Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2013, 01:31 PM   #61
batdad
Minors (Single A)

No most people do not want the editing. Some people want the editing to all be functional. MANY PEOPLE WANT THE GAME TO ACTUALLy BE EASY TO USE, NOT BREAK DOWN and TO HAVE IT FEEL LIKE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WIth HOCKEY....not just random number generators. I can get that for free as an app (random number generator)

That being said....the nuts and bolts of this game are slowly...almost glacially improving...and with 2 people seemingly doing all the work, maybe just maybe that is a decent pace.

Get the basics of making this a hockey sim game down...then work on the additions like the freaking teams on the moon.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #62
truebatman
Minors (Double A)

the people ive talked to, its correct to say "most" want editing... of course, theres no way to tell if more want editing or not its just each persons personal wants but I for one really want editing but only when they can do it where it works, like its been said it must be a pretty big hurdle but hopefully it'll get working properly at some point.
truebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #63
Baileycjj
Minors (Single A)

Opening day roster and Nov 24th roster

Not sure if anyone has had this happen. I didn't see anything posted in this tab...I click the Nov 24th roster and it is the same roster that came with the original download. I'm not using a MAC. I'm using the Red Wings and Dan Cleary isn't on the roster but is a free agent? Did I do something incorrect?
Baileycjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #64
ViktorK.95
Bat Boy

''Dragging and dropping a player into an even-strength line on the lineup screen should now swap that player with the target, rather than just overwriting him.''

The problem is that the players always swaps, and i cant move on if i have open spots in my lineup.
I currently play in a league were i cant have more than 20 players dressed at the same time.
To be able to move on i need to fill every spot of my lineup, which is 22 players...

Is there anyway to fix this??
ViktorK.95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #65
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViktorK.95 View Post
''Dragging and dropping a player into an even-strength line on the lineup screen should now swap that player with the target, rather than just overwriting him.''

The problem is that the players always swaps, and i cant move on if i have open spots in my lineup.
I currently play in a league were i cant have more than 20 players dressed at the same time.
To be able to move on i need to fill every spot of my lineup, which is 22 players...

Is there anyway to fix this??
???....a full lineup in modern hockey is 20 players - so you dress 20 and make your lineup

I really don´t understand the problem here

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #66
redtiger7
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
???....a full lineup in modern hockey is 20 players - so you dress 20 and make your lineup

I really don´t understand the problem here
If you have only 6 defense men dressed, for example, you can't slot anyone in on the fourth line.
redtiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #67
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtiger7 View Post
If you have only 6 defense men dressed, for example, you can't slot anyone in on the fourth line.
which 4th line ??? you mean a 4th dD-line? ....there is no 4th D-line, never, nowhere

F - F - F
F - F - F
F - F - F
F - F - F

D - D
D - D
D - D

G - G

...this is how the lineup should look like - 20 players

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 12-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #68
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
which 4th line ??? you mean a 4th dD-line? ....there is no 4th D-line, never, nowhere

F - F - F
F - F - F
F - F - F
F - F - F

D - D
D - D
D - D

G - G

Have you ever heard of European hockey?
Old 12-13-2013, 02:53 AM   #69
hluraven
Major Leagues

Quote:

F - F - F
F - F - F
F - F - F
F - F - F

D - D
D - D
D - D

G - G

Just because the NHL has that, doesn't mean all leagues do. There are plenty of leagues that can have 22 players dressed and 4 D pairs. It's also possible in 20-man rosters to have extra Dmen dressed if you so wish rather than a full fourth line of forwards.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:35 AM   #70
pens66
Major Leagues

In the DEL you can have a max of 21 players dressed. I don't even know how the game handles that.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #71
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Have you ever heard of European hockey?
...Last time i checked my hometown Vienna Capitals, they were still playing with 3 D-pairings

is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 12-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #72
hluraven
Major Leagues

Quote:
...Last time i checked my hometown Vienna Capitals, they were still playing with 3 D-pairings

Check again. Last Vienna Capitals game they had 22 players dressed.
hluraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #73
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
In the DEL you can have a max of 21 players dressed. I don't even know how the game handles that.
I can't believe nobody noticed this: The game can't handle it!

The AI only dresses 20 players in the DEL and if you try to dress 21, i.e. you dress a 7th defenseman, you can still only create three defensive pairings, because you can't ever have any empty spots and can't double shift players.
That means you can only use six defenseman in even strength situations and have one spare guy who can only be used on special teams.

Amazing...
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #74
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How many players had they on their roster when you checked?

(To be clear... IF they didn't use 22 players it wouldn't mean that they are not able to use them. And I don't know what rules are in EBEL anyway. I mentioned European hockey but didn't mean all European leagues - for example DEL has 21 players limit, KHL can use 22 players, etc...)