Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-13-2013, 02:19 AM   #141
CatKnight
All Star Starter

Probably the easiest to read version yet. Well done!
CatKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #142
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballman View Post
two things...

1- thanks for the hint about waiting it out. If it happens again, I'll post it

2- I HAVE posted this in the tech support forum..

THANKS!!!!!!!
I'm not seeing a ticket related to a crash issue like you reported in this thread in tech support. Could you provide me the ticket ID so I can check it out? We really want to get any crash bugs fixed ASAP - they're a top priority! So please don't give up yet. Also, in the future, if anyone has a crash or other bug, please post this in the bug thread instead: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rt-thread.html
Old 04-13-2013, 02:36 AM   #143
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugga27 View Post
I knew I wasn't crazy...

I do enjoy OOTP, but if this problem persists and cannot (not going say won't because I know that if there's a fix, it will be fixed) be fixed, I'm going to shelve it.

FWIW, I uninstalled 13 soon after I installed 14, so there's no memory issue (I have 4 gigs anyways).
Could you open a ticket in tech support? I'll need some more info from you and it will make it easier for us to find out what's going on if you can do this. As I already wrote to ballman, crash bugs are a top priority and we want to figure out what's going on here ASAP. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #144
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
Not so happy so far.

Sure everything LOOKS great, but out of the three games I have played so far I have had a full crash twice.

I would rather have a few less features in exchange for some stability.
I see that you've now had three crashes! I'm very sorry to hear about that. It might help if you could set your auto-save to one day and then when a crash occurs, your league will be on the same day as the crash. So if this crash should happen again, could you upload your league files for us? Here's how: How to FTP files to OOTP Developments

Tell us what you were doing when the crash occurred, what OS you're using and the name of the league file you uploaded. Again, I'm very sorry for the hassle and frustration. Hopefully, these crash issues will get fixed soon.

Also, could you put this info into the bug reporting thread here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rt-thread.html

Thanks!

Last edited by old timer; 04-13-2013 at 03:38 AM.
old timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #145
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

is the classic skin any better? i just couldnt get over the green used in 13.

I thought 11 and 12 hard great skin choices..but in 13 i just use the default skin cause Dark wasn't very good and i disliked the classic skin. Wish we could get the old ones from 11 and 12 back, those were great.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #146
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Haven't had a chance to play much but so far it seems faster and to run smoother.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #147
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Never waited this long to post initial impressions before but a long day at work, d'load install v14, import v13 game, and then look things over and get in one game left me dead tired Haven't slept that long in years.

On to the impressions...

1. D'load was fast and easy. Thought it might be tough due to having to wait til after work to try to get in.

2. Import from v13 worked without issue (I've imported from v4 now all the way to v14 with out issue so no surprise)

3. Imported mid-season (2025 79 games played) so also imported a "spring training" file backup to see if my league total modifiers needed adjusting to continue my current "in season" game. Changes were minimal with most v14 being within .005 of v13 modifiers. Close enough to play out a half season and then redo when starting 2026.

4. Player development report on each card is great. Figured this would only start from the point of the new game. It appears from the limited players I viewed it is retroactive, NICE!

5. Skin.. Classic skin is awesome and easy on my eyes. As others have stated its nice to have all stats that will fit on the first page of player card instead of having to dig. Any chance of adding the ability to select "level" on this page? No big deal if not, but would be a nice addition. Or did I miss a way to do it?

6. In game screens.. I use the widgets and always will. The screen is about the same with the addition of "win probability" which I love. This is not a knock as this screen is about as good as it gets in a sports simulation.

Two suggestions for the widget screen.. Use the "ball location" box from the webcast screen (just the ball without the batter) or make it available as a widget. Make the current "batter ball location box" the same size as the lineup boxes. This standard size would make it easier to "square up" one's widget screen. Even with a large monitor it's a bit of a pain to find a good location with one odd-sized box. Of course the "webcast-ball location only" box would be smaller and also fix this issue. None of this is game breaking stuff.

7. The new options "pitch to contact, throw to each base, etc." are nice and it appears we will finally have all selections stay with the same number at all times with unusable selections greyed out? This is a great addition but for us that use the keypad will take getting used to. There will be a few mistakes from old habits but once one is used to it (won't take long) it will be great.

8. With each new addition the game looks more polished v14 is no exception.
Everything just looks sharper. Facegen is amazing and adds so much immersion and now these guys are really looking "alive". The "team photo" is brilliant.

9. I loved the addition of the "stadium green" scoreboards last year in v13. I was hoping they would become the default for the "scores-schedule" page in v14 (keeping the player photos etc as they are now). IMHO they are much easier on the eyes and also simply look cooler and just say "baseball".

I'll be spending most of the weekend digging through the game, these are only initial impressions. I will say though that this game just gets better and better. I have no idea why people think the game doesn't have much room to grow because there is already so much there. Every year Markus and Andreas come up with more and more. I find it funny when someone posts something about the graphics and even Markus comes in to say "I didn't know that was in there" Says something about the quality and imagination that goes into Andreas' work. Everyone knows who Markus is but sometimes I think Andreas, especially to newcomers, is under-appreciated for what he adds to the game. He is a big part of OOTP and a huge asset to OOTP Dev.
A big thank you to Andreas for all he does for the game.

Great job and thanks to Markus, Andreas, OOTP Dev., and the beta team (an under appreciated endeavor).
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #148
ballman
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
I'm not seeing a ticket related to a crash issue like you reported in this thread in tech support. Could you provide me the ticket ID so I can check it out? We really want to get any crash bugs fixed ASAP - they're a top priority! So please don't give up yet. Also, in the future, if anyone has a crash or other bug, please post this in the bug thread instead: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...rt-thread.html
Not giving up. I love the game, am hopelessly addicted to it, but someone left me with an idea that I am in the process of trying out. If the game crashes? I'm going to wait for it to respond as I'm not certain that it isn't an mempory leak. I'll let you know.
ballman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #149
pitch62
Minors (Triple A)

The best yet Marcus

I play strictly fictional and was wondering if I get and extra year on my manager contract for unlocking a gold achievement?
pitch62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #150
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The new playoff screens for each series is just a FANTASTIC addition to the game.

Do the visiting jerseys only show up at random? I see some of them when a team is away on the broadcast screen, but not all players are wearing them.

Seems to me the AI was tweaked as far as playing out games go, could just be me but the AI seems to favor the L/R match ups more - maybe it's due to the new bullpen layout? Either way, it's great.

I'll echo most everyone's thoughts.. FANTASTIC job again this year Markus and staff!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #151
Mister_G
All Star Reserve

Having a great time so far. Game just looks nicer and I like the new webcast.

On a side note I took my Yankees and managed to make them even older! Near the Draft and only out of 1st by 1 game so to make up for injuries I've been hit with I've signed Delwyn Young and Adam Kennedy, claimed Oliver Perez off waivers and traded Pronk straight up for Bobby Abreu haha.
Mister_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #152
beorn
All Star Starter

Looks great.

I particularly like the improvements to foreign scouting and signing. Also the much more usable player development reports. And the option to keep more than one scouting report per year.

Love the ability to name pinch hitters in my depth chart. This will save me a ton of annoyance in online leagues.

Too early to criticize, but so far:
1) Test leagues (fictional) have been oddly dominated by pitching, over long periods of time.
2) Player development seems overly predictable -- a still higher percentage of top players originally taken high in round one (except for foreign finds)... and this seems especially true of pitchers
(Not sure yet on these two things, as I've just run three long term test leagues.)
beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #153
tarakas
Bat Boy

The game crashed when after a few minutes of play. I create a league using Quick Start, assigned myself as general manager of the Cardinals, I began tweaking league settings (DH, injury frequency, etc.), and the game crashed.

I'm running Windows 7.
tarakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #154
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

Yes... I am seeing that as well.. I have started a few practice leagues... Went to the draft..it streamed by on one occasion then seemed to stall for long time..some other very long intervals during simming..."Please wait" went on a fairly long time.. i thought these were crashes until I waited and waited....it responded finally on its own...could be a "memory leak"...dunno..
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #155
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
Probably the easiest to read version yet. Well done!
I like the font, but is anyone else having trouble telling at a glance who won on the game screen? The bold face isn't very bold.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #156
stevezog
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP shuts down while playing games

The game has shut down twice on me while playing an actual game. It's only happened after playing OOTP for a few hours. Has this been happening for anyone else?
stevezog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #157
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

fantastic game all around. just finished up my first season, no issues at all and very realistic end of season results. usually it takes a couple patches for me to feel comfortable starting a save for the long haul but after a few contract fixes and modifier tweaks this is already better than the final version from last year.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #158
blasek0
Major Leagues

The lack of an ability to apply two different saved filters at once still bugs me. Much easier than having to set up new filter that has the combined conditions of the two separate filters. Otherwise, fantastic game.
blasek0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #159
Pedro
Minors (Single A)

Got it Friday and have been playing all weekend; wonderful job guys, and thanks.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #160
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

The OOTP team does it again. Another masterful game from Markus and Co. Thanks a ton guys.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote