Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Version 0.9.47 Game Update Now Available

Our newest game update, Version 0.9.48, is now available, including a data update.

You can download the new version at:

(PC) FHM - Update 0.9.47
(Mac) FHM - Update 0.9.47
(alternate Mac link) FHM - Update 0.9.47

PC Installation instructions: After you download the file just install it over your existing game (you don't need to uninstall the old version first.) Make sure to select the correct path to your game if needed.
Mac Installation instructions: After you download the .dmg file, open it, move the fhm.app file to your applications folder and copy over the old version.

After installation, the game should display "Version 0.9, BETA Build 47" at the bottom of the statup screen; if it shows a different build number, you'll need to re-download and reinstall (and before doing so, make sure the update file you downloaded has been deleted and your browser cache cleared.)

Note that if you decide to uninstall and reinstall, you should first release one of your licenses via Preferences-License on the start screen.

Saves from version 9.44 are compatible with this version, saves from earlier versions are not.

Changes/Fixes/Additions:

*** Comments ***

As I mentioned before, this patch was intended to get historical mode operational again after some ongoing problems and some particularly nasty damage done by the last update. And since we were working on historical mode anyhow, we've also added something that's been promised for a while: the World Hockey Association. Start up a game from 1972-1978, check under League Menu -> USA, and you'll find the WHA, from Hull and Parent in '72 to Gretzky and Messier in '78.

Now, fair warning, it still needs quite a bit of work, and I wouldn't call it playable at the moment. I need to add some data to the league to get the finances working right, since right now the teams have no budget at all (which leads to them filling the holes in their rosters with fake emergency replacement players.) Getting the free agent interaction working correctly will also, I suspect, take some trial and error. Games that start before 1972 and games with the 'import rookies at 17' option turned on will see a particularly strange WHA that's mostly replacements and therefore extremely low-scoring. And worst of all, the teams that folded in real life don't die when they should, which makes a big mess if you run the league from 1972-1978. But the really critical work is done, since the issues involved with having a league appear and disappear during a historical game have been conquered (and that, of course, has big implications for what we can do when next year's version takes us back to the PCHA/WCHL and pre-NHL eras.)

We're also going to add correct arenas, cities, and attendances to the historical game soon, possibly in time for the next update - so the 1947 Leafs will no longer be playing in Air Canada Centre and the Kansas City Scouts aren't in Newark in 1974. And we're hoping to get historically-correct expansion draft rules implemented before the release.

And while Sebastian was working on that stuff, Malte started to implement the new graphics and interface changes. It's not finished yet - the in-game view, which is the biggest change, isn't in yet - and it has a few glitches (cutting off the tail of lowercase letters in the big title bar, for one), but I'd like to hear your opinions on what you see so far.

We'll now switch priorities, though, to getting the modern game switched to a 2013 start.

*** 0.9.48 (2 July 2013) ***

Bug fixes:
Game should no longer crash during historical setup.
Game should no longer freeze during the first setup stage of post-1988 historical games.
League histories in historical games will no longer include real results from after the start year.
The California Seals/Cleveland Barons franchise should now appear at the correct times (not disappearing properly yet, though, which may cause problems in post-1978 games.)
Montreal no longer plays an extra set of games in the 1960's and 70's (that appears to have been caused by the missing Seals/Barons.)
Expansion drafts should occur at the correct times.
If drafts are active in a historical game, leagues should follow the correct draft rules for the current year (e.g., age restrictions).
If "Generate at 17" is off, players should now appear only when they became property of an NHL team historically.
Allocation of attributes to currently-active players in historical mode corrected.
Disappearing graphic bars for attributes > 20 fixed.

Changes:

WHA added to historical play.
First release-version graphics implemented.

Database Changes:

We managed to get this week's resarch data added, so the the big draft-day trades are in (but not the picks themselves, that wouldn't have worked well with a 2012 start.) I don't have the information on which researchers submitted data this week yet, though (Malte usually forwards that to me, but he was busy with the PC build), so I can't tell you exactly which leagues received work.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

WHA---Yes !!! Yes !!! Yes !!!
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #3
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I am starting the 1974-75 WHA season -GM of the Minnesota Fighting Saints and checking the schedule -they have home games against New England on July 1st and July 7th. Hope the St. Paul Civic Center is air conditioned.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I am starting the 1974-75 WHA season -GM of the Minnesota Fighting Saints and checking the schedule -they have home games against New England on July 1st and July 7th. Hope the St. Paul Civic Center is air conditioned.
Yeah, I've got the schedules for the WHA ready, they're just not in the game yet - we need to convert them to the xml format the game uses and code the correct handling for switching to the new one every year. So for now it's just using a default schedule.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
hockeyfanatic
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just wondering when some of these league features will be turned on.

Also, when I went to "Edit Team" and changed the city and arena, the game has crashe every time.
hockeyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Yeah, I've got the schedules for the WHA ready, they're just not in the game yet - we need to convert them to the xml format the game uses and code the correct handling for switching to the new one every year. So for now it's just using a default schedule.
Will the teams that originally folded during the regular season (Ottawa Civics,Minnesota Fighting Saints Old & New) have complete schedules?
Old 07-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfanatic View Post
Just wondering when some of these league features will be turned on.

Also, when I went to "Edit Team" and changed the city and arena, the game has crashe every time.
Better to edit the team at the League Edit page.

It has crashed on me,also,since day one.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Will the teams that originally folded during the regular season (Ottawa Civics,Minnesota Fighting Saints Old & New) have complete schedules?
No, it'll be the as-planned schedule from the start of the year with the team in the location they started in, since we can't do mid-season franchise changes yet. So no Civics, Baltimore Blades, or Jersey Knights.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
beatle
All Star Reserve

Historical draft still not loading. Players still going to FA pool not draft set-up. This was the 69 season I started.

Beatle
beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #10
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
...the really critical work is done, since the issues involved with having a league appear and disappear during a historical game have been conquered (and that, of course, has big implications for what we can do when next year's version takes us back to the PCHA/WCHL and pre-NHL eras.)
Love seeing reference to next year's version!
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

so the draft in historical mode isn't working? I at least haven't been able to see it.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #12
Nino33
Major Leagues

I've got Build 47 showing but I can't get historical mode to load up (crashes at start-up); I tried many different years/with-without options ticked
Modern loads up/advances OK
Old 07-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
I've got Build 47 showing but I can't get historical mode to load up (crashes at start-up); I tried many different years/with-without options ticked
Modern loads up/advances OK
The first thing to try would be an uninstall/reinstall (remember to go to preferences and unlicense first.) If updating created a problem with the historical quickstart, and it sounds like it may have, that'll fix it.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:32 AM   #14
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Question about WHA folding teams and the NHL Cleveland Barons (who merged w/Minnesota North Stars}. Will there be a way to save teams from folding or merging? Move them to an existing or fictional league before they fold or merge?
Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #15
Rayzor
All Star Starter

Quote:
WHA---Yes !!! Yes !!! Yes !!!
What he said........
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #16
MartinGowland
Bat Boy

Quote:
The first thing to try would be an uninstall/reinstall (remember to go to preferences and unlicense first.) If updating created a problem with the historical quickstart, and it sounds like it may have, that'll fix it.
Hi, I had the same problem of it saying "invalid database" when I tried to start a historical game so i uninstalled as you directed and the problem has persisted. Just wondered if there's any further suggestions you might have?
The main game stills works as normal and the start screen says I am using build 0.9.47

Thanks for any help and keep up the excellent work with this game!
MartinGowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:29 AM   #17
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

You could still get the Players on the Teams that Drafted by Disabling 2013 Draft and assigning the Players to the Team that Drafted them because you can do that in OTTP for a Historical League.

Which ones were you wanting turned on because you didn't say?

Also why does the Logos that come with the Game Fake because if you have Real Players/Leagues/Teams then why not real Logos?

Frolik of the Blackhawks was also Traded at the Draft.

Last edited by mgom27; 07-03-2013 at 08:46 AM.
mgom27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:26 AM   #18
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinGowland View Post
Hi, I had the same problem of it saying "invalid database" when I tried to start a historical game so i uninstalled as you directed and the problem has persisted. Just wondered if there's any further suggestions you might have?
The main game stills works as normal and the start screen says I am using build 0.9.47

Thanks for any help and keep up the excellent work with this game!
Have a look at your C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 2014\data\quickstart_games\Historical.quick folder (assuming you're on the PC version) and tell me if the files there match (sizes and dates) the ones in this screenshot:

Old 07-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #19
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
How exactly do I uninstall?
I've unlicensed, but I see no button to hit to uninstall, not do I see any uninstall program to run for FHM2014 (there's no "program" that I can run in the Uninstall folder).
While searching for such a program I did find one for OOTP8 and used it (as I have OOTP14 now)
Old 07-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
How exactly do I uninstall?
I've unlicensed, but I see no button to hit to uninstall, not do I see any uninstall program to run for FHM2014 (there's no "program" that I can run in the Uninstall folder).
While searching for such a program I did find one for OOTP8 and used it (as I have OOTP14 now)
"Uninstall a program" from the Windows control panel.