Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

What is the plan for the next patch ?

What is the plan and is currently being worked on Dev's ? Is there perhaps a certain aspect of the game you guys are currently focused on or you guys simply going down a to-do list ?
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

I would also like to know how many more patches we can expect to get and if they will quit on this game at a certain point even if its not fixed. To work on the 2nd version? I ask because I am about to buy it, but am scared it will stay the same with all the problems.
GmOfTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
traveler99
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmOfTheYear View Post
I would also like to know how many more patches we can expect to get and if they will quit on this game at a certain point even if its not fixed. To work on the 2nd version? I ask because I am about to buy it, but am scared it will stay the same with all the problems.
i think they still have a moment to patch it up before going for new one, but i could imagine latest by March they must move on to the next one or that one is gonna be a turd also :P (just my opinion) though i think the next version will be the same but more functions (fixed and added) so not like really a "new" version as this version is still lacking so much in functionality and buggy.
traveler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Penfold75
Major Leagues

I would have thought this would have been a really good post for someone from the development team to have answered in some way - even a brief answer is better than nothing but the communication is terrible.

Time is moving on towards when they will need to consider working on the new version FHM2015. It would be good to get an idea of how long they are going to provide patches for FHM2014 in that time. Some of the major issues with this game remain unaddressed with no sign of them being fixed.

What is the plan for FHM2015 is it just to bolt on a few new options, online play or maybe sort out the editors that are there but can't be used. Will the issues with signing players and trading etc... be fixed by then because I'm not buying some weak rehash of FHM2014......Who knows what mess the released version of FHM2015 would be in then

It is getting to the point where some communication is not just something we would like but something that should be required and expected.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #5
gmerger
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
I would have thought this would have been a really good post for someone from the development team to have answered in some way - even a brief answer is better than nothing but the communication is terrible.

Time is moving on towards when they will need to consider working on the new version FHM2015. It would be good to get an idea of how long they are going to provide patches for FHM2014 in that time. Some of the major issues with this game remain unaddressed with no sign of them being fixed.

What is the plan for FHM2015 is it just to bolt on a few new options, online play or maybe sort out the editors that are there but can't be used. Will the issues with signing players and trading etc... be fixed by then because I'm not buying some weak rehash of FHM2014......Who knows what mess the released version of FHM2015 would be in then

It is getting to the point where some communication is not just something we would like but something that should be required and expected.
I feel like FHM 2015 will be the full release to FHM 2014's beta.
gmerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #6
PromisedPain
Minors (Double A)

I think they already forgot about the developer update thread.....
PromisedPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromisedPain View Post
I think they already forgot about the developer update thread.....
hmm, yeah.....always been a defender of the dev team but the lack of communication lately is getting annoying

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #8
Risk2014
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
How hard is it to take five minutes come on here and make a post and tell everyone this is what we are working on? I dont care at all to hear when the patch is going to be released all I care about is knowing exactly what they are working on. So far with all the patches released none of these patched has fixed the major issues with this game.
Risk2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #9
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risk2014 View Post
How hard is it to take five minutes come on here and make a post and tell everyone this is what we are working on? I dont care at all to hear when the patch is going to be released all I care about is knowing exactly what they are working on. So far with all the patches released none of these patched has fixed the major issues with this game.
Watch for the boys to come out and say that they rather have developers working on the game instead of having them interact with their customers. This horse has been beaten to death multiple times.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
Watch for the boys to come out and say that they rather have developers working on the game instead of having them interact with their customers. This horse has been beaten to death multiple times.
I think those of us who said that in the past have had to re-think our positions lately. I seriously doubt anyone will be saying that now.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #11
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pens66 View Post
I have been at the raw end of some of those posts in the past and the communication is even worse than it was then

If I communicated as poorly with my end users I reckon my job would on the line because our developments are very user driven.

Last edited by Penfold75; 12-14-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #12
BradC
All Star Starter

Hi All:

I'm sorry communication hasn't been very good lately. I know they're still working on the next update to the game, and Jeff has been busy reworking some things. As soon as I have something to add, I will say so, but even though I am privy to what they're working on right now, I don't want to say anything for fear of getting hopes up.

The way any kind of software development goes, every time you fix something or add a new feature, there's a chance that something else will break, so I hate to say that we're working on this or that, only to find out they had to scuttle it because of unintended consequences that were problematic to figure out.

Stay tuned. Thanks.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #13
GMO123
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Hi All:

I'm sorry communication hasn't been very good lately. I know they're still working on the next update to the game, and Jeff has been busy reworking some things. As soon as I have something to add, I will say so, but even though I am privy to what they're working on right now, I don't want to say anything for fear of getting hopes up.

The way any kind of software development goes, every time you fix something or add a new feature, there's a chance that something else will break, so I hate to say that we're working on this or that, only to find out they had to scuttle it because of unintended consequences that were problematic to figure out.

Stay tuned. Thanks.
Thank you for the information and update.
I'm a supporter of this game but the communication situation with FHM is very bad.
All you have to do is I write what you just did once a week.
That will keep lot of people happy and on your side.
GMO123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #14
JetsFabi
Bat Boy

a german patch pls
JetsFabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #15
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Maybe Facegen? After all it was a feature that was promised and at one point was said to be ready except to "finalize" the templates. I know it shouldn't be a game breaker, but to me I was looking forward to that part.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #16
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Maybe Facegen? After all it was a feature that was promised and at one point was said to be ready except to "finalize" the templates. I know it shouldn't be a game breaker, but to me I was looking forward to that part.

I love facegen in OOTP and yeah it will be nice once its finally added to FHM, but I'd personally rather they sort out everything technical before they fix the cosmetics.

This post will probably mean nothing but I'd like to add it anyway

When it was announced and released It was so good to see all the leagues available right away, "finally I can play KHL" (well at least a greatly updated KHL from what is on EHM anyway) but now when ever I load up the game I just think "damn I wish the NHL was 100% fixed first! and now they have to 'waste time' on like the UK league" ofcourse I'm happy to see the UK league here too haha... but still the main leagues are NHL/AHL/Juniors/KHL... I'd rather they shut off all the others and make them solid before adding. I know the team have commented maybe they let people get carried away and we have to put up with it - fair enough!

On another note, they don't communicate (which is annoying obviously!) I've had the pleasure to speak to Sebastian personally a few brief times and he does have all our interests at heart and wants to make the game the best it can be but, but they are a small team, so I guess it just means we have to wait that little bit longer for updates/news/ect

and before I get swamped with "the game was released too early" yes I think it was too, but I also think we were all very impatient once the news was announced, thanks to SI ruining EHM for us all! I just hope Santa has something FHM related for us all this year
Old 12-16-2013, 04:56 AM   #17
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
Hi All:

Stay tuned. Thanks.
Brad,
Thanks for your message but it actually communicates very little. As an experienced software developer I am well aware that when you fix something or add something new that other things may break but that is what proper planned and executed testing is for.

I am at the stage where I am not really bothered if there are any new features added to the current version of FHM2014. What I would like to see for this version is the glaring issues with signing players/prospects, trading and stats to be fixed. I think the fact that most of these issues have been well documented and reported since the game was released I don't think it is too much to ask for an update on how these are being addressed if at all. Bolting on new bits won't take these issues away so I think the core of the game needs fixed before anything new is added.

Matt
Old 12-16-2013, 07:09 AM   #18
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
but now when ever I load up the game I just think "damn I wish the NHL was 100% fixed first! and now they have to 'waste time' on like the UK league" ofcourse I'm happy to see the UK league here too haha... but still the main leagues are NHL/AHL/Juniors/KHL... I'd rather they shut off all the others and make them solid before adding. I know the team have commented maybe they let people get carried away and we have to put up with it - fair enough!
Seeing comments like "league X is a waste of time" is pretty demoralising to be honest. It seems that many users think that if more leagues are added the game is somehow diluted. This isn't the case. The game has been built in way that additional leagues can be easily "switched on". The work on the leagues isn't done by Sebastian and Malte; it's done by Jeff (in addition to the 1,000 other things he does on the game) and a small-ish group of volunteer researchers. It is the researchers who setup the rules, add the players, create the schedules, etc.

If you look at leagues such as the British ones, yes they are in the game, but virtually none of the realistic rules are there. All that's really present are the basic foreigner limits and trade deadlines. The last time I checked, trading wasn't working in the UK, attendances were still broken, British newgens are far too good relative to experience newgens, etc. The game has been developed thus far with the NHL/North America with its core focus. And rightly so. The inclusion of non-North American/Russian/Swedish/Finnish leagues has had a negligible impact on rule settings included in the game - I can think of just a small number of unique rules. The inclusion of those rules certainly wasn't the reason the game has turned out like it has.

I'll be the first to admit that the likes of the UK, French, Norwegian, Asian, Australian, etc leagues are clearly nothing like the standard of the top European or North American elite leagues. But it's pretty depressing when somebody describes hundreds of hours' of work as a waste of time. Particularly as we do this for no payment other than a free copy of the game.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #19
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by archibalduk View Post
Seeing comments like "league X is a waste of time" is pretty demoralising to be honest. It seems that many users think that if more leagues are added the game is somehow diluted. This isn't the case. The game has been built in way that additional leagues can be easily "switched on". The work on the leagues isn't done by Sebastian and Malte; it's done by Jeff (in addition to the 1,000 other things he does on the game) and a small-ish group of volunteer researchers. It is the researchers who setup the rules, add the players, create the schedules, etc.

If you look at leagues such as the British ones, yes they are in the game, but virtually none of the realistic rules are there. All that's really present are the basic foreigner limits and trade deadlines. The last time I checked, trading wasn't working in the UK, attendances were still broken, British newgens are far too good relative to experience newgens, etc. The game has been developed thus far with the NHL/North America with its core focus. And rightly so. The inclusion of non-North American/Russian/Swedish/Finnish leagues has had a negligible impact on rule settings included in the game - I can think of just a small number of unique rules. The inclusion of those rules certainly wasn't the reason the game has turned out like it has.

I'll be the first to admit that the likes of the UK, French, Norwegian, Asian, Australian, etc leagues are clearly nothing like the standard of the top European or North American elite leagues. But it's pretty depressing when somebody describes hundreds of hours' of work as a waste of time. Particularly as we do this for no payment other than a free copy of the game.

Keep up the great work

Ther are always the Nay-sayers, ppl who think it´s pverpriced when they have to pay more than €5 for a game and think a little Tinkerbell does all the coding, researching etc....
You can never do it right for all, that´s life - Back in the days you had to shell out €60-70 for a game which wouldn´t pass as freeware nowadays and we still had a blast.
If you offer a good game with potential for €30 today which isn´t polished from day 1 on like EA Sports, Blizzards games (Companies with gazillions of employees) the QQ´ing of the 20something guys starts who never learned to have fun w/o a computer monitor

So if you appreciate the work those guys put into the game, buy it, if not stop whining, be productive with your critic or go look for greener pastures...amen

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #20
rocksbury
Minors (Rookie Ball)

The one thing I don't understand is the lack of communication.
Lets say they are working on this title every day. Would you not be on a computer with an internet connection, At the beginning of every week just say hey guys we plan on doing etc, etc, etc, You can also go a step further talking about forum posts or just concerns in general. Takes like an hour a week and any of the devs can take part.

I love OOTP its a complete simulation, You can create a custom league or simply play your favorite team in FHM its almost a struggle to enjoy playing it.
Simply being able to mess the structure up an modify the caps and team incomes with the ability to just right click a player and try and find a trade.

We don't need the accuracy, the rosters, the fancy stuff.
We just need development, scouting, personnel, customization, and trading which at this point seems to be out of the picture for FHM 2014.

I'm going to trust the reputation of OOTP developments and buy the next installment, but honestly its due to lack of competition.
rocksbury is offline   Reply With Quote