Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 10:27 PM   #121
omjo
Minors (Triple A)

Can't wait for the next update.

EDIT: Will we be able to hire a head coach? I know we are able to be both, but I'd much rather prefer to hire somebody to work out coaching stuff.

As I have it now, I have assistant fixing all the coaching stuff. Would be better if a real head coach was behind it.

And I can finally fire Eakins >

Last edited by omjo; 01-20-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:42 AM   #122
Puckhead
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tran View Post
Sebby, perhaps you should stick to fixing the broken game and refrain from hostile exchanges with customers.
I don't know about you, but I look forward the day when i can recommend to my friends that they buy this game.

And right now, I can't. I'd actually feel really bad if someone bought this game at my recommendation.
Uh. Yeah, he's aware that several things of the game need the attention of the devs. But someone who's comparing the attitude of the devs with something like the apartheid should be warned. This is not a civil way to express constructive critisim plus it's very unnecessary to draw this false comparison. When I first read this, I couldn't believe it.

I'd recommend to close this thread, too. If you guys (dev team) are able to give us rough estimates for the next release, it would be great if you would also note it in the Sebastians Update Thread.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:54 AM   #123
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Sebby, perhaps you should stick to fixing the broken game and refrain from hostile exchanges with customers.
I don't know about you, but I look forward the day when i can recommend to my friends that they buy this game.

And right now, I can't. I'd actually feel really bad if someone bought this game at my recommendation.
I think the '1. You crossed a line here and I will warn you just once: keep your posts fair or you will not post again here!' wasn't really hostile but a good bit of advice to forum users. Bringing black segregation into a forum about an ice hockey game probably was a bit too far. All that was suggested was having a separate thread for people to rant and let off steam.

I think Seb's posts recently especially his update thread are very constructive and are showing the way forward for this game, how they are dealing with bugs and developing some of the areas of the game that needed a bit of work.

Again I think this thread has served its purpose and needs to be locked. It has turned in to the usual debacle of those for and against the game.

I have been critical of the game but I can see changes/improvements being made and the communication with the dev team is much better. People need to start backing off a bit and wait until the next patch comes out and see where the game is after that. People also need to stop regurgitating the same old issues. It is highlighting that some people have either not played the game, not played the game for a while or not installed updates or might not even be customers anymore. Let it go guys!!!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #124
TheAlaskan
Minors (Single A)

Sebby was well within reason to make a tough but fair warning.

I had been trying for a few days to get a response from the dev team in a separate thread, and while it wasn't an immediate response, Sebby took the time to read and understand my concerns and said he will look into it. Whether or not that issue gets fixed, I'm satisfied with being heard and hopefully helping to make this game better.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #125
tran
Minors (Single A)

There was more to Sebby's thread than the quip about apartheid.

Quote:
1. You crossed a line here and I will warn you just once: keep your posts fair or you will not post again here!

2. Looking at your posts you complain and complain and complain. Nothing I write makes you happy, clearly we are not able to make a game that will make you happy. So my question is: why do you continue to post here? Just leaf us, play another game that is better in your opinion (or write one yourself) and have fun. As you know, we are very open to give full refunds, so that is not a problem.

3. "you cannot even freaking sign your players or hire staff for the team..."
I hate posts like this, they don't help you and they don't help us. Did you post somewhere what exactly does not work with a) signing your own player and b) hire staff for your team? Please give me the link and I'm happy to look into it.
I don't care what Sebby likes for posts.
I don't want Sebby looking up people's post histories and inviting them to leave.

I have one concern.
Make my game better. Update me on the progress.

Other than that, I don't see what else we need to hear from him.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:12 PM   #126
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I have one concern.

Other than that, I don't see what else we need to hear from him.
Really? You don't care about his thoughts on anything else in the world but updating the game? Thats a bit narrow-minded, no?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:58 PM   #127
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearishRiggs View Post

I'm sure you guys are aware of this. The fact of the matter is, I haven't touched this game in months, and I know I'm not alone. That's truly a shame.
This.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:40 AM   #128
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:

They make the game better - they´re communicating progress on a regular basis now

Honestly, who still cares what you want after endless ranting and QQ'ing like a 4 year old child.

Have some patience and wait for the patch like everyone else or get a life and visit a psychiatrist - honestly, i think you could need one

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 01-22-2014, 01:00 AM   #129
traveler99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
They make the game better - they´re communicating progress on a regular basis now

Honestly, who still cares what you want after endless ranting and QQ'ing like a 4 year old child.

Have some patience and wait for the patch like everyone else or get a life and visit a psychiatrist - honestly, i think you could need one
Don't you have anything else to say but attack people personally almost on every post you make? gives real good picture of people in here when someone disagrees you go all personal insults/attacks immediately...this will be my last post here, i give up like Sebastian says go play other games and i will, you have fun in here, i won't be coming back for 2015 edition i tried but developer keeps telling me don't bother. Enjoy your community, i won't be part of it anymore. Peace.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:04 AM   #130
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler99 View Post
Don't you have anything else to say but attack people personally almost on every post you make? gives real good picture of people in here when someone disagrees you go all personal insults/attacks immediately...this will be my last post here, i give up like Sebastian says go play other games and i will, you have fun in here, i won't be coming back for 2015 edition i tried but developer keeps telling me don't bother. Enjoy your community, i won't be part of it anymore. Peace.
Okay, and this will be my post about all this bc, quite frankly, it's old. I have monitored your posts, well, a vast majority, and everyone I read had some condescending remark. You're the one who seems to be on the attack here. It's like this game was only made for YOU, and now since it doesn't live up to YOUR expectations you've got an axe to grind. You haven't added anything that hasn't already been said. So why continue with the tantrums? You want to prove you are some badass? You like to argue? I know Hockey has that, but it shouldn't be that way here. Do you agree?

Please,.....for your own personal well-being: seek medical help. Modern medicine is wondrous!

We wish you all the best on your new path of alternate gaming entertainment!

Sincerely,
All/most/none of the posters on this thread.

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
Old 01-22-2014, 02:26 AM   #131
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
.this will be my last post here, i give up like Sebastian says go play other games and i will, you have fun in here, i won't be coming back for 2015 edition i tried but developer keeps telling me don't bother. Enjoy your community, i won't be part of it anymore. Peace.

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 01-22-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:46 AM   #132
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
You could f.e. check the user activities on the forum and then you´ll see that i´m usually very supportive concerning players/devs/admin.
On the other side Tran is the only(!) one who basically attacks the devs, rants and QQ's since day 1 of his activities.
Therefore i took myself the freedom to let some steam off and gave him the reply he deserves - point.
I think most of the players here incl. the makers will understand that

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 01-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #133
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I think this thread is not longer helpful (to inform people of the 1.5.20 version) so I will close it now and open a new one which has the initial info available.