Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2008, 01:37 AM   #1
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Question City Listing Problem

I have just finished setting up a game with the Historical League Creation Wizard. I have adjusted the names & nicknames of some of the AAA & AA teams. I have also very closely followed the game manual instructions and edited the text file for the list of cities by adding Peoria, IL. I was able to edit the ball park weather however, on the teams home page, under "Select Exact City", it does not list any choices for me to be able to pick Peoria, IL!!!!

Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:17 PM   #2
Sdpm100
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
I have just finished setting up a game with the Historical League Creation Wizard. I have adjusted the names & nicknames of some of the AAA & AA teams. I have also very closely followed the game manual instructions and edited the text file for the list of cities by adding Peoria, IL. I was able to edit the ball park weather however, on the teams home page, under "Select Exact City", it does not list any choices for me to be able to pick Peoria, IL!!!!

Does anyone have an idea of what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks
Did you edit the weather file after you had already started up the league setup of this league? If so, the changes you made to the weather file don't take affect until you start a new game.

EDIT - I may have misread you as Peoria, Illinois, is in the original text file already.

Last edited by Sdpm100; 07-24-2008 at 01:19 PM.
Sdpm100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdpm100 View Post
I may have misread you as Peoria, Illinois, is in the original text file already.
Although Peoria is in the original file, he said he "added" it, which may be part of the problem's source.

Personally, I ran into the same problem, but the sources of my complication were (1) the city names were not spelled correctly, and (2) I'd changed the cities.txt file after I'd already started my league, and the database of cities is frozen for a league as soon as it's created.
FL New Orleans Black Sox ’56 ’57 ’58 ’59
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #4
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Exclamation

Thanks guys for the info. I had added Peoria since it was not showing up correctly when I had created the league. I'll have to check and see if it comes up in my 2nd creation.

I'm still not sure why it would not be listed if it was in the original text file???
Old 07-31-2008, 12:11 AM   #5
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Smile

I just did another league set up using Advanced Mode and every thing city-wise worked out fine. I believe using the advanced mode is better than using the wizard.

Thanks again for the help!!
Old 09-10-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
clamel
All Star Starter

I always find problems with Havre De Grace, Md (Cal Ripken)

When import the town isnดt found, but editing Cal and Billy it is found.
Also think the Navajoa,102170,124,Sonora,27.08,-109.45 is different from Lahmanns DB. It should be Navojoa. Fernando Valenzuela.

Guess we have similar problems on many cities.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #7
K300
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchel View Post
Although Peoria is in the original file, he said he "added" it, which may be part of the problem's source.

Personally, I ran into the same problem, but the sources of my complication were (1) the city names were not spelled correctly, and (2) I'd changed the cities.txt file after I'd already started my league, and the database of cities is frozen for a league as soon as it's created.
There needs to be a "force update" for the cities database, just as there is for just about everything else.

Are there workarounds of any sort?
K300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:02 AM   #8
Orange Lobster
Bat Boy

I have run into yet another problem in the cities.txt file.

I was creating a game based on the Mexican League. Things were going fine until I added a minor league and read "Gzmez Palacio" instead of "Gomez Palacio." This rather glaring error caused me to examine cities.txt with Notepad. I found several other instances of this same Gzmez for Gomez error, as well as Lzpez for Lopez. There may be others of this kind, but these stuck out. I think this was an inadvertent result of a mass save/replace operation on a portion of the file.

For this reason, as well as those in prior posts, I am convinced that cities.txt cries out for a major proofreading job before OOTP 10 comes out.
Orange Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
satchel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Lobster View Post
I have run into yet another problem in the cities.txt file.

I was creating a game based on the Mexican League. Things were going fine until I added a minor league and read "Gzmez Palacio" instead of "Gomez Palacio." This rather glaring error caused me to examine cities.txt with Notepad. I found several other instances of this same Gzmez for Gomez error, as well as Lzpez for Lopez. There may be others of this kind, but these stuck out. I think this was an inadvertent result of a mass save/replace operation on a portion of the file.

For this reason, as well as those in prior posts, I am convinced that cities.txt cries out for a major proofreading job before OOTP 10 comes out.
That Lzpez for L๓pez error is a result of a misreading of the special character , which also affects names such as G๓mez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K300 View Post
There needs to be a "force update" for the cities database, just as there is for just about everything else.

Are there workarounds of any sort?
No workarounds that I'm aware of, and my online league has suffered for it, for various reasons, not the least of which is that I shortened Saint to St in cities and parishes I'd added to the master cities.txt list, but all the original ones still have the old full forms of the names, and now there's no way to reconcile them. I sincerely wish there was a way to refresh this list with my new constructions.
FL New Orleans Black Sox ’56 ’57 ’58 ’59
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote