Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:17 PM   #61
Game On
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Normally very slow with information. But today, someone
did mention 17 is behind due to a family issue. That's fine, but
with the issues they already have, it's not a real business.
Don't waste your money there.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:49 PM   #62
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game On View Post
Normally very slow with information. But today, someone
did mention 17 is behind due to a family issue. That's fine, but
with the issues they already have, it's not a real business.
Don't waste your money there.
Not sure where that shot comes from. Whatever issues they may be having (and despite my account, I'm not involved with them any more), they put out a quality product year after year, at a very reasonable price.
Old 10-01-2016, 07:24 PM   #63
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoons24 View Post
Probably before this train wreck.
This train wreck was caused by a stroke. You don't always get laid on the first date.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
Old 10-01-2016, 08:14 PM   #64
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaus2 View Post
This train wreck was caused by a stroke. You don't always get laid on the first date.
Thanks for telling me something I've know for over a year bud (I saw the post informing all of us about that sad occurrence the day after it went up). Doesn't Change the fact this was announced in 2014 and set for a 2015 release date and is now not going to be out until late 2017, if at all.

Out of the Park Developments Announces 'Beyond the Sideline Football' if you feel like being disappointed

Last edited by rmoons24; 10-01-2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:27 AM   #65
Baebae32
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Thanks for telling me something I've know for over a year bud (I saw the post informing all of us about that sad occurrence the day after it went up). Doesn't Change the fact this was announced in 2014 and set for a 2015 release date and is now not going to be out until late 2017, if at all.

Out of the Park Developments Announces 'Beyond the Sideline Football' if you feel like being disappointed
The lead developer of the game becomig extremely ill doesnt change the fact that the game is delayed?
Old 10-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #66
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:

Laughable. FHM came out maybe 1-2 years after the announcement. You seem to know the process that an actual software business would take. If Apple were as short handed as OOTPD, the patches would come much slower. Yeah, we've been waiting a long time, but don't you have other things to do in life right now? You should be able to find another game that you can play in the meantime. The goal for Michael Winter should be to get a workable end product. It's easy to criticize the company, but are you able to code in C++? Were you able to fly to Germany to get a briefing from Markus? It's hard to find people who actually are dedicated to programming, football, and were able to take the excursion to Germany. Can you just stop complaining because a real life catastrophe postponed your imaginary league? I'm just happy that the game currently has an able developer to get the game back in track. Hopefully Francis can join Winter and they can pull the release date closer.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:08 AM   #67
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)

I really hate it when someone has a really serious medical event and it mildly inconveniences me in a completely unimportant way. It's the WORST.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:41 PM   #68
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

I kno rite???

Old 10-04-2016, 07:17 PM   #69
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Laughable. FHM came out maybe 1-2 years after the announcement. You seem to know the process that an actual software business would take. If Apple were as short handed as OOTPD, the patches would come much slower. Yeah, we've been waiting a long time, but don't you have other things to do in life right now? You should be able to find another game that you can play in the meantime. The goal for Michael Winter should be to get a workable end product. It's easy to criticize the company, but are you able to code in C++? Were you able to fly to Germany to get a briefing from Markus? It's hard to find people who actually are dedicated to programming, football, and were able to take the excursion to Germany. Can you just stop complaining because a real life catastrophe postponed your imaginary league? I'm just happy that the game currently has an able developer to get the game back in track. Hopefully Francis can join Winter and they can pull the release date closer.
Not to mention, when you are a small company and an employee falls seriously ill, you can't just stop paying him, and you likely aren't in a financial position where you can hire a full-time replacement at the same price. It's a tough position to be in.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #70
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourmebrad View Post
I really hate it when someone has a really serious medical event and it mildly inconveniences me in a completely unimportant way. It's the WORST.
Forget that... That's small potatoes

Quote:
I really hate it when I don't get laid on the first date
Old 10-05-2016, 04:29 PM   #71
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

She better be worth it if I don't get laid on the first date!

Old 10-05-2016, 06:12 PM   #72
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Quote:
She better be worth it if I don't get laid on the first date!
Especially if you spend a lot of money on dinner and drinks. Although you don't have to do that now thanks to Tinder.

You've opened up the door to send this thread into a vortex of potty humor.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:19 PM   #73
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
Especially if you spend a lot of money on dinner and drinks. Although you don't have to do that now thanks to Tinder.

You've opened up the door to send this thread into a vortex of potty humor.
It may/may not be the death of me. We'll see.

Old 10-12-2016, 09:10 AM   #74
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Just go away. And stop referencing me in your sig file.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 11-27-2016, 08:03 PM   #75
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Just go away. And stop referencing me in your sig file.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:19 PM   #76
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

This BTS game has now caught MY attention! If it's like OOTP baseball, look out!
Old 01-30-2017, 04:14 PM   #77
sflcat61
Minors (Double A)

Will there be an ability for historical replay (say starting in 1920 and moving forward)? If so, will the sim give you realistic results based on the era (i.e., no 4,000 yard passers in the 30s, 40s or 50s)? I realize that the evolution of football is more dyanamic than baseball, but if you start a season in, say, 1940, and you're basically seeing a c2017 modern-style game, what's the point?

Glad to see we'll have the ability to do some customization, that is the one thing that FOF always lacked.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #78
jDaveMc1984
Minors (Single A)

Quote:

So you are aware how software is developed right? Are you aware that Blizard was working on Starcraft II for twelve years? Twelve. Years.

Developing a game does not come lightly, and ignoramuses like you don't help things. Take from an actual programmer (i.e. me): It's best that we're waiting for the product than having it rushed out the door ET-Style, only to be an inferior product so someone (probably you) can bash the gameplay.

You're best waiting for a quality product then bashing a rushed inferior one, much less getting pissed because the lead developer had a stroke.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:43 AM   #79
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

@ jDaveMc1984
I am going to go out on a limb that you are aware of why the delay in the game ??? I think that's why a lot of us are not complaining for it was a logical reason and very important reason. Bottom line is rest easy it will get here soon enough. Like you I hope it comes out this year but I be patient if not yet
Old 02-28-2017, 12:31 AM   #80
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

I think he was defending the delay.