Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Anybody else watching the Knicks....

...this season?......what a fun team and the team chemistry is ridiculous. It's just as much fun watching the guys come off the bench as it is watching Carmelo score almost at will, and he's playing defense...who would have thought that.

The most fun I've had as a Knicks fan since the Patrick Ewing days.
Rasmuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Yes. But I am at a loss to explain this other than the difference in coaching styles. What else could it be? Are Felton and Kidd that inspirational? Because they are the only two significant player additions over last season, in my opinion. Everybody says Anthony is like a different player this year, and it's true, but I think that's more Woodson's doing than Kidd. Anyway, enjoy the ride - it's been a long time coming.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I think its because Woodson knows they can score so hes focused more on defense. Its not just Kidd but they have leadership at almost every backup position. Having Kidd, Camby, and Wallace is almost like having three extra coaches.

Most of all i think they have learned how to win. They dont throw in the towell so easily and when they do get handled like they did by the Rockets they know its only one game. They are not letting it have a domino effect into more losses.

Its one thing to know you can play with the elite teams and another to know you can beat them. Hope the Knicks can have the same mentality if they make the playoffs.
I thought they would be a few more years of playing their cards right before i thought they would be a top ranked team. I was surprised when they beat a few good teams early but i never thought they could beat the heat twice. The Lakers are a mess right now but it was still a big win.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Good post ^^^. I discounted the "wise old head" leadership factor. That and coaching seem to have come together. Let's hope they can keep it up.

- Bru

Old 12-16-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I think the close win over Cleveland shows that when they are challenged they can still win against a bad team. Before Woodson took over i think they would have just took the loss against Cleveland like its not big deal. They seem to realize every game is important unless you want to be out of the playoffs or the # 8 seed.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

Felton is a much better defensive player than Jeremy Lin can ever hope to be and on par offensively, maybe even better, so that's a big upgrade to this team this season.

And Tyson Chandler is just such an imposing presence...both offensively and defensively, really he's the anchor to this team.

It's just such a fun team, I really can't describe it any other way.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #7
thehef
Hall Of Famer

It will be interesting to see how they integrate Amare into the mix. Or, rather, how Amare is willing to be integrated. If he could embrace a Kevin McHale-like 6th-man role, and be happy to be just-one-of-the-options when he's on the court w Carmelo, they could be legit contenders for the title... If not, the bubble will likely burst...
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #8
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I dont think the bubble will burst. The knicks have shown that they dont let one bad game or performance create a domino effect. I dont think Woodson or the vets on the team will allow Amare to become a distraction. He either accepts his role or the Knicks try and deal him. I dont think Amare has much leverage as the Knicks are doing fine without him. But yes it would be nice to have that talent as a 6th man.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
thehef
Hall Of Famer

BaseballMan, I mostly agree. However, the Knicks have already been trying to deal Amare. There are no takers on his bloated contract and with his injury history. If he proves to be a distraction, they will have an even harder time - no leverage - dealing him... That said, I'm guessing he sees what's going on and won't screw it up, that he'll embrace a 6th-man role...

Of course, underestimating the common sense and humbleness of the pro athlete would probably be a smarter way to go, prediction-wise. ;-)
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:19 AM   #10
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I think the Knicks would cut Amare before he became a distraction. I think the chemistry is too important to them now. They didnt bring in all the vets for 1 guy to screw it up. Now they might put up with Melo but if he gets out of line you can bet a vet will set him straight. I already see a difference in Melo. Honestly i dont think Amare will be a problem during the season.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #11
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

Even though they lost to the Lakers they continued to fight and they truly seem ready to be one of the premier NBA teams.

In regards to Amare I thought I read somewhere that he will accept whatever role he is asked to do. Him coming off the bench would be a huge boost.
knightdreamer2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #12
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Like the way they bounced back after the Lakers lost. They didnt get blown out by the Lakers, the Lakers just played a little better. Im glad the Knicks didnt sulk about the loss. Im go.na try and go to the march 13th game against the nuggets here in denver.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #13
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

bounced back without 'Melo....I love J.R. Smith...yeah...sometimes his shot selection is dubious...but he is fearless, even when the game is on the line and he does everything well too...rebounding, defense....
Old 12-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Im starting to come to terms with the Knicks actually being a good team. You know when your team has been bad for so long you dont know if its just a fluke. Id like to get to the point were im confident they will win in the playoffs. I dont mean cocky but to know its gonna have to take one of the best teams to beat them. If they lose in the 1st the year wont be a total wash but at the end of the day thats one obstacle they need to overcome. A good playoff team should make it past the 1st round. I hope they are not satisfied with just getting to the playoffs.
If Amare accepts his role i think the Knicks will win the division. But the playoffs wont be a cakewalk no matter what the Knicks record is.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
knightdreamer2k
Major Leagues

Yeah I definitely understand that it is hard to come to grips with them being a legit good team. I think playoff seed matters, if they are low then yeah a first round exit I expect. I would be disappionted if that happened becuase I think they sound finish with a high seed and they are good enough to at least make the Eastern conference finals.
knightdreamer2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #16
Rasmuth
All Star Starter

That game the other night in Sacramento...the 2nd half was one of the most fun halves of basketball I've ever seen...coming back from a 27 point deficit to take the lead at the end...and then...losing on a desperate 3 pointer....that was not an easy shot at the least...the Knicks are so good defensively when they really put their minds to it.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #17
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Are we witnessing the Knicks coming back down to earth now?

- Bru

Old 01-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #18
AnotherAlias
Hall Of Famer

Don't know about anyone else, but I was watching the Bulls last night. Looks like they got the Knicks' number this year.
AnotherAlias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #19
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Yeah the bulls have handled the knicks pretty good this year.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #20
Kobie
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Are we witnessing the Knicks coming back down to earth now?
Teams that are as bad defensively as the Knicks are tend to.