Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #41
grazza
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWE View Post
Will the EIHL be playable in the game?

Hopefully if the leagues and structures are highly edited I would really hope we could add leagues, rules, structures etc. From what I have seen of the work of the people from theblueline I think there is already a good foundation for a community to build up the database.
grazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #42
Bruins86
Minors (Double A)

I just hope if I play during the early 70's Bobby Orr has a legit shot at winning the scoring title...thats one of the problems I had with EHM you coudnt really create the generational talents like gretzky or orr and have them out perform all other players by a wide margen
Bruins86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #43
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins86 View Post
I just hope if I play during the early 70's Bobby Orr has a legit shot at winning the scoring title...thats one of the problems I had with EHM you coudnt really create the generational talents like gretzky or orr and have them out perform all other players by a wide margen
well you could but you'd have to put him on every single line. I created myself and played more then 50 minutes a game - i broke the Great Ones scoring records
Old 10-06-2012, 06:50 AM   #44
shawa666
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The Nordiques Never leave for Denver, win the cup and all the habs's fans commit hara kiri.

GLORIOUS!
shawa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #45
Jestre
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawa666 View Post
The Nordiques Never leave for Denver, win the cup and all the habs's fans commit hara kiri.

GLORIOUS!
Or the Flyers never trade for Lindros and the Nords/Av's never win a cup
Old 10-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #46
sjam613
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestre View Post
Or the Flyers never trade for Lindros and the Nords/Av's never win a cup
I remember being thrilled when we got Lindros.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #47
Daletiel
Minors (Single A)

Oh, so many possibilities. Taking over the Leafs prior to the JFJ years, limiting southern expansion and the dilution of talent league-wide, seeing how long to keep Gretzky and co. on the Oilers...

Is the drool beginning to show?
Daletiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #48
Jestre
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjam613 View Post
I remember being thrilled when we got Lindros.
I loved watching Lindros, my feelings for Clarke took a big hit with his handling of Lindros. Absoluted hated the way Terry Murray coached the team back then and how nobody on the team had Lindros' back.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #49
sjam613
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I loved watching Lindros, my feelings for Clarke took a big hit with his handling of Lindros. Absoluted hated the way Terry Murray coached the team back then and how nobody on the team had Lindros' back.
True the years of Legion of Doom were quite impressive.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #50
Tekneek
Major Leagues

Quote:
I loved watching Lindros, my feelings for Clarke took a big hit with his handling of Lindros.
Bobby Clarke is one horrible human being.

"Roger got cancer. That wasn't our fault. We didn't tell him to go get cancer. It's too bad that he did. We feel sorry for him, but then he went goofy on us." - Bobby Clarke talking about Roger Neilson
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #51
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post

"Roger got cancer. That wasn't our fault. We didn't tell him to go get cancer. It's too bad that he did. We feel sorry for him, but then he went goofy on us." - Bobby Clarke talking about Roger Neilson
i read Roger's book a few years back. It brought a tear to my eye when i read about the sens losing in the playoffs which meant that roger would never get a stanley cup (this was while he was dieing in bed). I think i will hire Roger as the Head Coach of my leafs or keep him with the leafs depending on when i start my historical game..
Old 10-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #52
Jestre
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post

If it wasn't for Keith Jones, Lindros may have died. Jones insisted on taking Lindros to the hospital when he found him in the tub almost unconscious, Clarke wanted him flown back to philly for examination, turned out he had a punctured lung and doctors said he could have died if he flew then.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #53
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazza View Post
Hopefully if the leagues and structures are highly edited I would really hope we could add leagues, rules, structures etc. From what I have seen of the work of the people from theblueline I think there is already a good foundation for a community to build up the database.
If it is of any reassurance, the FHM team has a UK Researcher (me!).
Old 10-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #54
Craignum
Minors (Rookie Ball)

praying that they have a decent editor, I want to bring the World Hockey Association back in the modern times. With 1-Conferance in North America and 1-Conferance in Europe. For North American split it into 2-Divisions with 4-teams each at first in Toronto, Hamilton, Quebec, Hershey, Houston, New York, Michigan, and maybe Providence. The European division would likely see teams across several countries. Russia with maybe 3-4 of its own then some in Sweden/Finland/Germany.

Then I would likely get some of the better players from smaller leagues to fill out the rosters and take some underutilized players from the NHL and other leagues and toss them in.
Craignum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #55
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craignum View Post
praying that they have a decent editor, I want to bring the World Hockey Association back in the modern times. With 1-Conferance in North America and 1-Conferance in Europe. For North American split it into 2-Divisions with 4-teams each at first in Toronto, Hamilton, Quebec, Hershey, Houston, New York, Michigan, and maybe Providence. The European division would likely see teams across several countries. Russia with maybe 3-4 of its own then some in Sweden/Finland/Germany.

Then I would likely get some of the better players from smaller leagues to fill out the rosters and take some underutilized players from the NHL and other leagues and toss them in.
Here's hoping that they have the historical WHA. Folding teams might be a problem. Nothing has been written in stone. Doesn't look good for past minor leagues. But then you could do a fictional minor league.

They hasn't been updates lately. Would like too know about the max teams a league could have and could there be inter-league games between two different leagues.

Or a fictional league(s) with real players or historical league(s) with fictional players?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #56
Postman
Major Leagues

As GM of the Avs. I can't do much worse than Francois Giguere.
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:15 AM   #57
hfield007
All Star Starter

If I get it I'd want to run an NHL style sim (hopefully this will have fictional) or a world league using nations.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #58
Nino33
Major Leagues

For me it's the Historical Play that I'm most looking forward to, taking my favourite teams from childhood from their birth in the age of expansion (Flyers in 1967 and the Canucks in 1970), and taking these teams through the decades up to the modern era...and I'd never before imagined it possible to be playing in the "golden era of hockey" with "original 6" teams, so for sure I'll be trying some 1947 career starts!
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #59
grindline
Minors (Single A)

I'm really looking forward to being the present day Columbus GM, though my first game will be a test run to get used to the game. I will probably start with the 93 Penguins or Kings or maybe the 2002 Av
s
grindline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #60
tward13
All Star Starter

As I do with OOTP I'll try to do too much. I'll want to run a current season day by day in whatever way the game allows. I'll also want to start as far back as possible to get more familiar with the old time players, and I'll want to start with the first expansion as that soon gets into the era I first knew.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote