Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:03 AM   #1
ruckuz
Bat Boy

Automation/Recommend features?

They're some aspect of managing I can't be bother with in a sports sim, not saying these are all mine but what type of automation/recommend will their be in this game?

Say my team is below the player requirements due to injures or whatever. Will their be auto rosterfill button?
Auto deph chart
Auto draft?
Auto coach signing?
Auto free agent signing?
Auto playcalling/substitutions?

Thanks
Old 03-11-2015, 11:41 AM   #2
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Automation for most things obviously depends on the HC/other coaches you hire. For example hire a very defensive minded head coach and all the decisions he makes if you ask him to do things will be based on this trait. That's worth bearing in mind for the following.

Say my team is below the player requirements due to injures or whatever..... - This comes under the signings/cuts I mention below. In fact I'll have to add something at some point as if the user turns off automation then cuts everyone it will probably break the game when they play their next game with 0 players (and yes someone will be bound to try it as an "experiment" , so in that instance I may have to turn automation on just before the game starts so they sign people automatically to stop the game breaking.

Depth chart automation- yes

Draft - yes

Coach signing - yes. If you have a Head Coach he hires assistants. If there is no HC the Owner will get one.

Free Agent Signings - You can automate signings, you can also automate cut/signings (which is one option as sometimes it make more sense to renegotiate a contract than cut the player, it doesn't really make sense to have two different options for cuts + renog).

PlayCalling - Yes, especially related to the coaches traits

Substitutions - Yes, infact it looks like for V1 it will only be automation. You can set a general slider for how often you want to sub offensive/def players, but it's unlikely for V1 you'll be the one deciding now it's time to put player X in. It will depend on the sliders if the starter comes out or not. (unless something like he gets injured obviously).

It should also be noted if you set your teams strategy to be the most offensive aggressive team the world has ever seen and then you hire the most defensive conservative HC the world has ever seen things are not going to go well, and a lot of time he'll may just coach how he coaches and not change his own style just to suit you. Which will probably result in some players not playing as well as they could. (and the opposite is true, hire a coach who is perfect for your scheme and he may get extra out of the players than a normal coach would).

Last edited by Francis Cole; 03-11-2015 at 12:48 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:41 PM   #3
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Angry

Whoa !!! We will NOT be able to substitute players in a game as we see fit ???? How is that a good feature ????
Old 03-17-2015, 01:45 PM   #4
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

No one said it was "a good feature"; I know it's not ideal.

It's the sad reality that some things have to be left out if we all want the game released this year.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Your biggest challenge will be getting past unrealistic expectations that v1 should be v11 out of the box. You have my support FWIW.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 03-18-2015, 07:50 AM   #6
garion333
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Whoa !!! We will NOT be able to substitute players in a game as we see fit ???? How is that a good feature ????
I don't believe it's a terribly uncommon feature in the genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
Substitutions - Yes, infact it looks like for V1 it will only be automation. You can set a general slider for how often you want to sub offensive/def players, but it's unlikely for V1 you'll be the one deciding now it's time to put player X in. It will depend on the sliders if the starter comes out or not. (unless something like he gets injured obviously).
Will fatigue play an in-game role or is it only a week to week/career thing? I found a couple older mentions to fatigue but not to what extent it will be in the game.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:27 AM   #7
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Yes it's in-game.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #8
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Can Custom League teams sign NFL free agents and vice-a-versa?
Old 04-11-2015, 03:45 PM   #9
OOTPSimmer
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Your biggest challenge will be getting past unrealistic expectations that v1 should be v11 out of the box. You have my support FWIW.
This.