Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-12-2005, 03:30 PM   #101
SunDevil
Major Leagues

I am having problems with the schedule as well. I installed everything fine, (been playing since OOTP 4) and decided to do the reset league, release all players, fantasy draft option and my schedule was lost and the date was set to 0/0/2005.

I have since tried importing a new schedule and also just generating one in the game, this works, but the date stays the same (0/0/2005) and I can not set a season start date or the date for the all star game.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:32 PM   #102
SunDevil
Major Leagues

Okay I was able to fix it. I just replace the schedule file in my league directory with the schedule attached on page 3.
Old 04-12-2005, 03:36 PM   #103
SunDevil
Major Leagues

Nope I was wrong, the schedule sticked, but the actual date for the league is still set for 0/0/2005
Old 04-12-2005, 03:39 PM   #104
SunDevil
Major Leagues

After simulating a day on the schedule, the schedule says 4/4/2005, but my date in my league in the top right corner of the game now says 1/1/2005
Old 04-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #105
SunDevil
Major Leagues

Alright, I reinstalled the league files with the installer. I then went into league setup and selected the option to "Reset, Release all players, Fantasy Draft" and after that action was completed my date went from 3/30/2005 to 0/0/2005. Hopefully someone can fix this.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:05 PM   #106
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

good News

i found a solution

download Halofan updated roster 4/9/05 found in the mod forum

then open the league file and copy the schedule.dat from it

and paste it into the MLB 2005 for ootp6.lg folder that you install using Eriqjaffe's MLB 2005 full installer and update installer

and start game and schedule will work well.

Eriqjaffe's MLB 2005 full installer and update installer needs to be fix, so it install the schedule.dat.

as i can see now Eriqjaffe's MLB 2005 full installer and update installer never install the schedule.dat. that why your seeing a blank schedule and the date ,0/0/0/05 in the game

Eriqjaffe
there no need to remove halofan schedule.dat. because its updated for 2005 and he change his team ids for the national East because of washington. and it works.

it looks like the installer deleted the schedule.dat from halofan roster because its missing when using your installer.

Last edited by jbmagic; 04-12-2005 at 04:19 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 04:06 PM   #107
SunDevil
Major Leagues

Ok last post on this subject. I noticed that when you use the installer to install the league the schedule file is called schedule.tmp. So if you start this league for the first time, no schedule is loaded. So what I did was install the schedule from page 3 into the league directory and then try the reset league option with fantasy draft and the schedule and the league date preserved and maintained the 3/30/2005 value. So something for the creators of this package to look at. BTW this is a great mod minus the schedule issue.

P.S. I am using the 4/9 installer on page 1.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:41 PM   #108
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil
Ok last post on this subject. I noticed that when you use the installer to install the league the schedule file is called schedule.tmp. So if you start this league for the first time, no schedule is loaded. So what I did was install the schedule from page 3 into the league directory and then try the reset league option with fantasy draft and the schedule and the league date preserved and maintained the 3/30/2005 value. So something for the creators of this package to look at. BTW this is a great mod minus the schedule issue.

P.S. I am using the 4/9 installer on page 1.
its because the installer didnt install the schedule.dat

it looks like the installer remove halofan schedule.dat file he had in his roster.

Halofan schedule dat is the real 2005 schedule.

there was no need for eriqjaffe to include a schedule. dat. he just has to have the installer copy halofan schedule.dat because it already updated for 2005.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:50 PM   #109
SunDevil
Major Leagues

jbmagic,

Yes I know, it seems lately you have difficulty reading peoples posts. Check my post right above yours.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:15 PM   #110
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
its because the installer didnt install the schedule.dat

it looks like the installer remove halofan schedule.dat file he had in his roster.
The original installer included the schedule file that Halofan included.
Quote:
Halofan schedule dat is the real 2005 schedule.
Originally, he had the 2004 schedule in there. I refer you to Halofan's post about this back on page 2 of this thread.

Quote:
there was no need for eriqjaffe to include a schedule. dat. he just has to have the installer copy halofan schedule.dat because it already updated for 2005.
There was, originally. There isn't any more, however. I admit, however, that I neglected to include a schedule.dat file with the full installer. I am uploading a corrected version to my site as I type. Give it about ten minutes.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:43 PM   #111
jbmagic
Hall Of Famer

eriqjaffe

thanks for the fix.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:47 PM   #112
Malleus Dei
Hall Of Famer

I would like to commend everyone involved in this project for their contributions to the community. Good job, guys.

If you're playing pre-1947 American baseball, then the All-American Mod (a namefiles/ethnicites/nation/cities file pack) is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
MD has disciples.
Malleus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:06 PM   #113
vtgregulator
Bat Boy

I don't typically use the forums, but I have been playing OOTP since version 4. I don't mean to be picky, so please don't take this the wrong way. The Baltimore Orioles roster is off in a few ways. Melvin Mora's stats are way off. Their rotation and relievers are wrong in a few spots. Their 40 man roster is off in a lot of ways. There are even players in their minor league system and a couple on the big league roster that are not even in their organization. In fact, there are even a couple of pitchers who weren't invited to spring training who are on the opening day roster in the roster set. Also, there are quite a few players who were in the O's farm system in your past roster sets, and are still with the organization, but they are not in the farm system in your newest roster set. I only bring this to your attention, because if there are this many mistakes in the O's organization, then it is quite possible that other organizations are wrong too. Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate your work, and I realize it takes quite a bit of time. If I knew how to alter the files and package them in an installer then I would definitely try it. Just thought I would make mention of this, so that whenever you get around to your next update you can consider some of these things. Hope this helps.
vtgregulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:11 PM   #114
<o>
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgregulator
I don't typically use the forums, but I have been playing OOTP since version 4. I don't mean to be picky, so please don't take this the wrong way. The Baltimore Orioles roster is off in a few ways. Melvin Mora's stats are way off. Their rotation and relievers are wrong in a few spots. Their 40 man roster is off in a lot of ways. There are even players in their minor league system and a couple on the big league roster that are not even in their organization. In fact, there are even a couple of pitchers who weren't invited to spring training who are on the opening day roster in the roster set. Also, there are quite a few players who were in the O's farm system in your past roster sets, and are still with the organization, but they are not in the farm system in your newest roster set. I only bring this to your attention, because if there are this many mistakes in the O's organization, then it is quite possible that other organizations are wrong too. Don't get me wrong, I very much appreciate your work, and I realize it takes quite a bit of time. If I knew how to alter the files and package them in an installer then I would definitely try it. Just thought I would make mention of this, so that whenever you get around to your next update you can consider some of these things. Hope this helps.
You should probably post that in Halofan's thread in the mods forum, it might get seen better by him there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atarizx3
Hooray for Haliburton! Keeping overseas American casualities to a minimum since 2004!
<o> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:41 AM   #115
lynchjm24
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Thanks for the help everyone and thanks for putting this together Eriq and of course thanks to DD and Halofan for their huge contribution too.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:25 AM   #116
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

I have a stickied thread! I'm all giddy!

Old 04-15-2005, 08:23 PM   #117
esb_elk
Bat Boy

Help Please

I downloaded the 2005 roster set and also the schedule that was listed on page 3 of this link. Everything worked ok for the first 1 1/2 years.

However, it is now July 12, 2006 and I am at the All Star Break. Unfortunately, I can't play anymore because neither All star roster is filled. Everytime I try to sim this game it says 'has no players on the roster. Maximum is 25.'

Any suggestions on how to help get past this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed
esb_elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:49 PM   #118
tim_uwrf
Hall Of Famer

%BùQUOTE%D%CÁesb_elk%D

Sorry%C± somethign is messed up. Anyway%C¡ I would try the All-Star utility that was made for OOTP5 or 4. Don't know if it will work%C¡ but it might.

Last edited by tim_uwrf; 04-17-2005 at 12:51 PM.
tim_uwrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:28 AM   #119
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

If the All-Star Editor doesn't work, you can always manually edit the schedule and delete the All-Star game. Not optimal, but at least you'll be able to continue the season.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:50 AM   #120
mn3tpg
Minors (Single A)

OK, i just trawled through six pages and no one else has my problem so I assume I'm being dumb!!

I ran the installer and when I open my league the database is just perfect but non of the graphics appear. They're all in the league folder but not appearing in the game..???

I'm using 6.11 if that makes a difference??

Thanks