Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2013, 05:29 PM   #21
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I just turned on the game with the new build and I have to say that I love the new opening screen!
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #22
Thatoneguy
Bat Boy

I have tried to save the game 3 times and it does not work on the new update (build 47). Anyone else had this problem?
Thatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #23
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatoneguy View Post
I have tried to save the game 3 times and it does not work on the new update (build 47). Anyone else had this problem?
Usually an issue with Windows User Account Control. Try running it as administrator; if that doesn't do it, you may need to uninstall (remember to go preferences-license to unlicense first), then reinstall from the update file, making sure to right-click and run as administrator when you install.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #24
MartinGowland
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Have a look at your C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\quickstart_games\Historical.quick folder (assuming you're on the PC version) and tell me if the files there match (sizes and dates) the ones in this screenshot:

Nope, my file is different. I've attached an image of it, hopefully! Where have I gone wrong and how do I fix it?
Attached Images
MartinGowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #25
MartinGowland
Bat Boy

Just as an update.....
I saw some instructions you issued to a fellow user who had my error message in another thread on here and i'm pleased to say that it solved the problem!! I am underway

Now i just need to wait for the trading AI to be sorted and i'll be happy
Great work and great assistance.
Thanks
MartinGowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #26
landru22
Major Leagues

Started the latest version (0947) as the Islanders. Simmed all the way to the start of the season. Went to sim my first game but it says I'm below the cap floor. Offered a few contracts to free agents to alleviate this problem but because I'm below the floor I still can't move on to the next day. Not a big deal for me, I will just start over again, but I thought you might like to know about it.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #27
landru22
Major Leagues

Messing around with the problem I mentioned above. I resigned from the team and was able to sim a few days. One of the contracts I had offered was signed but the team was still below the floor. I then rejoined the team again and tried to sim another day but couldn't as I was told once again I was below the cap floor. Why can an AI team be below the floor but not a human controlled team?
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #28
Airchallenged
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
Historical draft still not loading. Players still going to FA pool not draft set-up. This was the 69 season I started.
Same thing happens if you start from the beginning. The 68 draft has four players which go to four of the six expansion teams. Then the 69 and 70 draft don't exist so I gave up. On the plus side was that the 66 or 67 draft was the first one to have more players than picks and the other had just the right number of players.
Airchallenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #29
Myrcko
Bat Boy

Swedish Elitserien -> SHL

It maybe not have to do with this update, but i don't know where to put it.

The Swedish Elite League have had many different names as, Elitserien, SEL and so forth. But the league have now changed the name to SHL, that stands for Swedish Hockey Leauge.

Playing the beta now and can't wait until release!
Thanks for making this game!

I also attach the new logo for SHL.
More information can be read at Start - SHL.se
Attached Images
Myrcko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #30
beatle
All Star Reserve

Started the 71 season. After the season, no draft, some of the players in FA pool once more. So much for the fix! No expansion draft as well. I thought this was fixed in last update?

Beatle
beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #31
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgom27 View Post
You could still get the Players on the Teams that Drafted by Disabling 2013 Draft and assigning the Players to the Team that Drafted them because you can do that in OTTP for a Historical League.

Which ones were you wanting turned on because you didn't say?

Also why does the Logos that come with the Game Fake because if you have Real Players/Leagues/Teams then why not real Logos?

Frolik of the Blackhawks was also Traded at the Draft.
1. This isn't OOTP so just cause you can do it in that means nothing

2. Can not have logos due to licensing. Courts ruled you can use team names and player names in a text based format but you can not use any logo's or player pictures.
drewst18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:46 AM   #32
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Quote:
Started the 71 season. After the season, no draft, some of the players in FA pool once more. So much for the fix! No expansion draft as well. I thought this was fixed in last update?
U have to remember this is STILL a beta version, JeffR & the team are still working on the finish product & that means some fixes will work the way they designed them too & others needs a little work.

Started in 1973 simed to 1974 took over the KC Scouts, got to the draft only 19 players list, drafted, went to the FA list & only 1 player listed. Much faster simming now from the last couple of updates (could be fast).

Love the start up screen & graphics, keep up the good work Team JeffR.

Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #33
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No, it'll be the as-planned schedule from the start of the year with the team in the location they started in, since we can't do mid-season franchise changes yet. So no Civics, Baltimore Blades, or Jersey Knights.
What happens to the players once their teams fold,will there be a dispersal draft or will the players automatically become free agents?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #34
Skills
Minors (Rookie Ball)

New starting screen etc. looks really good I must say, but you really need to work on RFA/UFA still. Anaheim Ducks prospect John Gibson is still listed as UFA although he's on a ELC and is RFA among others. Also it seems like RFA doesn't work, because the best youngsters on RFA switch team all the time. In real life they would most likely match any offer sheets. You don't get any picks when players leaves on offer sheet either.
Skills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #35
beatle
All Star Reserve

Will the offensive defenseman be represented in the game? For example, in historical play Bobby Orr does not come close to his point of goal total in the game, nor does Brad Park or any other offensive defenseman. I even increased the offensive attributes of the offensive defenseman and it did not seem to make a difference in their point total.

Beatle
Old 07-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #36
Thatoneguy
Bat Boy

Is there a secret to scouting? I've had about 10 scouts that I had set up to various places for the full first season and their progress bar never fills. Is there another thing you have to do after the first window to activate them?( first window meaning where it asks for nation, league, position, etc)
Thatoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #37
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Will the offensive defenseman be represented in the game? For example, in historical play Bobby Orr does not come close to his point of goal total in the game, nor does Brad Park or any other offensive defenseman. I even increased the offensive attributes of the offensive defenseman and it did not seem to make a difference in their point total.
That might be because the goals per game settings haven't been set for h historic mode. On Commissioner Mode you can edit this via one of the League Settings screens.

That said, I've found that players generally don't score enough Pts in the modern UK leagues. So perhaps there's more to it than I suggest. Nonetheless, it's much better than what it was a month or two ago (which is the case with many aspects of the game IMO).
Old 07-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #38
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

JeffR i have a question. I noticed i can now set player attributes to 40, i belive it was capped at 20 to begin with but i could be wrong about that. I was wondering if this was intentinal or a "bug". Either way please for the love of god DO NOT change it back lol. I have finally been able to make Orr play like Orr and get 100+ point seasons. I Feel it gives the game a lot more flexibility to make a true generational talent or a god for that matter. Although it a "bit" overkill i was able to get Cam Neely to have a 300+ goal season .

Anyways loving where the game is headed and really liking the new graphics, i feel the game is really starting to come together.
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:01 PM   #39
hockeyfanatic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Anyone know what new features will be included in the next update?
hockeyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #40
beatle
All Star Reserve

To the developers of the game: Even though the draft does not seem to be working in historical mode as in previous editions the free agents would show up in free agent pool. Now I noticed that key draft picks are missing. For instance in the 1974 draft Bryan Trottier was missing, 1975, Mel Bridgeman was missing. In the previous edition these draftees showed up in the free agent pool. Now they don't. In addition, one year a bunch of 16/17 years old did show up in the draft, the first and only time 73/74, but no one over 18 years old showed up in the draft. The rest of the draft picks showed up in the free agent pool. I figured you'd want to know this information.

Beatle

Last edited by beatle; 07-07-2013 at 09:20 PM.