Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Dr. Proffesor Batman
Bat Boy

attribute types and expected stats

You may have already answered this, but I can't find it. What will the attributes be, because in the older versions of Madden there was strength, speed, ect.... while in the new ones there's hit power, short pass accuracy, throw on run, man coverage, trucking, ect...... can ee expect simple attributes like in the older Maddens or will it be complex like the new ones. I also saw in another post how you talked about no quarterback will be too far above 90 and no quarterback will have a pass accuracy of above 80, so if I get a quarterback in commissioner mode and I set his passing attributes to 99, what types of production can I expect from him in a balanced offence, the same with a runningback. How will defensive ends fair with 99 overall ratings, and defensive backs and kickers. What will the rushing stats look like for a quarterback with perfect scrambling ability? I am assuming there will be a commissioner mode. Sorry for the long sentences.

Last edited by Dr. Proffesor Batman; 11-28-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:53 AM   #2
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

For QBs we have the following:

Throwing Power
Throwing Accuracy
Footwork
Scrambling Tendency

Though also things like speed and awareness are important as well though obviously.

If by commissioner mode you mean a way to edit the players then yes you can.
If you set everything to 99 - I'm not sure, I'll have to try it . You'd start to get very unrealistic stats though.
I'll have to try it one day and see.

One thing people may not realise with editing though:

You are editing their exact attributes. Not the opinions team's have of the players.

For example, you find a college QB who is awful and is expected to be undrafted. One day before the draft you edit him to have 99 for everything.
He's still going to be undrafted (unless you draft him of course).

The teams' have game-tape of him being bad for 4 years, they have a combine tape of him being bad (ignore he wouldn't have been invited to the combine for a moment), they saw him being bad at his pro-day etc etc. They have no idea the night before the draft his DNA was changed and now he's Peyton Manning.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:55 PM   #3
colourmebrad
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Cole View Post
The teams' have game-tape of him being bad for 4 years, they have a combine tape of him being bad (ignore he wouldn't have been invited to the combine for a moment), they saw him being bad at his pro-day etc etc.
This sounds very cool
Old 11-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #4
ruckuz
Bat Boy

Quote:
The teams' have game-tape of him being bad for 4 years, they have a combine tape of him being bad (ignore he wouldn't have been invited to the combine for a moment), they saw him being bad at his pro-day etc etc. They have no idea the night before the draft his DNA was changed and now he's Peyton Manning.
Thats wicked!
I'll create my very own Tom Brady!
Old 11-30-2014, 12:46 PM   #5
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckuz View Post
Thats wicked!
I'll create my very own Tom Brady!
I think that is already built into the game....Lol.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:29 PM   #6
Staples11
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
For QBs we have the following:

Throwing Power
Throwing Accuracy
Footwork
Scrambling Tendency

Is that all? Or is that just an example

I feel like there could be a lot more. For example IQ would be a huge asset. Calling out the blitz before the snap, identifying the Mike linebacker, flip the play if the opposing defense is loading one side etc.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:58 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staples11 View Post

I feel like there could be a lot more. For example IQ would be a huge asset. Calling out the blitz before the snap, identifying the Mike linebacker, flip the play if the opposing defense is loading one side etc.
IQ is zero asset without physical talent. Believe me I know.

Seriously, the game is being worked on as we speak. Certain attributes individually and in combination may be implemented differently in whatever version goes through beta and is released. It's just my opinion but if I were doing this I'd be reluctant to say anything specific because it might change by the release. Last thing anybody needs is a discussion starting...."but 6 months ago you said X would be Y and B would be D and now it's different". It might be way way better but expectations formed are often hard to unform.

No disrespect intended. I'm waiting eagerly too.

I've never been a software developer but have developed (with a team) several multi-million dollar products in the last 35 years. Detailed attribute discussions are almost never had outside the development team and management. Software development specifically may be very different but I suspect the process of project management and establishing/meeting deliverables is not.

FWIW

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 12-01-2014, 12:00 AM   #8
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Though also things like speed and awareness are important as well though obviously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staples11 View Post

Awareness=intelligence
Old 12-01-2014, 02:20 AM   #9
Pacoheadley
All Star Reserve

Will throw accuracy be divided between short, medium, and long passes?
Old 12-01-2014, 06:46 AM   #10
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Those 4 are the specific QB attributes.

There's also a whole bunch of mental attributes you'd have to look at (intelligence, awareness etc), as well as physical attributes etc.

Those mental/physical ones apply to all players in everything they do though, while throwing power etc obviously only matters if you are throwing the ball

So you may have a QB who has amazing throwing power, but if he has bad mental stuff he's never going to learn when he should be throwing it (a very basic example).

I hope that reassures you all somewhat

Last edited by Francis Cole; 12-01-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:00 AM   #11
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

For V1 we don't divide between short/medium/long.
Hopefully for a future version we will be able to do something similar though.