Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #1
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Any Way To Help?

I suppose the best way I can help is just being patient and encouraging others to be patient, but is there anything else that I could do?

Are we going to have NFL rights? I could make facegens for every NFL player. I actually already have Tom Brady, Belichick, Pete Carroll, Mike Ditka, Bill Walsh, and Marv Levy made because I use them in OOTP.

They aren't my best work, because I made them a while ago and I've since learned how to make the skin tone look less orange or in other cases, blue.

Name:  brady.png
Views: 1025
Size:  26.5 KB
Name:  bill.png
Views: 1026
Size:  36.2 KB
Name:  ditka.png
Views: 1006
Size:  37.4 KB

To show you how far I've come from that, I'd have to say my Aziz is pretty on point.

Name:  aziz.png
Views: 1000
Size:  37.3 KB

I just figured making a whole bunch of facegens is really tedious busy work that you guys shouldn't be wasting time on right now.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:13 AM   #2
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I can say with near certainty (although it's only an educated guess and anything is possible) the game will not have an NFL license. I can also say with certainty that even if it does, the main programmers would not be the ones spending time on creating Facegens.

All that being said your Facegens are really good! I really hope this game has Facegen as that would increase immersion so much. I also hope there is a way to have Facegens with hair/no hat as that looks much more like football, but I believe there is some difficulty around that. I most definitely wouldn't spend tons of time creating Facegend until you have confirmation it is in and what the format is. It would be really cool if it is in if the developers released templates so the mods community could get started.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:00 AM   #3
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I can say with near certainty (although it's only an educated guess and anything is possible) the game will not have an NFL license. I can also say with certainty that even if it does, the main programmers would not be the ones spending time on creating Facegens.

All that being said your Facegens are really good! I really hope this game has Facegen as that would increase immersion so much. I also hope there is a way to have Facegens with hair/no hat as that looks much more like football, but I believe there is some difficulty around that. I most definitely wouldn't spend tons of time creating Facegend until you have confirmation it is in and what the format is. It would be really cool if it is in if the developers released templates so the mods community could get started.

Well, OOTP uses a third-party for facegens, and then imports them into a template I believe. So, they will have to change the template to be a football uniform and probably a helmet (or at least I hope so). If they don't add a helmet, I don't know how they are going to do hair.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:05 AM   #4
polydamas
All Star Reserve

How about news stories though? I imagine there is a lot of work to be done with those.

I am an amateur writer/editor.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #5
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

It would be UNBELIEVABLE if they could do facegens with hair instead of a hat

Or at least had the option for a modder to do it.

Also, that Bill Belicheck is unbelievable. How do you do it? From a picture or do you have to design it yourself?

Been playing since OOTP '08

Avatar is a picture of me drawn by one of my students a few years ago

(My real name is not Rosco, nor do I live anywhere near Peabody)
Old 09-03-2018, 04:01 PM   #6
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco Peabody View Post
It would be UNBELIEVABLE if they could do facegens with hair instead of a hat

Or at least had the option for a modder to do it.

Also, that Bill Belicheck is unbelievable. How do you do it? From a picture or do you have to design it yourself?
https://facegen.com/modeller.htm

That is the software that they use. It's actually really easy to use. I don't even bother to get side shots.

The trickiest part is skin tone. You can either go through pic after pic until you find one that works, or you can try to fix it with the sliders (which is hit or miss).

I use the demo. It will put a watermark on the forehead, but for OOTP purposes that is conveniently covered with a hat. That's why I'd want a helmet for FoF19.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:37 PM   #7
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

That's pretty cool. Is that kind of like the software that OOTP uses themselves?

Also, if that company can figure out how to do hair, then hopefully that bodes well for FOF getting hair on their facegen in the future

Old 09-03-2018, 10:13 PM   #8
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
That's pretty cool. Is that kind of like the software that OOTP uses themselves?

Also, if that company can figure out how to do hair, then hopefully that bodes well for FOF getting hair on their facegen in the future
I assume they bought the enterprise version.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:29 AM   #9
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
I assume they bought the enterprise version.

Do they use the same company though? If they do, there should be no problem putting hair on

Old 09-05-2018, 12:43 PM   #10
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Do they use the same company though? If they do, there should be no problem putting hair on
99.9% sure they do.

They might have to buy another license, but it does seem that they will be able to have facegens in uniform with hair.

I don't know if they plan on doing it for this release though.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #11
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

It would be great if someone with inner working knowledge of the OOTP Facegen could confirm that 1. this is what they use and 2. Their goal (at least for future versions) would be to have guys with hair in their facegen

Old 09-07-2018, 05:48 PM   #12
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It would be great if someone with inner working knowledge of the OOTP Facegen could confirm that 1. this is what they use and 2. Their goal (at least for future versions) would be to have guys with hair in their facegen
I'm not the answer you want regarding inner workings and I'm not an expert on the topic by any means ...

But for whatever it's worth, I recall there being difficulty implementing the hair aspect into Facegen in the past, as it related to Franchise Hockey Manager (I used to be the PR lead for that game). I do believe having hair in that game for the player Facegens would have been first choice (as that's the norm for hockey player photos also), but for whatever reason it wasn't feasible and thus those Facegens wear helmets. I'm a bit hazy on the details on all this, and completely unsure of the technical side of the implementation (ie. how much it was or wasn't attempted, what the specific road blocks were, etc.) ... but there's that.

Personally I'd be thrilled with any implementation of Facegen at all (definitely near top of my wish list for immersion purposes), and even more so if they can figure out a way to include hair.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:48 AM   #13
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I was surprised to hear back from Markus about this. I'm not sure exactly what I'm at liberty to say, but I assume if he told me, then he is fine with anyone knowing.

1) I can confirm the Facemodeller is the third-party software that the OOTP team uses.

2) Markus and the team do not like the quality of the hair provided by Facemodeller and it will not be in FoF (the hair that is).

3) Facegens are an intended feature of the next release and may have already been implemented.

4) As I suspected, they will change the template to have a helmet cover the hair.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:54 PM   #14
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was surprised to hear back from Markus about this. I'm not sure exactly what I'm at liberty to say, but I assume if he told me, then he is fine with anyone knowing.

1) I can confirm the Facemodeller is the third-party software that the OOTP team uses.

2) Markus and the team do not like the quality of the hair provided by Facemodeller and it will not be in FoF (the hair that is).

3) Facegens are an intended feature of the next release and may have already been implemented.

4) As I suspected, they will change the template to have a helmet cover the hair.
I'm surprised he would have contacted you directly as opposed to just posting here himself but I suppose. I must say I am kind of disappointed as I kind of figured Facegen was in (good news to hear it confirmed!) but I'm kind of worried how they will look with football helmets. Maybe cool in a way as it is another thing for modders to work with,but also likely blocks much of the Facegens face and hard to say how it will look. I'm cautiously optimistic I suppose !
Old 09-10-2018, 06:05 PM   #15
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
I'm surprised he would have contacted you directly as opposed to just posting here himself but I suppose. I must say I am kind of disappointed as I kind of figured Facegen was in (good news to hear it confirmed!) but I'm kind of worried how they will look with football helmets. Maybe cool in a way as it is another thing for modders to work with,but also likely blocks much of the Facegens face and hard to say how it will look. I'm cautiously optimistic I suppose !
Perhaps an old-style leather helmet mod could be made.

As for why Markus didn't post here, I messaged him, but wasn't really expecting a response. I suppose I should have linked to this thread, but it didn't occur to me.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:36 AM   #16
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:

This is 1. awesome, but also 2. I really hope they can do it in a way that you can see the guy's faces