Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-09-2020, 11:57 PM   #1
Jubilation
Bat Boy

Help....can't finish game

I am playing OOTP 2020 currently like 20 games into the 2021 season. My LF got hurt in extra innings and I opted to move my DH to LF (losing the DH) and having the pitcher bat. So the pitcher is batting #2 in the lineup.

So when I click on game action. I get a prompt telling me I have an incomplete lineup and will not let me get back to the game. I downloaded the latest version thinking that it was something that might have been fixed but that is not the case. Still can't move forward with the game.

I tried to just finish the day as well and that just causes the game to quit.
Jubilation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Sorry about that! the latest patch should've fixed the issue, but it may not work with a game currently in progress and crashing. If you can send in your league files, we can get them up and running again with the new update.

Instructions are below. Or you can just upload the files to Dropbox or another sharing site and post the link here.

Windows PC:

Unless you have an ftp program, one way to get to the ftp site is as follows: Open up Windows Explorer by right-clicking the start menu and then choose "Open Windows Explorer". Now up at the top in the address bar (it probably will say "Libraries" in there), paste over top whatever is in there with "ftp://ootpsupport.com/incoming/ootp/saved_games/" for OOTP or "ftp://ootpsupport.com/incoming/fhm/saved_games/" for FHM.

After you do this, hit the Enter key and wait a moment and it should load the ftp site in there. Now you can find your league files and copy and paste them into there. Your league files can be found here (in a default install): Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 16\saved_games

In the saved_games folder you'll see folders that end in ".lg". Find the folder that corresponds to the league you need to send us and zip up all of the files in there that end in ".dat" (don't send any other files unless asked to do so). There should be 16 of them. Finally, copy this zip file to the other window with the ftp folder and it should start copying it there. It might take up to a few minutes to copy.

Mac:

There's no built in way to upload your league files to our ftp server, so you'll need some third party software, like the free Cyberduck. If you don't want to try that, then submit a support ticket and we'll see if there's another solution.

Assuming you have an ftp program to use, then you'll need to find your saved game so that you can upload it. Here's how:

1) Open up a Finder window and go to the Go menu and hold down the option key (or alt key).
2) Now select Library from the menu (it's hidden if you don't hold down the option key).
3) From there, open up Application Support, then Out of the Park Developments and finally, OOTP Baseball 16 and finally saved_games.
4) In the saved_games folder you'll see folders that end in ".lg". Open the folder that corresponds to the league you need to send us.
5) Zip up all of the files in there that end in ".dat" (don't send any other files unless asked to do so). There should be 16 of them. Higlight the 16 files and then right click and choose "Compress 16 items".
6) Finally, rename the zip file to something more descriptive of your league. [By default, the file is called Archive.zip.] Now transfer this zip file via your ftp program.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:57 AM   #3
Jubilation
Bat Boy

Tried the update again. No go. Created dropbox account...uplaoded the league file there.
Just need an email from you so I can send it to you to share.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:54 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
Tried the update again. No go. Created dropbox account...uplaoded the league file there.
Just need an email from you so I can send it to you to share.
matt@ootpdevelopments.com

just include a quick note so he knows for sure what it is. Thanks!

Old 01-11-2020, 12:55 AM   #5
Jubilation
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
matt@ootpdevelopments.com

just include a quick note so he knows for sure what it is. Thanks!
Done.

Hope it can be fixed started the season well (16-7)
Old 01-11-2020, 03:32 PM   #6
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Hi, you need to zip and load up the .dat files as it describes in Lukas' post, the file you included doesn't contain all the information needed to check into this issue. Thanks,
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 01:00 AM   #7
Jubilation
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Hi, you need to zip and load up the .dat files as it describes in Lukas' post, the file you included doesn't contain all the information needed to check into this issue. Thanks,
Well I followed what he said and when I click on the file I get this....

The webpage at ftp://ootpsupport.com/incoming/ootp/...aved_games.zip might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_FTP_FAILED

But it could be I am screwing it up somehow.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:09 AM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Well I followed what he said and when I click on the file I get this....

The webpage at ftp://ootpsupport.com/incoming/ootp/...aved_games.zip might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_FTP_FAILED

But it could be I am screwing it up somehow.
Uploading to Dropbox as you did is fine.

I think what Matt's saying is that whether you upload to Dropbox or the ftp, you didn't include the files he needs to open the league. What he'll need is the files in your saved game folder ending in .dat (there should be 16 or 17 or these).

Old 01-12-2020, 10:33 AM   #9
Jubilation
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Uploading to Dropbox as you did is fine.

I think what Matt's saying is that whether you upload to Dropbox or the ftp, you didn't include the files he needs to open the league. What he'll need is the files in your saved game folder ending in .dat (there should be 16 or 17 or these).
Well how do I find that without the ftp. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question
Old 01-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Well how do I find that without the ftp. Sorry if this seems like a stupid question
You need to find your saved game folder (Lukas has directions for one way to find them, or from the main screen, you hit the settings button on the bottom, and then on the last tab of the window that pops up, there's a button to "open folder containing saved games"). Then you need to navigate to the .lg folder from your saved game, and you should see all the .dat files. From there, you need to select them all, zip them up, and then you can upload them to our FTP or to dropbox.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote