Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 12-20-2019, 09:44 PM   #321
GMO123
Major Leagues

Is there a place in the player's profile that shows the number of games lost due to injuries, per season? It would help to see how injury-prone a player is (even though it might also be mentioned in his scouting report).
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:17 AM   #322
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMO123 View Post
Is there a place in the player's profile that shows the number of games lost due to injuries, per season? It would help to see how injury-prone a player is (even though it might also be mentioned in his scouting report).
No, but it's not a bad idea and I think we already track it at the team level. I'll see if we can get it into the player stats somewhere.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:08 PM   #323
DeepCorn
Bat Boy

I frequently find my "unsigned draftees" tab has a lot of 18 and 19-year-olds with no assigned team. Some of them are on teams, but most of them are considered free agents. They are also mostly half star ability players. My question is, are these players developing if they are considered free agents? Do I need to sign them to my AHL team? Is there a way to assign them to a team without signing them?
DeepCorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 08:16 PM   #324
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCorn View Post
I frequently find my "unsigned draftees" tab has a lot of 18 and 19-year-olds with no assigned team. Some of them are on teams, but most of them are considered free agents. They are also mostly half star ability players. My question is, are these players developing if they are considered free agents? Do I need to sign them to my AHL team? Is there a way to assign them to a team without signing them?
Can they still develop? Yes. Will they? Slower likely. But I would likely need more information. Is this a standard game or custom?

If it's Custom, they may just not have room for a team, so if you have contract room, sign then and let them at least go to the Reserve list for your AHL team. If it's a Standard game, it depends. CHLers could be cut due to contract limits, and if they are European, they may just be free agents for the time being. Most will likely end up on a club, somewhere. Sometimes CHLers go the Canadian University league, or a European could go to a different country.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:32 PM   #325
Monaldinio
Bat Boy

Angry

How can I change the starting goalie.
I tray to change him in Lines-Menu but it doesn't work.
Monaldinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 02:53 PM   #326
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaldinio View Post
How can I change the starting goalie.
I tray to change him in Lines-Menu but it doesn't work.
Are you a GM Only? If that's the case, you can't.

You should be able to change him in Lines or just before a game by going to Lines - > and drag them to the spot you want. However if you're on the Fastspring version and it isn't working, use the checkmark boxes, click on his name on the left side, then click on the spot to place him.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:03 PM   #327
GMO123
Major Leagues

As a suggestion, maybe the number of 1st, 2nd and 3rd stars could be added to a player's profile, by career and/or by season.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 12:50 PM   #328
Colorado
Major Leagues

I notice that teams appoint new GMs and Head Coaches almost immediately after sacking someone. Often by the time the day has simulated, it's all be done.

How do we get the opportunity to apply for a job?
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 01:45 PM   #329
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
I notice that teams appoint new GMs and Head Coaches almost immediately after sacking someone. Often by the time the day has simulated, it's all be done.

How do we get the opportunity to apply for a job?
You don't get an opportunity to apply. If they want you, you'll get a Personal Message. Keep in mind, there's not a lot of jobs, so if you're early in your career with little reputation, it's going to take quite a while to build up a reputation.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:47 PM   #330
Izonli
Bat Boy

In the 1-3-1 powerplay where do my players end up? Which d man becomes the pointman and where does the rest end up on the ice?
Izonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:35 PM   #331
Colorado
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izonli View Post
In the 1-3-1 powerplay where do my players end up? Which d man becomes the pointman and where does the rest end up on the ice?
I think I've read before that it's the RD that stays back as the '1'.

It would be good if the game included a visual indication of this stuff at some point - like, dare I say it, EHM does.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 02:25 PM   #332
Eugus
Minors (Double A)

"Moving a player off a roster will lose all of his bonus points for that month, so be careful about shuttling players back and forth from the minors frequently, as it can impede their development."

Does this still happen if the player is moved during the off season?
Eugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 06:02 AM   #333
Monaldinio
Bat Boy

I need help. First of all, is there a promising tactics tendens and settings? What settings do you choose. I think I have a good team but the results are disappointing. My goalkeeper gets worse from season to season. But I have a very good goalkeeper coach. The checkboxes in training is set for the goalkeepers.
Monaldinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 02:24 PM   #334
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugus View Post
"Moving a player off a roster will lose all of his bonus points for that month, so be careful about shuttling players back and forth from the minors frequently, as it can impede their development."

Does this still happen if the player is moved during the off season?
No - offseason development is compressed into the training camp period (which is why you get the big development report then with a large number of changes), and that works a little differently than the regular in-season development. The player is basically developing on his own initiative in the offseason and doesn't benefit from your staff.
Old 12-26-2019, 03:54 PM   #335
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaldinio View Post
I need help. First of all, is there a promising tactics tendens and settings? What settings do you choose. I think I have a good team but the results are disappointing. My goalkeeper gets worse from season to season. But I have a very good goalkeeper coach. The checkboxes in training is set for the goalkeepers.
Check out the pinned thread just below this one.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=307213
Old 12-26-2019, 07:29 PM   #336
Izonli
Bat Boy

Are there any plans on bringing in stuff like retaining salary? Would be really nice if you are rebuilding a roster or shopping someone at the deadline.
Izonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #337
DaFabi
Bat Boy

Is there a file for the 3rd german league?

And a update Rooster for the DEL and DEL2 Season 19/20?
DaFabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:03 PM   #338
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izonli View Post
Are there any plans on bringing in stuff like retaining salary? Would be really nice if you are rebuilding a roster or shopping someone at the deadline.
Yeah, I've been doing some thinking about how to implement that. I think I have the part that affects the trade logic directly worked out, but there are still some complications to work out with the restrictions the NHL puts on retained salary deals.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:07 PM   #339
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFabi View Post
Is there a file for the 3rd german league?

And a update Rooster for the DEL and DEL2 Season 19/20?
No, there's no way to have a playable Oberliga right now. The top two leagues had their rosters updated in the November update, and will get another one in the next major update.
Old 12-27-2019, 04:19 PM   #340
DaFabi
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
No, there's no way to have a playable Oberliga right now. The top two leagues had their rosters updated in the November update, and will get another one in the next major update.

Okay thx.

For Landshut, DEL 2, there are some player they are not playing in Landshut at the moment.

When will the next update come out?
DaFabi is offline   Reply With Quote