Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
bob
Minors (Double A)

2 questions here

The first player will be on draft because we can go back in time with a new feature. My question is : Players who's having a good career and has been selected in 3rd,4th,5th.6th.7th.8th and 9th round will be good as they we're in the past or they're gonna be better? Ill give you an example ; Pavel Datsyuk has been drafted in Round 6, is he gonna be a nowhere player or he's gonna be recognized as a good player to be draft in first round ?

Is there a fantasy draft feature and will it be available in historic mode ?
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
The first player will be on draft because we can go back in time with a new feature. My question is : Players who's having a good career and has been selected in 3rd,4th,5th.6th.7th.8th and 9th round will be good as they we're in the past or they're gonna be better? Ill give you an example ; Pavel Datsyuk has been drafted in Round 6, is he gonna be a nowhere player or he's gonna be recognized as a good player to be draft in first round ?

Is there a fantasy draft feature and will it be available in historic mode ?
Datsyuk will be recognized as a great player and go in the first round. The AI will know the players true potential just like the user does.

In other words real world busts will not be drafted nearly as high in historical play as they did in real life...funny because in the game world the biggest busts will not be as such.

It's a shame in a way...but I completely understand it from a fun factor perspective. Still what makes drafting fun are the possibilities of busts and that won't happen in historical play from the sound sof it. I wish they could replicate the rankings similar to the real life picks and have it as optional. Sorry for rambling on here...
Old 07-30-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
QMJHL_GUY

What will be interesting is the how the game engine handles possible busts. As you said yes Datsyuk will likely go 1st round, but then the game will have a certain percentage of 1st rounders bust. So in your histotic mode Datsyuk could go top-10 and completely bust, which would be quite ironic. You could also have many top-10 players go in round 3 and become great players, like Benoit Pouliot, Gilbert Brule or Nik Zherdev.
QMJHL_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
Nino33
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHL_GUY View Post
What will be interesting is the how the game engine handles possible busts. As you said yes Datsyuk will likely go 1st round, but then the game will have a certain percentage of 1st rounders bust. So in your histotic mode Datsyuk could go top-10 and completely bust, which would be quite ironic. You could also have many top-10 players go in round 3 and become great players, like Benoit Pouliot, Gilbert Brule or Nik Zherdev.
Hmmm...what makes you think this? The impression I've gotten from previous JeffR posts is in the historical mode just like there won't be any "late round gems" there won't be any "1st round busts" (and top 10 players will be picked top 10, not in the 3rd round)

Last edited by Nino33; 07-30-2013 at 09:14 AM. Reason: corrected typo
Nino33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino33 View Post
Hmmm...what makes you think this? The impression I've gotten from previous JeffR posts is in the historical mode just like there won't be any "late round gems" there won't be any "1st round busts" (and top 10 players will be picked top 10, not in the 3rd round)
That's exactly what I got from his posts too. Qguy, I think you might be mistaken?

In a way the draft loses a lot of fun in historical play. Really there is just 1 round that matters and all the rest are there just for show.

I guess player development can be tweaked as well to change the players career path based on his in game dev opposed to real life but it makes it difficult to even warrant playing historical in my mind if you do that.

Last edited by dave1927p; 07-30-2013 at 03:59 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #6
benspit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

2 questions here

I haven't seen JeffR's comments on this specifically but I'd like to think that it comes down to scouting. If a team has poor scouts then the chances of them not noticing/recognizing a players potential increases.

EHM was like this and I was always picking up late round gems - I hope that FHM is just the same.
benspit is offline   Reply With Quote