Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 02-07-2019, 01:30 PM   #1
TheEquinox
Minors (Single A)

26 seasons into historic game, some problems

Hi there,

I started my history game in OOTP2017 and continued to play it in OOTP18 and now OOTP19. I just started my 26th season (1896) and I noticed a problem which makes it pretty impossible to stay competitive.

There's only a hand full really good players (4 stars or higher) left which are below 30 in age. The best players coming through the drafts have like 3 star potential and that's like 2 or 3 of them per season and sometimes they're even 27 or 30 already when drafted.

This leads to the problem that my team consists of >30 and some close to 40 year old players.

I'm not aware of historical correctness, but I don't think players in the 1890 were that much worse than in the 1870's and 1880's.

Is this a bug? Or is there anything in the settings I could change to get a more balanced distribution of ages?

Thanks.
TheEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:40 PM   #2
TheEquinox
Minors (Single A)

Oh, and before I forget it:

- When will the league structure change again? Maybe another expansion draft would balance things out again a bit? Currently I got an AL and a NL with one divison in each and 8 teams in each division.

AL
St. Louis Browns
Louisville Colonels
Baltimore Orioles
Washington Senators
Boston Reds (Me)
Columbus Solons
Milwaukee Brewers
Cleveland Spiders

NL
St. Louis Cardinals
Brooklyn Bridegrooms
Pittsburg Pirates
Cincinnati Reds
New York Giants
Boston Beaneaters
Philadelphia Phillies
Chicago Colts

Louisville in the AL and Pittsburg in the NL are totally dominating everything since they somehow got most of the remaining younger talented players divided up between them. My only star player is my 5/5 star 27 year old catcher, the rest are >30 2-3 star players or .5 / 2 star youngsters.

In the beginning of the game, I was managing the other Boston team which are now called Beaneaters (names are changing from season to season) and I won the World series 6 times between 1871 and 1885 as well as 10 titles in the NL in the same time. But then my team was completely wrecked, only grandpas with 1 star left and no AI controlled team would trade anything for it.

So I switched to the other Boston team, where I'm now finishing 3rd or 4th most of the time, not a single title yet and I feel like my team is getting worse and worse every season. AI won't trade like at all anymore. They sit on their young draftees and won't ever give them away until they're like 30 y.o.

I'm a bit clueless at this point.
TheEquinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:59 PM   #3
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

if you are using recalcification make sure you have development turned on as well or you may have 85 year olds in your league.

Last edited by Spritze; 02-09-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 06:03 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it's based on history, so you can google that asnwer as easily as i can don't know off the top of my head

you could try autocaclulating the modifiers before season starts. if you have seen the league averages drift too much, this is a likely cause. (stats and ai settings -- see manual for details). if league avarage has not drifted much, this won't do much realtive to what you see, obviously.

there's just a plethora of combinations of settings related to historical players and the ratings they use and how it plays out over time... too many possibilities to cover from that perspective.

things you can do is turn accuracy off and make sure what you are seeing is real. use settings that set potential at peak years instead of average or some sort of recalc 3 yr average etc etc.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:44 PM   #5
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

I have done several post 1871 play troughs and have never seen this before

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote