Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 11-05-2013, 12:16 AM   #241
MrMuse
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDurron View Post
I strongly disagree with the bolded. Cheap voice talent is worse than no voice talent.
Cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad.
MrMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:31 PM   #242
Reggie
Major Leagues

My brother..who I finally convinced to try the game after 2 years.. is now addicted.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #243
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
My brother..who I finally convinced to try the game after 2 years.. is now addicted.
I guess that makes you an enabler eh?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:57 PM   #244
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I guess that makes you an enabler eh?
He's not just a junkie, he's also a dealer!
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:09 PM   #245
stan67
Bat Boy

OOTP Impressions

An excellent baseball game, unique in every way. There are imitators but none compare with OOTP. I would score the game eight out of ten .
I think there is still a problem with historical replays ( I should note that very few games are perfect in this regard but some are better than OOTP)
I think the main weaknesses are: As played lineups needed-the AI really screws this up) One still does not know who is on the DL, waivers etc.
stan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #246
rj58
Minors (Rookie Ball)

New convert to OOTP here..

I've been looking at this game for a while, since I'm into more management oriented games... I was into baseball as a kid but never really caught the fan bug as an adult (follow hockey more).. I started sniffing around for something deeper and found ootp.. and oh my god.. I'm sooo addicted.

Just a fantastic game.

There are always quibbles you can make about any program/game.. since sometimes its so difficult to make everything gel 'just so'.. especially in something as complex as managing all the things that need managing in a sports team.. but this game has that indescribable something that makes me want to do 'just one more thing'. And it makes me care about the guys on my team....

That is quite a statement for a game that at first blush just looked like a glorified spreadsheet.

Bravo.
rj58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #247
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Welcome, rj58, to the world of OOTP Baseball! As a longtime member of the beta team, I've had a chance to see how things work from the inside. It never ceases to amaze me how many new features (large and small) Markus and Andreas pack into each edition. The game just keeps getting better and better!
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:52 PM   #248
rj58
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Welcome, rj58, to the world of OOTP Baseball! As a longtime member of the beta team, I've had a chance to see how things work from the inside. It never ceases to amaze me how many new features (large and small) Markus and Andreas pack into each edition. The game just keeps getting better and better!
Thanks! That is my other comment.. the community that plays this game seems like a bunch of mature guys enjoying getting their game on. Everyone is friendly and helpful.. Heck of a comment on the game in general that it attracts such people .
rj58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:33 PM   #249
neil7398
Bat Boy

Help with possible corrupted database

Hello all,

First off, I love the game and have pre ordered the next version.

Also, I would like to say that the tech support (Richard Southwell) in particular is top notch. They really do want to help you and fix your problem.

That being said, I have a league that just keeps on giving me runtime errors no matter what I seem to do. Here is what I have tried

1) Uninstalling game and reinstalling game
2) Purge tool
3) Cleaned registry, defragged computer

None of this has worked.

Now I am trying to run in Safemode to see if that will do the trick.

Does anyone have any other thoughts or tricks that might work for me?

Let me know. Thanks in advance

Neil
neil7398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:19 AM   #250
Roy Tucker
Minors (Triple A)

Didn't know where to put this but my team is in first place with only 3 games left against the second place team who happens to be just one game behind me.

We won the game but my closer was suspended for five games for throwing at a player who earlier in the game hit a home run. Also the closer was brought in after my previous pitcher gave up a home run against someone else which made it a one run game in the ninth. I can just imagine how tense it was!

I love the immersion!!! A brawl between two teams fighting for first on the final weekend of the season. Luckily my team came out on top
Roy Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:51 AM   #251
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

This is late for an OOTP14 impression, but after putting in the time I have to say that OOTP14 is my favorite all time version, and I've been playing this game since OOTP3/Season Ticket Baseball. In OOTP14 I've played multiple leagues, re-configured leagues, added and removed teams, and I've had no problems with crashes or corruption like I have in the past.

Because this version is so stable, I've been able to really notice things that I probably missed in earlier versions. I especially like the work that has been done with pitchers, and the way pitchers develop. I know that taking a shot on an erratic prospect with nothing but good stuff and the right build might well be worth it, and that finesse pitchers will have low ceilings like IRL. I go through the draft class looking at pitchers, "Hmm... this guy doesn't quite throw hard enough for me... this guy could use some work on his changeup but he's OK... this other guy is a headcase or too short", and the thought process I am using, at least as I imagine it, probably isn't all that different than one that a real GM would use when evaluating pitchers.

I've also found a difficulty level that keeps it basic for the AI and balances the game for me without house rules: Potential ratings off, reserve clause rules, no waivers, no rule 5 draft, and trading on hard. I look at little things now, and I didn't need to in the past when I could just mop the floor with the AI.

I'd like to see more player interaction, where you can talk to a player to tell him to sort his stuff out, get more of an attachment to players in general, and otherwise improve their morale, but other than that I feel pretty good. A basic graphics engine would be nice, and completing the spoken play by play would make things interesting, too.

It looks like the Puresim franchise has waved the white flag. I bought the latest BB Mogul and what they're doing at this point is almost fraud IMO. Even FM has gotten bogged down with too much minutia, and their 'Steam or get stuffed' copy protection approach angered a lot of people including me. So it looks like OOTP might be heading into a golden age relative to the other sports management sims. It's too late to bother getting 15, but I'll probably get 16 based on my good experience with 14 and pay closer attention to the franchise too.

tl;dr - I like this.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote