Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 03-03-2013, 04:11 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Injuries

Any problems relating to duration, frequency, and description of injuries. RoPa is in charge of injury data and research.

Last edited by JeffR; 03-03-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
RoPa
All Star Reserve

Franchise Hockey Manager Release Date is Tuesday, September 3, 2013.

We have 6 months until that date to Beta test, tweak, improve and nail down injuries for FHM.

The first Beta version of the injury file is still very much a work in progress.

Constructive feedback is very welcome.

RoPa (Robert)
Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
steven21
Bat Boy

I have two players injured but when I right-click them and try to put them on the Injury List, the game says they are not injured.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
RoPa
All Star Reserve

It looks to be the same bug as reported here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...om-injury.html

Sebastian is looking into the problem.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #5
Daletiel
Minors (Single A)

The game will prevent you from finishing the day with a pop-up saying you have an injured player in the lineup even if you've already placed him on IR and readjusted your lineups. The same also occurs in the reverse case, after having taken a player off of IR.

Last edited by Daletiel; 03-05-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #6
ilarcek
Bat Boy

I have a good one to report.

Quote:
[212-443]Kimmo Timonen suffered cut ear today during team training. He will miss 12 months.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #7
Skadhauge
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilarcek View Post
I have a good one to report.
At least he's coming back, Fedor Tyutin ended his career due to the same injury - Matt Hendricks they are not!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
curtishale
Bat Boy

Injuries

Even when turning down the injuries to around 0.30, it still continues to be very high. Multiple players seem to get injured per day.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #9
curtishale
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skadhauge View Post
At least he's coming back, Fedor Tyutin ended his career due to the same injury - Matt Hendricks they are not!
I had the same! Giroux!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

The cut ear-career ending injury happened in my game in the pre-season to Ryan Suter.... poor Wild
Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
RoPa
All Star Reserve

When you get a shot to the ear, that hurts!

Sebastian knows about the career ending cut ear injury and is checking it out.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #12
Peter10
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtishale View Post
Even when turning down the injuries to around 0.30, it still continues to be very high. Multiple players seem to get injured per day.
Same here. It also seems Dmen are more affected by this, I usually have around 3 of my top 6 on the IR.

Just checked the news sections. There are 238 injuries and i am just in early January. I started with the normal setting, turned it down to 0.9 after about 1 1/2 month and down to 0.35 a month later

Last edited by Peter10; 03-06-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, I just looked at the injuries totals in a test game and they're definitely too high under default settings (Days Lost to Injury is actually tracked on the League Stats screen, in the last column, InD, of the Team Stats page - note that its calendar days, not games, lost.) Averaged 845 per year in the NHL, it should be in the mid-500s.

Those totals were actually pretty good for most of the pre-beta testing, but we adjusted them because there seemed to be too many short injuries and not enough longer ones, and that seems to have done something. And the ear thing probably isn't helping.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:20 AM   #14
pens66
Major Leagues

While this discussion about injuries breaks out just like it did in the early days of EHM, I just want to point something out:

TSN.ca currently lists 125 NHL players as injured. That includes long-term guys and day-to-day cases (and, admittedly, maybe a handful of guys who are basically retired, i.e. Chris Pronger).

Taking a look at the numbers in FHM, however, I found in my current season: In mid december 71 guys injured, in mid january it's 91 (standard injury setting).

Now I come back to the EHM thing: We as players always feel cheated by a computer game if a player is injured, and then another, and then another. It was the exact same thing in EHM and Riz eventually toned down the injuries to an extent that was faaaaar from reality. Let's face it, injuries are a very common part of hockey and a team can rarely play the same lineup night in and night out without any changes. Guys are constantly getting injured.

I know we have the injury slider to set things how we like it in FHM, but I think that the number of injuries is about right at the moment. Only the length of injuries maybe needs a look at (maybe more short-term things?). And obviously the frequency of injury types needs some tweaking. There too many arm injuries at the moment, I think. And then there's the ear thing... ;-)
Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #15
Laird19
Bat Boy

also having the same "phantom injury" issue. Right now i am stuck. 4 injuries, unable to move any of them to the injured list so i cannot call anyone up, yet am unable to advance because i do not have enough players to put in the lineup....

Edit: kinda figured out a temporary fix, if you click the "setup organization" button, it will move your injured players onto the injury list. just cant do it manually

Last edited by Laird19; 03-07-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #16
batdad
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
While this discussion about injuries breaks out just like it did in the early days of EHM, I just want to point something out:

TSN.ca currently lists 125 NHL players as injured. That includes long-term guys and day-to-day cases (and, admittedly, maybe a handful of guys who are basically retired, i.e. Chris Pronger).

Taking a look at the numbers in FHM, however, I found in my current season: In mid december 71 guys injured, in mid january it's 91 (standard injury setting).

Now I come back to the EHM thing: We as players always feel cheated by a computer game if a player is injured, and then another, and then another. It was the exact same thing in EHM and Riz eventually toned down the injuries to an extent that was faaaaar from reality. Let's face it, injuries are a very common part of hockey and a team can rarely play the same lineup night in and night out without any changes. Guys are constantly getting injured.

I know we have the injury slider to set things how we like it in FHM, but I think that the number of injuries is about right at the moment. Only the length of injuries maybe needs a look at (maybe more short-term things?). And obviously the frequency of injury types needs some tweaking. There too many arm injuries at the moment, I think. And then there's the ear thing... ;-)
This is a great post. Type of injury, frequency and duration could be the main issue. Also, this year in the shortened season I wonder if there is evidence to show more injuries than normal. Goalies from what I can tell for sure it is the case.

Please Jeff R....make sure we do not make injuries too low. They are a part of it and as Pens said...we end up with too few because guys get upset that there top 2 centres or 2 of top 6 are injured. I can name at least 3 teams in the NHL where two of top 10 players are injured right now. It happens. Look at Ottawa. Spezza, Michalek, Karlsson, Anderson...all out at the same time, and then Latendresse.

Flyers-Pronger, Meszaros, Hartnell, Read....
Hawks right now...Sharp, Hossa, Frolik, Shaw...

But career ending ear injuries...
Old 03-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #17
RoPa
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by batdad View Post
But career ending ear injuries...
Yeah, that one is a beauty but it will be....cut!

Someone had a screenshot of the cut ear injury with Roberto Luongo's career ending after a collision with the boards.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
Holden Caulfield
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoPa View Post

Someone had a screenshot of the cut ear injury with Roberto Luongo's career ending after a collision with the boards.
I had the same injury end the career of a player of mine in a KHL season...literally 2 days after I traded for him

Although I agree that it is important not too turn down injuries too much, they are a key part of the game. It is important to keep them at a realistic level, they have seemed fine to me so far.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #19
shaken_bacon
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoPa View Post

Can we all agree, that at least it wasn't an arrow to the knee?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #20
jayze302
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird19 View Post
also having the same "phantom injury" issue. Right now i am stuck. 4 injuries, unable to move any of them to the injured list so i cannot call anyone up, yet am unable to advance because i do not have enough players to put in the lineup....

Edit: kinda figured out a temporary fix, if you click the "setup organization" button, it will move your injured players onto the injury list. just cant do it manually
This is also worked around by exiting commish mode.