Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 04-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #61
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

00142 - CLB - Corporate League Baseball

i would like to make some changes to the listing but never had a password

I can also help with both time and webspace if it is still needed

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:36 PM   #62
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrack View Post
00142 - CLB - Corporate League Baseball

i would like to make some changes to the listing but never had a password

I can also help with both time and webspace if it is still needed
Do you still have access to the email address listed for it (hackers@corporatebaseball.us)? If so, the help page should easily reset the password for you. I'd do it manually, but the admin password I have listed for it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I changed it, but I don't remember doing so. I'll have to check the password file online, but I can't access it either at the moment...

I think I might take you up on your offer too. When I recently tried to access the backend I couldn't. I need to email Andreas and ask for the new login site or something. Even before this though it was a pain in the butt to change anything because the FTP access was removed for some reason leaving only updating via the web possible which is a major pain in the butt when often working with several files at once.

My only concern, however, is it looks like your host often has downtime issues or at least issues with the db. Or at least the CBL forums seem to go down every once in awhile. Is that something completely different or is that something the IOLD would probably experience too? The one good thing about where the IOLD is now is that the server has been exceedingly stable for a long time and if someone tries to access it but can't they may, unlike more popular sites, never try to again.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #63
jazzrack
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
Do you still have access to the email address listed for it (hackers@corporatebaseball.us)? If so, the help page should easily reset the password for you. I'd do it manually, but the admin password I have listed for it doesn't seem to work. Maybe I changed it, but I don't remember doing so. I'll have to check the password file online, but I can't access it either at the moment...
that email is just a forwarder, but it is active. I'll give the reset a try
Quote:
I think I might take you up on your offer too. When I recently tried to access the backend I couldn't. I need to email Andreas and ask for the new login site or something. Even before this though it was a pain in the butt to change anything because the FTP access was removed for some reason leaving only updating via the web possible which is a major pain in the butt when often working with several files at once.

My only concern, however, is it looks like your host often has downtime issues or at least issues with the db. Or at least the CBL forums seem to go down every once in awhile. Is that something completely different or is that something the IOLD would probably experience too? The one good thing about where the IOLD is now is that the server has been exceedingly stable for a long time and if someone tries to access it but can't they may, unlike more popular sites, never try to again.
The cbl forum issue is related to that specific DB. i went through and repaired the DB and it seems ok now but over time the issue will probably come back, but it's an issue with the version of phpbb2 they are using. I haved strongly suggested that they upgrade the forum software to phpbb3 (or even the latest version of 2 may help) as i havn't have any problems with my forum, or my other websites, but i can't force them to upgrade.

checking the corporate league site(s) for the next few days or so would be a good way to make sure that it's only an issue with the cbl forum before you spend much time thinking about it

Was once Head Cheese of Corporate League Baseball

Last edited by jazzrack; 04-11-2008 at 07:11 PM.
jazzrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #64
Fool
Bat Boy

when you're signing up for a league online, and it says Game Required does that mean YOU need the game? meaning me...?
Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:51 AM   #65
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
when you're signing up for a league online, and it says Game Required does that mean YOU need the game? meaning me...?
Yes.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:00 AM   #66
kq76
Global Moderator

If you are the one looking to join the league, yes, you are required to have the game to join those leagues which say the game is required. In other leagues commissioners will carry out the instructions you give them by email or something, but that's a lot of work so most leagues require you to own the game as you can easily carry out what you want in your copy of the game and then press a button that exports your orders to their site.

Even for those leagues that don't require the game, only prefer it, to be kind to your commish you really should get the game because it does make it much easier on them.

Now that I think about it, I should made it clear that the difference between preferred and not required should be that not required is for those leagues that the league can't import exports for some reason because otherwise I don't see why a commish would say the league doesn't require the game over saying they prefer it.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:54 PM   #67
kq76
Global Moderator

It's working again.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:56 PM   #68
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Hi,

Our league RWBL is listed on the IOLD, but it's an old listing that is set with our old commishes info. Anyway we can get an update on the information to have myself or our current commish on it so we can update it?

Real World Baseball League
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #69
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
Hi,

Our league RWBL is listed on the IOLD, but it's an old listing that is set with our old commishes info. Anyway we can get an update on the information to have myself or our current commish on it so we can update it?

Real World Baseball League
Hi Dan,

I checked the history just to make sure it's the same league and it is, but after searching for awhile I couldn't easily determine for sure who the current commish is or their email address. It looks like it is most likely ScottVib, but then a few others also look like they might be the head guy. Once you let me know who it is I'll gladly update the email address and send them a note of a new password.
Old 06-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #70
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Hi Dan,

I checked the history just to make sure it's the same league and it is, but after searching for awhile I couldn't easily determine for sure who the current commish is or their email address. It looks like it is most likely ScottVib, but then a few others also look like they might be the head guy. Once you let me know who it is I'll gladly update the email address and send them a note of a new password.
Well the thing is there is an assortment of us that are in charge of certain duties. I take care of the backend website duties and some of the advertising. And I'm the NL President.

Scott Vib is pretty much the co-commish.

Brian Sakowski is the previous commish, that's who's currently listed on the IOLD.

Our current commish is Ricky Lam, his email address is rickaholicAThotmail.com
Old 06-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #71
kq76
Global Moderator

Done, thanks. PM sent to you as well. Sorry for the hassle.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:01 PM   #72
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Done, thanks. PM sent to you as well. Sorry for the hassle.
No hassle man, I just want to get stuff updated. Especially since that listing is OLD!
Old 08-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #73
kq76
Global Moderator

Interactive Online League Directory

2008-10-6 Update

You can get to the IOLD by visiting http://iold.corporatebaseball.com/iold/home.php.

New IOLD Info

I'm pleased to say that the IOLD is now OOTP9 compatible. Yay!

We have also moved to jazzrack's website. Thanks for the space, James!

For those who don't know, we had some problems with OOTP's servers for the last long while and that's why I couldn't update it on the backend. We ended up having some trouble setting it up on the new site as well, but I finally figured it out last night and it should be good for hopefully a good long time now.

To move it to its new space I had to manually re-do the additions/changes for the last couple dozen entries. So, if your entry was recent or you recently changed your password, then it wasn't copied over, but you should be able to get it reset using the help page if you listed your email. If not, PM me.

Lastly, I picked up a new PHP book from the library yesterday and if I actually read it I might get interested in adding some stuff to the IOLD so if you have any ideas or requests, don't be shy to post them!

Regular IOLD Post

The Interactive Online League Directory (IOLD) is a listing of online leagues that is added to and updated by you.

Want to find a league to join that fits certain criteria? Check the IOLD. Want to check something out about a league you once read about? Check the IOLD. Curious about how many leagues there are of a certain type? Check the IOLD. Want another way to advertise your league? Add it to the IOLD, all on your own!

Brief instructions can be found on each page.

You don't need to be the commish of a league to add it, so if a league you're in or follow is not in the IOLD, go ahead and add it.

If you have an issue concerning an existing league entry, please include both the league's initials and ID# in your post so there is no confusion as to what league we are talking about.

If all you need is a reset password, please try that function on the help page first as it is automated. If that doesn't work and you still need a reset password to update a league and you're that league's commish, post and I'll try to get it to you asap.

If you're not the commish, but would still like something to be updated, post and I'll try to get to it eventually.

Enjoy!

Last edited by kq76; 04-10-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:44 PM   #74
Mike1
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks! Updated the USBA.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #75
kq76
Global Moderator

Jazzrack went and got the IOLD its very own domain name. You can now use the direct link or just use www.iold.info. Thanks, James!
Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #76
spot
All Star Reserve

I just found the directory, it's great!

I am currently the commish of the PCBL and I did a search only to find that it is listed with the old info. I don't know the password and the email listed is the former commish. Any chance I can either get the password or get the record deleted and put in the correct info? Thanks.
Manager of the Year - 1993
spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:29 PM   #77
kq76
Global Moderator

I just reset the password and sent an e-mail to the address on your new owner's guide page.

Last edited by kq76; 01-18-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 03:27 AM   #78
kq76
Global Moderator

Tonight I made some tweaks to the IOLD:

-added ootp10 as an option
-added separate scouts and coaches options
-corrected the spelling of occasionally
-added clarification of the opening frequencies

The last 3 were suggested by satchel. He made some others that we might add later, but these ones were easy no-brainers for me.

satchel's also been going through ad threads adding and updating IOLD entries for us too. I know that's not always the most entertaining activity in the world, but it does make the directory much more useful for everyone so thanks very much, man!

If your league is in the IOLD and it is out of date, please take a minute or two to update it. As always, the automated password reset feature is there if you need it and if you don't have access to the email listed for the league just let me know and I'll hook you up.

Last edited by kq76; 04-12-2009 at 03:41 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:16 AM   #79
GreenPride
Bat Boy

OOTP League - Total Sports Lounge
GreenPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #80
Fearbobafett
Minors (Single A)

I went to add in our league and saw that it is in there already from the prior commish who is long gone, i am the current one.

Could i please get the password reset so that i can update our information?

thank you

Mike

League ID: 00082
League Initials: BOY
League Full Name: Boys of Yesteryear

Chicago Cubs 1928-Present
Fearbobafett is offline   Reply With Quote