Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-18-2015, 07:14 PM   #1
Bengal57
Minors (Rookie Ball)

HELP! All time greats league

Hi, I am new to OOTP baseball but I am not new to strategy baseball, however I am having problems, and it is probably something easy I have not figured out yet but I need someones help. I want to make a historical all time greats league, I am not interested in front office stuff or trades or that, what I want to do is have just what I said. A league where every team has it's best players in franchise history on one team, I would like to also have minors, but first things first. How can I draft historical players from different seasons for one team? For example I am a Detroit Tigers fan, I wish to play Greenberg 1B, Gehringer 2b, Trammell SS, Kell 3B Gibson LF, Cobb CF, Veach or Kaline RF, how can I do this ? is it even possible? thank you

Last edited by Bengal57; 07-18-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Bengal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 07:54 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Have you given the All Time Greats quickstart that comes with the game? It's under the file menu/quickstarts. You probably have, but figured it might be worth a mention just in case you haven't seen it.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

If you want to make your own team create a text file of the player & the year you want to import him in. see attached. i suggest not using minors unless you have 20-30 minor league players per team, real or fictional. Some fictional guys will replace real players on teams you do not control.
Attached Files
File Type: txt White Sox 25.txt (397 Bytes, 202 views)
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #4
Bengal57
Minors (Rookie Ball)

depressed oh no!

I found way to draft the players i want but I am thinking there must be aq better way, I found out how to pick individual players out and then just draft them to the team I want them on. and I saved and backed up, however I logged in this morning and my computer had closed the game and I can't find it. I worked on it for like 6 hours getting the teams together. I want to jump out the window. so frustrated. I really like this game a lot but I must to be to stupid to play it and get what I am looking for. there has to be a better way .

Last edited by Bengal57; 07-22-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Bengal57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #5
swoboda
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
If you want to make your own team create a text file of the player & the year you want to import him in. see attached. i suggest not using minors unless you have 20-30 minor league players per team, real or fictional. Some fictional guys will replace real players on teams you do not control.
This is the method I use. Import the players as free agents then go into each player under edit mode and assign them to the team you wish. It is a bit laborious but it works I've been doing it for years

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 03:22 PM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

I know David Watts mentioned this already, but there is a Quickstart game that comes with OOTP that is basically almost exactly what you were describing. If you're struggling with the complexity of creating something from scratch, then I would highly recommend you try it.

To try it, load up the game. Then on the main screen, select "new Quickstart" ( or whatever the words are, I don't have the game in front of me right now. It's an option on the right side. )

Select the all-time greats league, select a name for your saved game, and start. After it generates the game, you will have a chance to name your manager and sign him to a particular team. And away you go!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 12:08 AM   #7
Jeffy25
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
If you don't mind helping further explain to a novice like me.

I am wanting to do this specifically....but I have a couple of questions.

If I want to have 1944 Stan Musial, will it have his 41-43 stats in the game? Or will he pop up as if he's never played before?

And physically, how do I import him into my March 31, 2015 start date? Do I remove a player? In the text file, where do I go and do this?

I'm sorry, I just don't know how to physically do this, and where I'll find the player.
Jeffy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:08 PM   #8
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
If you don't mind helping further explain to a novice like me.

I am wanting to do this specifically....but I have a couple of questions.

If I want to have 1944 Stan Musial, will it have his 41-43 stats in the game? Or will he pop up as if he's never played before?

And physically, how do I import him into my March 31, 2015 start date? Do I remove a player? In the text file, where do I go and do this?

I'm sorry, I just don't know how to physically do this, and where I'll find the player.
So, you just want to import Stan the Man or do you want other historical players in your game? If you just want 1944 Stan Musial imported into your game, go into commish mode. Once in commish mode, you can either import him into the draft pool (you might be doing an inaugural draft - I'm not sure), or the free agent pool.

I'm not in the draft period right now, so I don't know how the draft screen looks exactly, but I know it's similar to the free agent screen. The free agent screen has from left to right "All Free Agents", "International Amateur FA", "Posted Players", "Pending Offers" and "Upcoming FA". To the far right (only when in commish mode) is a button that says "Available Actions". Click on that button. One of your options will be "Import historical player(s)". Click on that. Select historical_database.odb (the game should be in the "stats" folder) and click the "confirm" button.

You will now get a screen that says "Historical Player Import Options". In the space that says "Enter Historical Player ID (i.e. ruthba01):", put "musiast01" (without the quote marks - that's Stan's Historical Player ID). In the space that says "Enter Season Year", put "1944" (again without the quote marks). Leave the box that says "Keep selected season's statistics in player career stats" unchecked. If you want Musial to go into the draft pool check the box "Import player(s) into draft pool".

Then choose whether to base current ratings on Real or Neutralized Stats (I believe Neutralized is recommended when teleporting players like this, but choose what you want), choose what to base potential ratings on (I use Remaining Years of Career, but again it's up to you). Choose what to base fielding ratings and pitcher stamina on (I use three years, but you may want "imported season" as it sounds like that's what you're interested in). Choose whether to generate random L/R splits (I usually choose this because the game has no idea what they really were).

Next is Adjust Hitters/Weaken Hitters. I usually knock adjust hitters down to fewer than 200 AB, and leave Weaken hitters, Adjust pitchers/Weaken pitchers at the default settings of 50, 40, and 10 respectively, but again it's up to you.

Got all that? Good...Now click on the "Import Player" button, and Stan the Man should import to either your draft pool or your free agent pool depending on what you selected. If he's a draftee, he gets drafted wherever. If he's a free agent, he's free to sign with whatever team is the highest bidder, or you can assign him to a team (assuming you're still in commish mode), by going into his editor page where you should find a heading that reads "Team Information, Select new Team" about two thirds of the way down the left side of the page. There's a bar there that says "No league selected". Click on that and click on the league you want him in. The bar just below that will now say: "None (Free Agent)". Click on that and select the team you want him on...St. Louis Cardinals I presume? (If, of course they're in your league).

How do I know all this crap? Lots of screwing around with all kinds of settings over the years. Don't worry if you mess up. Keep trying and you'll get it eventually. Good to see an old Moguler around here. Take care.

EDIT: I'm not sure if Stan's 1941 through 1943 numbers will show up is his in-game stats line or not, as I always import players in their rookie seasons. I'll check that out in my game.

EDIT 2: He imported successfully into my game as a 23 year old 1B/RF (I did use three year for fielding ratings though, so yours may differ if you decide to use "imported season"). Interestingly enough, his trophy case shows his 1943 MVP award and his 1943 All-Star selection. There are no stats showing for previous seasons, although he does have 5 years worth of service time, which is more than he really had at that time. Wait, I know why that is...It's because I used the Spritze database, which takes players straight out of HS and has Stan's "first season" as 1938, even though he didn't break into the big leagues until 1941. Carry on...Nothing to see here. All should be well.

EDIT 3: You could remove a player if you want to, but you don't have to.

Last edited by actionjackson; 02-04-2016 at 07:57 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote