houda
Ryan Craig

Roman Cechmanek

for

Mike Sillinger
6th round pick
Old 08-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #18
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Scoring seems wayyyyyy low. In the 2000-2001 season, only 1 player hit the 80 point plateau, and it was Steve Yzerman with 80 exactly.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #19
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Scoring seems wayyyyyy low. In the 2000-2001 season, only 1 player hit the 80 point plateau, and it was Steve Yzerman with 80 exactly.
Game isn't designed to be accurate as of yet, you will have to modify the scoring yourself
Old 08-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #20
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

It appears that some teams still skip their picks in the entry drafts. For example, in the 2001 draft 3 of the top 10 picks were skipped. I think it may have to do with too many players on certain teams protected lists.

And purely for the fact it's hilarious, here's an update on Jamie Storr: He's been traded a total of 13 times over the course of 2 seasons. LOL

Last edited by Habsfan18; 08-28-2013 at 06:35 PM.