Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 19 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-22-2019, 06:22 PM   #1
italyprof
All Star Reserve

My first OOTP 20 random debut league

So, things seem fixed. The weird AI drafting and the odd Contact ratings for modern players are no longer a problem with the definitive version of OOTP 20.

The inaugural draft class seems normal, with a slight upgrade over the ones in 19, but not so much that it makes it seem unrealistic.

I have started a new league: We start in 1947, using 5 year recalc, real stats. All players are from 1914 to 1964, and I will draft from years subsequent to that in the future.

The historical year for stats purposes is 1978 and I will keep to that year throughout the league history.

I changed a few franchises - The Braves play in Milwaukee, and we have the Baltimore Orioles, Montreal Expos, San Francisco Seals and Homestead Grays replacing a few of the historical franchises. But it is still 16 teams, no divisions.

I went to Interleague play because I want to see all the teams play my New York Yankees and see all the historical ballparks I am using from pstrickert's wonderful page of parks. So I went to Interleague play on, balanced schedule and 162 games. I don't know how it comes out for the schedule, but in theory a team can play all 7 opponents in its league 14 times, 98 games, and all 8 in the other league 8 times, 64 games, for a 162 game schedule of 16 teams.

My team looks like this:

Starting lineup:

LF Lou Brock
2B Jim Gilliam
1B Ferris Fain
RF Mickey Mantle (age 22)
CF Bill Bruton
3B Max Alvis
C Dave Duncan
SS Rabbit Maranville

Bench:

Marv Breeding, Roy Hughes, Al Weis, Debs Garms, Tim McCarver (aging), Cleon Jones, Al Zarilla

Starting Rotation:

Carl Erskine
Urban Shocker
Al Jackson
Ralph Terry
Red Ames

Bullpen:

Al Worthington
Clay Carrol
Firpo Mayberry
Morrie Martin
Mudcat Grant

Preseason Predictions put us at a likely 76-86 in Sixth place in the American League.

I think we can do better than that.

We have started at 2-2, dropping two of three to the Cleveland Blues (who will play in Blues Stadium) at home in the 1950s Yankee Stadium, then winning our first road game in Seattle's Sick Stadium against the Pilots.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote