Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 04-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #41
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

GAME 23 vs St. Louis Blues

Another good win for the club tonight, beating the Blues 4-3 in overtime. The downside is that Erik Karlsson was really turning it on but will be sidelined for at least 4 weeks with a sprained elbow. This is going to be a very big hole to fill and I hope that Mike Lundin can find his game because he is the guy that is going to step into the line up.

The top line really turned it on tonight with Michalek, Spezza and Latendresse all scoring. Michalek had 2 to give him 6 on the season, Spezza scored his 5th and Latendresse picked up his team leading 8th. The penalty killing unit did it's job tonight killing off all 7 shorthanded situations and that really helped win this one.
Attached Images
Image Image 
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #42
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

GAME 24 vs Calgary Flames

Happy to see a much weaker team this game with the injury situation we are facing right now in Ottawa but the Senators were able to pull off a 2-0 win tonight. Spezza scored his 6th of the season and Mark Stone added his 2nd. Lehner has made every start since Anderson went down to injury and played very well again, making 28 saves for the shutout.

The penalty killing unit came up huge again tonight, killing off another 7 opportunities. In the last 2 games, we have killed 14 straight man advantages. However, the penalties were very lopsided as the Flames didn't take a single penalty all game long.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #43
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

GAME 25 vs Edmonton Oilers

Explosion. 6 goals vs the Oil and a very solid 6-1 win. The top line dominated again, picking up 6 points combined. Spezza was the leader again with 1 goal (7) and 2 assists and Michalek (7), Silfverberg (2), Latendresse (9), Chris Neil (3) and Mark Stone (3) scoring the others.

Marc Methot injured his knee in the game tonight to add to the woes of the Senators blueline and will be sidelined for a couple of weeks.

Phillips, Anderson and Alfredsson are getting close to returning which is going to take some hard decisions on who stays and who goes soon.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #44
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

GAME 26 vs Vancouver Canucks

This one was ugly but I think my team might have gotten FHM'd. There is something screwy with the icetimes and powerplays in this game.

My Dman got into a fight at 1:28 of the 3rd period and then too another penalty at 3:40 and I dont think that the penalty expired.

Chalk this one up to Beta game!!
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by tcblcommish; 04-07-2013 at 05:08 PM. Reason: oops wrong pics
Old 04-07-2013, 05:09 PM   #45
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

This is the weirdness of that game
Attached Images
Old 04-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #46
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

GAME 27 vs Buffalo Sabres

Big win with the amount of guys that are out of the line up. Jared Cowen was hurt in practice between games, Marc Methot is still hurt but Anderson is finally back to help with the goaltending.

The big line had a good game again. Michalek had 3 assists, Spezza had a goal (8) and an assist and Latendresse had a goal (10) and an assist as well. Gonchar (2) and Greening (7) scored the others.

Anderson was victorious in his return to the net stopping 37 and giving up 3 goals in his win.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #47
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

GAME 28 vs New York Rangers

5-4 win over the New York Rangers in a bit of a shootout.

Jason Spezza continued his hot pace scoring again, his 9th and adding another 2 assists. Milan Michalek picked up a pair of assists and Latendresse scored his 11th to keep the team lead in that stat. Chris Neil had 2 goals to give him 5 on the season and rookie Mark Stone scored his 4th.

Mike Lundin has turned his season around quite a bit and is starting to play the best hockey of his season. He blocked another 5 shots that game, was a plus 1 while leading the team in ice time. Chris Neil and Derek Dorsett had a pretty solid scrap as Neil had his best game of the season.

Rookie defenseman Eric Gryba has had a very solid rookie season so far as well. He has played in all 28 games so far and has 4 assists with 29 penalty minutes and a plus 1 playing on the 3rd pairing and limited minutes. Usually paired with another rookie Andre Benoit, they have played a good part of the successful turnaround that the club has had.

That win also put the Senators in 4th, tied with the Penguins and only 3 points behind the Bruins for 2nd
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #48
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

GAME 29 vs Los Angeles Kings

The Kings spoiled Daniel Alfredsson's return to the line up with a 4-1 loss. Only Kyle Turris was able to beat Quick for his 3rd of the season.

Not too much to say over this game, nothing really stoof out except Alfredsson being back and throwing 7 hits. He was pretty much all over the ice.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #49
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

GAME 30 vs Montreal Canadiens

Good win tonight vs the Canadiens who are right behind us in the standings. Alfredsson had a big night, scoring the hat trick getting his goal total up to 8. Jason Spezza scored the other, his 10th the life the Sens to a 4-1 win over the Habs.

Robin Lehner had to make just 16 saves for the win as the Senators D help the shots low for the game.

Chris Phillips and Marc Methot were back in the line up tonight to help bolster the defence and make a run at first, hopefully!
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #50
Afino
Hall Of Famer

Thoughts going through:

- Game 7: Goalie gets a 32 save shutout and not in the 3 star selections?
- Game 9: same
- Game 10: Again with the Shootout - Phoenix shot first. Why does their goal win the game and Ottawa doesn't get a chance to tie?
- Game 11: everything with the ice time figures...holy bug

Random thought (that was covered within): Karlsson isn't getting the ice time he should. 18-20 minutes a game? I mean, they were talking about him being a 30+ average minute defenseman before he was injured IRL.

Seeing more icetime issues with the totals....and I think Game 26 you even point it out.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #51
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
Thoughts going through:

- Game 7: Goalie gets a 32 save shutout and not in the 3 star selections?
- Game 9: same
- Game 10: Again with the Shootout - Phoenix shot first. Why does their goal win the game and Ottawa doesn't get a chance to tie?
- Game 11: everything with the ice time figures...holy bug

Random thought (that was covered within): Karlsson isn't getting the ice time he should. 18-20 minutes a game? I mean, they were talking about him being a 30+ average minute defenseman before he was injured IRL.

Seeing more icetime issues with the totals....and I think Game 26 you even point it out.
Good thoughts, I'm glad people are looking at this. Easy to look from outside in when seeing this stuff and not trying to run the team.

The ice time is buggy as hell. Thing with Karlsson, I am not sure what to do to get him more icetime, well when he is playing lol. I have him on all the top stuff, maybe throw him on PK as well? I dont know but I have the D set to 26 minutes in the ice time part of the lines and on 75% of PP.

Should have more time than that
Old 04-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #52
Austsaint
Minors (Double A)

I am really enjoying this Beta dynasty report, it makes me want to play the game even more.
Austsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #53
johnnyshaka
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
Well, the Senators after 20 games have been a very up and down team to say the least. We are sitting in 7th place in the Eastern Conference, playoff spot for now which is a good thing. Scoring is brutal right now but I am trying to change that. The scoring leader is a tie between Erik Karlsson and Jason Spezza with just 11 points in 20 games which is awful.

IF we can continue to play solid D and have great goaltending with some added scoring, we should do very well. Just have to get that puck in the net.
Love this thread and I think I'll do the same one of the these weeks when I get some time to play.

My lone observation (that hasn't been mentioned already) is that PP scoring seems to be way down...or you guys are just really, REALLY bad at it. By my count, you guys have 5 PP goals in the first 20 games...ouch. Is the entire league that bad or just you guys?
Old 04-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #54
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Ottawa Senators Season 2012-2013

To be honest with you, I never really looked at it much so I'm not fully sure. I'll be jumping in to play some games soon so when I do, I will take a look at some of that stuff and let you know.

I have no idea how futile my team is at it but if its a problem with the while league having bad power plays, that would be a real good start as to why the scoring is so low.

I'll get back to you soon about that tho and thanks for the responses. Sadly, when the new builds come out, I will have to start over each time and will probably choose a different team.

Not sure who to choose just yet
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #55
johnnyshaka
All Star Reserve

Just started horsing around with 9.12 and the Oilers. May start a thread of my own once I get into things a bit.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #56
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Just started horsing around with 9.12 and the Oilers. May start a thread of my own once I get into things a bit.
If you need anything, advice, help, suggestions... whatever just let me know. I will be looking to see another thread like mine pop up!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #57
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Team stats

Ok, well scoring os down overall I would say but I never really looked closely at the stats and compared them to real life. I am going to try and do that now if I can find the right stats on NHL.com or something.

SCORING
---------
The Hurricanes are the highest scoring team in my NHL with 98 goals in 33 games. That works out to 2.97 goals per game. The lowest total in the league is the Calgary Flames sitting with only 56 goals in 29 games for an average of 1.93.

My team is sitting 20th with 74 goals in 31 games for an average of 2.39.

In the "REAL" NHL, the Black Hawks are sitting with 3.24 average and the lowest is the Blue Jackets with a 2.23 so there is definite problem with scores being way too low.

The main reason for this, in my opinion is the overall scoring in the FHM game itself. When you look at the team stats, it shows that the GFG average for the league is 5.00 when 0 teams are above 3.
Attached Images
Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #58
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

AS far as the Power play goes, I can'f ind anything that shows a percentage but my team has scored 12 power play goals, league worst. On the team page though, it doesn't calculate the PP opportunities
Old 04-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #59
Mecza
Minors (Triple A)

Can you perhaps share other screenshots within the game? During an actual game, trade screen, player profiles, lineup management, league home page, owner, finances, etc etc?
Mecza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #60
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

Ottawa Senators Season 2012-2013

I posted somewhere the in game screen but I don't use it at all because I find its absolutely pointless. It's just a longer version of a summed game in my opinion.

I can post some other stuff but I've been pretty busy so I haven't had much time to do this. I will probably get some in tonight but I'm more focusing on the day to day. I will try to get some screens tonight