Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #81
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Regarding the A/AA/AAA thing, I think the Canadian juniors uses some form of system like this. I think the US equivalent is Tier 1 (USHL), Tier 2 (NAHL) and Tier 3 (NA3HL, etc).
Yes, in canada we use the A/AA/AAA but only for minor hockey. For Junior we have Major Junior, Provincal Junior A, B, C, and D. Junior D used to be around be i've heard that some of their teams moved up to Jr C so not sure if there is a league anymore.

Last edited by dave1927p; 12-29-2012 at 02:15 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #82
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
I agree - the AHL is around the same quality as the KHL. That's what I meant.
I agree in some sense. Take away the NHL links and the AHL isn't all that attractive, and nobody would want to go there if there didn't have to! The KHL is such a mix, You have the top teams with budgets on $30m or so then middle teams like Riga who spend around $16 then you have teams like Yurga who probably spend half of what Riga does! But I'd agreee they're both good leagues. If you wasn't in the NHL you'd probably want to be in the AHL trying to get there or the KHL.

Quote:
The NLA, DEL and Czech Extraliga probably fall just under the SM-Liiga in my view (but judging the differences is so subjective and arguably fluctuates every year or so).
I agree with what you say here too. But again, take out all the imports from the DEL and you are left with a very average league. It'd probably operate above the likes of the UK EIHL because of money and infrastructure and the amount of players but it's the imports that make the DEL what it is. Where as in the NLA in Swiss, some teams have only 1 or 2 imports because of the quality they can afford. Patrick Kane is playing there for example

Quote:
The UK EIHL is well below those leagues. I'd place it with Norway, Denmark, Italy and France. The British players aren't as strong as Norwegians, Danes, etc, but when you factor in the imports each team has (ignoring the NHL lock-out players), the EIHL is more-or-less the same level IMO. That's not to say the top British players are that bad - Team GB has been doing very well over the past couple of years - but we really lack any real depth (a lot British players in the EIHL simply fill out team rosters due to the import/foreigner limits).
I don't think anybody could describe the UK league better!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #83
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Will there be farms for KHL teams in the first version? They have them in VHL or junior teams in MHL but that isn't all. LEV Praha has something like farm team in the first Czech minor league team called HC Stadion Litoměřice. For example LEV's Martin Škoula now plays there. Will there be such teams even if their leagues are not playable?
Yes, they will be there.
Alessandro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #84
Strelka
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Also my plans are to have Vova Tarasenko to tell the Blues to idi na huy and stay in SPb for life. I think he's going to be the best Russian player eventually. Love watching him play.
Strelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #85
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

With the editor you will be able to do it. And I more or less agree with you
Alessandro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #86
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Bad news for my KHL(North America). The rival Federal Hockey Association has just been announced. They are promising superior hockey compared to the KHL. Don't know about that. They have announced that the Philadelphia's Spectrum will be rebuilt and will be the home of the Philadelphia Atoms and Philadelphia Warriors and the KHL will not be allowed to play their games in that arena.
Other FHA teams just announced:
New Jersey Americans
Houston Apollos
San Antonio Texans
St. Louis Stallions
Chicago Fire
Tampa-St. Petersburg Stingers
El Paso Buzzards
Miami Gulls
Buffalo Bisons
Nebraska Mustangs
Sacramento Capitols
San Jose Earthquakes
Las Vegas Aces
Utah Stars
Long Beach Rebels
Rhode Island Eagles
Long Island Ducks
New York Knights
Minnesota Muskies
St. Paul Pioneers
Greensboro Generals
Massachussetts Mutiny
Fresno Fury
Vancouver Grizzlies
Philadelphia Warriors

Last edited by Orioles1966; 12-31-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #87
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

KHL officials,trying to steal the thunder away from the newly formed FHA,have announced the following added franchises:
Birmingham Barons
Cincinnati Tigers
Texas Outlaws(Dallas,TX)

Not too be outdone,the FHA league officials have approved the following teams:
Boston Beacons
New England Blizzard(Springfield,Boston MASS)
Ontario Otters(majority of games Toronto,ONT)
Michigan Panthers(Detroit,MI)
Hamilton Bulldogs

KHL officials called FHA League founder(Orioles 1966) and asked if the FHA could be used as their minor league and they were promptly told-no.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #88
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
KHL officials,trying to steal the thunder away from the newly formed FHA,have announced the following added franchises:
Birmingham Barons
Cincinnati Tigers
Texas Outlaws(Dallas,TX)

Not too be outdone,the FHA league officials have approved the following teams:
Boston Beacons
New England Blizzard(Springfield,Boston MASS)
Ontario Otters(majority of games Toronto,ONT)
Michigan Panthers(Detroit,MI)
Hamilton Bulldogs

KHL officials called FHA League founder(Orioles 1966) and asked if the FHA could be used as their minor league and they were promptly told-no.
Haha, things are heating up early!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #89
Nightmare
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I wouldn't consider the KHL to be a superior league than the AHL. There are no facts that prove the KHL being higher quality then the AHL. It is arguable, but i'd say that they are both around the same level. But that does seem to be changing slowly as more north american players who play great in the AHL are playing in Russia.
Question: How many KHL games did you watch? I admit to having seen no AHL games, ever, but I do follow the KHL closely, and am familiar with the NHL as well. As such, my opinion is that the top 10 KHL teams are definately NHL level.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #90
geckon
Hall Of Famer

This has just crossed my mind, sorry if it has been responded before...
Will KHL (or other leagues) database contain players who play that league during the lockout? E.g. KHL team can sign up to three lockout players and teams take advantage of that. Thanks.
(Of course this isn't must-have.)
geckon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #91
Garethw87

Quote:
This has just crossed my mind, sorry if it has been responded before...
Will KHL (or other leagues) database contain players who play that league during the lockout? E.g. KHL team can sign up to three lockout players and teams take advantage of that. Thanks.
(Of course this isn't must-have.)
I don't think you'll be getting a Christmas card of Sebastian next year
Old 12-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #92
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Do you think I'm annoying? I just mention ideas and questions which pops out in my head If the devs are bothered by that I can (hopefully ) stop.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #93
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm moving the KHL to North America so I probably won't get a XMAS card either.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #94
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Question: How many KHL games did you watch? I admit to having seen no AHL games, ever, but I do follow the KHL closely, and am familiar with the NHL as well. As such, my opinion is that the top 10 KHL teams are definately NHL level.
guess we really need an unbiased person who knows all three leagues well to say for sure. I've only seen a couple of them but i have followed many of the players careers on a couple of the teams. Many could be great AHLers but only a handful are NHLers and for those that are NHLers they would be 3rd and 4th liners. Of course there is the odd exeption but i'd have to disagree. I'd say 5-7 teams could contend for the calder cup but certainly not compete in the NHL for the Stanley cup. Guess we can find out though and move CSKA Red Army in the game to the NHL for a few seasons. I did that in EHM :P

Orioles, you gotta put a team in Hamilton! Don't compete with the Maple Leafs directly.

Last edited by dave1927p; 12-30-2012 at 06:41 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #95
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
guess we really need an unbiased person who knows all three leagues well to say for sure. I've only seen a couple of them but i have followed many of the players careers on a couple of the teams. Many could be great AHLers but only a handful are NHLers and for those that are NHLers they would be 3rd and 4th liners. Of course there is the odd exeption but i'd have to disagree. I'd say 5-7 teams could contend for the calder cup but certainly not compete in the NHL for the Stanley cup. Guess we can find out though and move CSKA Red Army in the game to the NHL for a few seasons. I did that in EHM :P

Orioles, you gotta put a team in Hamilton! Don't compete with the Maple Leafs directly.
I have the Hamilton Bulldogs and Ontario Otters(some games in Hamilton) in my newly formed Federal Hockey Association.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:28 PM   #96
Garethw87

Quote:
Do you think I'm annoying? I just mention ideas and questions which pops out in my head If the devs are bothered by that I can (hopefully ) stop.
No, not atall! I like your ideas, was just a joking statement!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #97
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, not atall! I like your ideas, was just a joking statement!
Don't worry, non offense taken, I understood it was a joke ;-)
Old 12-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #98
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

KHL announces 2 more teams:
California Cobras(Bakersfield,San Jose CALIF)
Nova Scotia Explorers
Old 12-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #99
Strelka
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:

CSKA doesn't have the budget, but the Gazprom owned SKA certainly does. I could see them being a borderline 8th seed or around 9 or 10 on the table depending on the conference. Certainly not cup contenders and probably out in the first round if they make it.
Strelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 AM   #100
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

FHA has announced its 32nd and final team for its first season-The Jacksonville Rockets. Divisional line-ups and playoff format has yet too be determined.