Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 11-02-2019, 02:57 AM   #1
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Understanding results for upcoming FOF 9

Below Cal's WR catches a pass 2 yards behind line of scrimmage and scores a TD. Cal was in a 2 WR set with 2 opposing cornerbacks in man to man coverage. However 2 LBs are given a negative grade while both CBs get positive grade. How can this be. Did the LBs miss the tackle? Seems a CB would have coverage responsibility here. Maybe the CBs were blocked out of the play and could not effect the play while 2 LBs missed the tackle? That is my guess. Can't wait for this to be released.

Old 11-02-2019, 07:16 PM   #2
ZootMurph
Minors (Double A)

Where can we get a copy to test? Or where did you get that screenshot? Or where can we find whatever you found ?
Old 11-02-2019, 08:58 PM   #3
BradG223
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootMurph View Post
Where can we get a copy to test? Or where did you get that screenshot? Or where can we find whatever you found ?
I’m pretty sure it’s a screenshot from FoF8.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:10 PM   #4
garion333
Minors (Double A)

It is a screenshot from FOF8's game log.

My best guess is +/- is the result of the dice roll on the play and not necessarily how things shook out on the field.

In this case the LBs failed their Zone rolls, which feeds into the play being a win for the offense. Screens are going to be completed, so I think that's likely why the CB got a + but the pass was completed anyway. Then it became a question of what does the guy do with the ball and because of the two failed dice rolls we get a big play because the entire offense had successful dice rolls.

That's not a very detailed way of explaining the idea I'm getting at and there are SO many factors in any given play, but I tend to view the game as a giant coded machine of dice rolls in different formulas that all feed into each other. It isn't actually determining where in space guys are, so much as what the different groupings are doing against the opposing team's groupings.
Old 11-06-2019, 05:38 PM   #5
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Here, final seconds that decided a Super Bowl in my current league. The RB was intended receiver and gets a negative grade. Notice the TE, Slot receiver, and LT also negative grade. Leaves something for the imagination , nonetheless interesting.

Old 11-07-2019, 03:59 AM   #6
Spiff
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS View Post
Here, final seconds that decided a Super Bowl in my current league. The RB was intended receiver and gets a negative grade. Notice the TE, Slot receiver, and LT also negative grade. Leaves something for the imagination , nonetheless interesting.

For me the question rather is, why would anybody throw the ball on 2nd and 25 with 14 seconds to go in the most important game of the year. Outcome well deserved I would say.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:50 AM   #7
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Yeah. The OC Is no longer with the team.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:07 AM   #8
redfox000
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
For me the question rather is, why would anybody throw the ball on 2nd and 25 with 14 seconds to go in the most important game of the year. Outcome well deserved I would say.
At least he didn't do a kneel down like Nagy.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:46 PM   #9
drewst18
Minors (Double A)

"upcoming" lol
Old 11-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #10
TribeFan19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post

Was this play in your 2-minute offensive game plan script?

You may need to blame someone else other than the OC.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #11
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan19 View Post
Was this play in your 2-minute offensive game plan script?
Both teams here are AI teams. Does not make your question less valid though.