Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 10-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #61
dsvitak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
It's not impossible if the file structure of EHM is known, and at least vaguely similar to the FHM one. It might well take more work than it's worth though, and obviously it introduces all sorts of possible bugs.
I would assume that the data is kept in a spreadsheet, excel or access.

Pretty simple to lift the data, lay out the columns in a new .csv, then pick and choose the data you want, and resave into a file format our new game recognizes. As long as it is a comma delimited file, I don't see any major issues.
dsvitak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #62
archibalduk
All Star Starter

It is certainly possible in theory to export your player data from EHM and import it into FHM. However, it would likely require quite a lot of work.

You may want to take a look at the EHM Updater tool I have been developing for EHM. This allows players and staff to be created via Excel (csv files) as well as updating the attributes and contracts of existing players (also via Excel/csv). I'm sure I could adapt this tool for use with FHM if the database structure was to be made public by OOTP (I'm not making any promises at this stage - but I'm certainly tentatively interested in writing some tools for OOTP).

It also allows you to export attribute and contract data from the EHM database into Excel. So you could use this to generate a spreadsheet of your fictional players/staff to help you input it manually into FHM (assuming OOTP release an editor for it, of course). You can download the latest version (0.4.0) here: Archi's EHM 2007 Data Editing Blog • EHM The Blue Line

Here's a screenshot showing how the contract data looks when it is exported: EHM 2007 Data Editing :: exported_staff_list.png picture by archibalduk - Photobucket

Last edited by archibalduk; 10-16-2012 at 06:14 AM.
archibalduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #63
Pvl66
Bat Boy

I've just found out about this! It's amazing, I almost gave up my hopes that there would ever be a new hockey manager game again! I'm looking forward!

Last edited by Pvl66; 10-16-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Pvl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #64
trident
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrackle View Post
Hi, I'm a OOTP and EHM gamer, been for a good while. OOTP Baseball is THE baseball sim.
I just can't wait for Franchise Hockey Manager to be released!
My concern is that, having played several seasons of EHM with an imaginary league, the stats and history of my league will disappear.
Is there any plans so far of being able to import EHM stats into Franchise Hockey Manager?

Carry on!
Hey TheGrackle, which EHM league is yours out of curiousity? Cheers
Old 10-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #65
TheGrackle
Bat Boy

Thanks to all, guys, for the responses!

And Trident, I'm playing Eastside 2007 by the way, NHL (managing Pittsburgh Penguins).

Thanks for the tip Archibalduk, certainly will look in the utility , test it out, seems very interesting.

On top of the player's ratings it's also (possibly most important) the individual stats of all the players during the seasons I've played with EHM.

One of the big plus would be (like in OOTP baseball) the possibility of editing leagues as opposed to EHM '' static'', uneditable leagues.

Carry on!

Last edited by TheGrackle; 10-16-2012 at 07:45 PM.
TheGrackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #66
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Haven't visited in a while (easier to deal with the waiting that way ).

REALLY looking forward to FHM! Can't wait!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #67
djskek
Minors (Single A)

Hello,

What playable leagues are available and what languages ​​are selectable?

Last edited by djskek; 11-20-2012 at 11:29 AM.
djskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #68
CeeBee
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djskek View Post
Hello,

What playable leagues are available and what languages ​​are selectable?
I asked that question some time ago - http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...e-leagues.html but only the CHL(Jr) part was covered.
There might be more info spread around the site but maybe it will get posted all in one place.
CeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #69
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeBee View Post
I asked that question some time ago - http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...e-leagues.html but only the CHL(Jr) part was covered.
There might be more info spread around the site but maybe it will get posted all in one place.
They haven't really announced the full list of playable leagues. They've mentioned that they need to research the leagues players and if they do that the league will be playable.

They will give us more information closer to the release date. For now, we wait.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #70
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
They haven't really announced the full list of playable leagues. They've mentioned that they need to research the leagues players and if they do that the league will be playable.

They will give us more information closer to the release date. For now, we wait.
Didn't they sorta mention that there wasn't going too be Minor Leagues and the WHA was debatable?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #71
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Didn't they sorta mention that there wasn't going too be Minor Leagues and the WHA was debatable?
Yes - for the historic mode. The modern DB will be different of course.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #72
Garethw87

It's really quiet here
Old 11-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #73
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
It's really quiet here
almost time for another one of my requests for cool features that won't be added but hopefully gets people thinking?

But yes, the devs are hard at work on the game. I guess in hindsight they probably posted the Historical Dev Diary too early but it did get people excited at the time. And the next one will too so hang in there, it's gotta be coming soon. They are updating their twitter page frequently but so far no big news there either.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #74
daveawrit
Major Leagues

Well, the good news is that at this point they could release it without the NHL and it would be just as realistic as real life.
daveawrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #75
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveawrit View Post
Well, the good news is that at this point they could release it without the NHL and it would be just as realistic as real life.
I know the NHL will be the selling point but as long as it has KHL I'm happy! Kinda need the NHL for realism though.

Hopefully we get the Swiss NLA and Aisa too EHM missed these
Old 11-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #76
n00bxQb
Bat Boy

I'm really looking forward to this game. Will it be available on Steam?
n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #77
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

Franchise hockey manager 2013

Most likely no. Ootpdevelopments usually develops their games exclusively on their website. The ootpdevelopment team are a small company and if they would release it on steam they would have formally made an announcement. But I highly doubt that any of their games will be on steam for purchase at all. The other issue is that ootpdevelopments uses their own licensing for all their games so it wouldn't work on steam.

Last edited by fredreed; 11-30-2012 at 05:27 PM.
fredreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #78
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

the day their games are only available on steam will be the day i stop being a customer so i hope it doesn't happen.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:23 AM   #79
iamcline
Minors (Rookie Ball)

...but isn't OOTP 9 on Steam? lol
iamcline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #80
Jestre
All Star Reserve

I too would not buy from Steam, have given up the Civ and Total War games for that reason.