Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 08-23-2018, 12:01 AM   #1
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Requests for fictional team sets, at least

I am seriously considering creating a league for at least one fictional nation which would be located somewhere in the North Atlantic Ocean. But I don't really have the likely needed artistic skills at present, either for such things or making maps related to said fictional nation or nations, unfortunately.

I have come up with names for possible teams and/or subleagues/divisions of that league, at least, though. Although I'm not quite sure what time frame said league might begin in, et cetera, just yet. I'm considering having it start somewhere between 1901 and 1951, but haven't yet decided when it would theoretically begin, for various reasons.

The divisions/subleagues in question for that league would be the Follis Division and the Gens Division, with six teams in each division/subleague, at least at the start of things here.

The teams in the Follis Division would be as follows:

Folliston Cupids (Main colors would be red, pink, white, and blue)
Rocíoton Camels (Main colors would be black, tan, red, and white)
Slaabojevo Knights (Main colors would be blue, gold, and red)
Tracyton Huskies (Main colors would be brown, white, and blue)
Tran City Bucks (Main colors would be green, white, brown, and tan)
Willson Athletics (Main colors would be blue, white, and green)

The teams in the Gens Division would be as follows:

Amjasi Hornets (Main colors would be navy, yellow, green, and white)
Benclimil Chargers (Main colors would be red, white, and brown)
Olsonton Vikings (Main colors would be black, gold, and red)
Sara City Rockets (Main colors would be purple, white, and orange)
Sarahnapool Cougars (Main colors would be yellow, blue, and copper)
Shmala Bears (Main colors would be black, silver, and orange)

As for main divisional/subleague logo/uniform/cap colors in this league, I'd perhaps think they'd be blue, white, and cardinal for the Follis Division, and red, white, and black for the Gens Division.

Here's a possible flag for the nation in question someone made me for use with a fictional nation on another Internet site, if memory serves me correctly enough, a long time ago. Picture will be at the bottom of the post, I think.

I suppose it could perhaps be used as a shoulder patch for each uniform somewhere, if at all possible. Although use of it as such on them won't necessarily be required on them, I think. Haven't decided that sort of thing just yet, in truth.

I might need some help making maps related to the nation, as well, for the overall league logo. The name of the league in question would be "Slaabovian Republic League." And I've been working off and on for many years trying to further develop the historical details for it, among many other things related to it in any way whatsoever, since at least 1991, if not 1990, as a matter of fact.

I have at least some notes about it and related matters collected over the years, but I've probably lost access to a lot of notes related to that nation as well, over them, for various reasons, unfortunately. I would like to finally be able to finalize enough of the nation's backstory and history as soon as possible, among other things, for sure. But to do that, I'll probably need at least some help in that regard, if I'm not too mistaken here.

If anyone could somehow actually help me out here with things related to this proposed fictional league, at least to some degree, if not to a great degree, I'd certainly be quite appreciative of that help, I'm quite sure. Please let me know if any of you folks might be willing to try and help me out with related matters here, if possible, okay? Thank you all for your time and attention here, then. CD out.
Attached Images

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-11-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Clovidequano Dovatha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:16 PM   #2
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Besides the above, I would like uniforms for a minor league level with teams and divisions as follows, if possible, soon, please, in a league called the Cirriddiquan Kingdom Union:

Dovatha Division:

Dutch Cove Raiders (parent club Olsonton Vikings, colors should be similar)
Lima Llamas (parent club Rocíoton Camels, colors should be similar)
Odanoskiko Stags (parent club Tran City Bucks, colors should be similar)
Ottoskarje Lynx (parent club Sarahnapool Cougars, colors should be similar)
St. Peter Hearts (parent club Folliston Cupids, colors should be similar)
Tierra De Oro Mustangs (parent club Benclimil Chargers, colors should be similar)

Wufazevir Division:

Aaronville Bruins (parent club Shmala Bears, colors should be similar)
Bublitz City Squires (parent club Slaabojevo Knights, colors should be similar)
Damonopolis Bulldogs (parent club Tracyton Huskies, colors should be similar)
Mankato Challengers (parent club Willson Athletics, colors should be similar)
Odlasvoi City Stingers (parent club Amjasi Hornets, colors should be similar)
Rainbow Bay Satellites (parent club Sara City Rockets, colors should be similar)

Main colors for the overall league logo should be purple, gold, brown, and green, if not also orange. As for the logos/caps/uniforms for both divisions/subleagues, base them on the main colors for the applicable teams in them, please, as best as possible.

The look of the Dovatha Division's text for its logo or logos should be more artistic or literature-like in nature, while the one or ones for the Wufazevir Division should be more royal, noble, or imperial-looking, I think. I'm not sure what would be best for imagery for any or all of the above logos at the moment, but text-wise, at least, the above should be true for each logo mentioned above, if made, and if possible.

The overall league logo should blend the two looks together, as best as possible, as well, of course, but still have a mostly royal-type look to it, given the name of the league.

Something else I may have not mentioned above, either in this post or the one above it, is that I have previously nicknamed this fictional land the Land of the Golden Sun, or perhaps colloquially the Land of the Sun-Touched Earth, if I remember correctly, a long time ago. Maybe that bit of information might also help whoever may attempt to make designs for the related leagues and teams and all here.

When it comes to the Folliston Cupids, I'm absolutely not thinking of little cherubs or whatnot as they are quite often portrayed in art, but I am certainly thinking more along the lines of something original, and more realistic, and more modern, but not necessarily influenced by mythology, at that. I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for more than that, regarding the aforementioned team, though.

I'll have to work more over the next six weeks to try and firm up more details related to this fictional nation and its history, I'm sure. I'd like to have at least things related to the SRL done by February 7th, at the latest, for by the time that my birthday comes shortly thereafter, I'd like to create a new league or two using whatever comes out of this thread here, for sure.

Other than the listed color descriptions and all the other information or pictures that have been provided or may be provided later. I'll basically let you all have as much free reign here as possible. Please stay tuned to this thread for more potential information and all as it may come to me for your perusal and all.

I want to create at least one league based on the above data and images by February 11, for that is when my next birthday is. I won't say how old I will be, but I still want to create at least one new league by then, if possible, based on the above.

Thank you all for your time and attention, then, everyone. Hope to see a lot of good stuff here very soon, of course, Lord willing. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-21-2019 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Correcting mistyped things
Old 01-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

You really should spend some time learning how to do uniforms/caps. It'd save you a lot of posting time. Its not that hard, really.

Pony up for Adobe's suite, learn Photoshop, and then get the layered uniform files.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:10 AM   #4
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

All well and good IF I had the ability to pay for it. But others generally have to buy certain programs for me, if they can't be gotten for free legally, et cetera. I honestly can't buy things for one reason or another, generally, Cooleyvol. Especially seeing as I do not currently have a paying job, nor have I yet had any of my work published for potential profit. But I do hope to change that somehow in 2019, Lord willing, of course. Maybe I might have a way to get it legally for free from someone close to me, perhaps as a birthday present or something. But will have to think about that. CD out.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:15 AM   #5
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Question about the offline version of the jersey maker? Is it perhaps possible for me to work pixel by pixel on designs, if and when I might so choose, like I may often have done while working on items meant for that now-closed virtual world I've mentioned before, most likely? Just wondering, that's all, folks. Please advise. Thank you. CD out.
Old 01-02-2019, 11:41 AM   #6
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
You really should spend some time learning how to do uniforms/caps. It'd save you a lot of posting time. Its not that hard, really.
Alternatively, try to be flexible and adaptive. There are TONS of logos already out there in the community. So rather than come up with ultra specific requests that is a ton of work for someone, find something that already exists and adapt it to your league. There are already many logos available for many of the nicknames you requested.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:50 AM   #7
jparker2112
All Star Reserve

There really are thousands of logos and unis in THIS forum alone. You have asked for hundreds of epically specific logos and uniforms. You are going to have to wrap your head around the fact that you cant always get exactly what you want. For instance, if you want a green and gold bear logo but can only find a green and black one...so be it. Acknowledge, use, and move on. If not having it 100% to your exact desires ruins a world you are building perhaps this is not the thing for you. You need to have flexibility when building your worlds while using other modders creations instead of asking for a myriad of uber specific creations that would take a lot of time.
jparker2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:15 PM   #8
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
Question about the offline version of the jersey maker? Is it perhaps possible for me to work pixel by pixel on designs, if and when I might so choose, like I may often have done while working on items meant for that now-closed virtual world I've mentioned before, most likely? Just wondering, that's all, folks. Please advise. Thank you. CD out.

justafan's Jersey Creator and Cap Creator (both free), Paint.net (free) are all fairly easy to use. A little time and patience. Good advice from the other posters.

albatross
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:38 PM   #9
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I do try, but these kinds of things are often part and parcel, so to speak, for me when it comes to having Asperger's Syndrome, as I do. At least I believe so, anyway. Doesn't always make things easier, but I'm still trying to work on improving my weaknesses, and overcoming my apparent or evident limitations at the present time, of course.

It's not easy living with AS, and it's often challenging, but God is helping me work on a number of my weaknesses all the time, if I let Him do so, I'm quite sure. And He is amazing at that, when I do!

Thank you for your input, and I wish all of you and all of yours happy, great, and safe years ahead this year. Lord willing, of course, folks. CD out.
Old 01-02-2019, 12:53 PM   #10
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Here's a link to an article on Wikipedia about AS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

Much of what that article talks about is fairly accurate, if not entirely accurate. There are certainly other sites with information about AS, of course, on the Net, but this article should help you get started with learning more about AS, if you're not already quite familiar with things related to it or those who have it as part of their daily lives like I do now.

So can one work pixel by pixel with Justafan's Jersey and Ballcap Creator, or not, by any chance? Just wondering, that's all. Thanks for your input. CD out.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:45 PM   #11
albatross11
All Star Reserve

Quote:

So can one work pixel by pixel with Justafan's Jersey and Ballcap Creator, or not, by any chance? Just wondering, that's all. Thanks for your input. CD out.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=247172

albatross
albatross11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #12
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I have the program, but don't know if I'd be able to work pixel by pixel with it for sure yet. Can anyone tell me if it might be possible for me to do that? I often did so using various templates for items in that other virtual world, in truth. But might I be able to do so here as well? CD out.
Old 01-02-2019, 02:59 PM   #13
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Also have the ballcap program, and am wondering if I could do the same things with it that I could elsewhere. Please advise. Thank you. CD out.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:20 PM   #14
micropterus58
All Star Starter

Justafan's programs are not able to edit pixel by pixel. You can import PNG images with transparent backgrounds and you can use Windows fonts for letters or wordmarks (text across the chest). No graphic editing needed using that route. GIMP and Paint.net are free programs that you can use to remove backgrounds so you can import to Justafan's programs. Youtube and the internet have tutorials on how to remove backgrounds for both graphic programs. Since your requests are very specific you can create your own uniforms using your imagination without spending money or investing time in learning GIMP or Paint.net's full features.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:42 PM   #15
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

I have GIMP, but haven't really gotten into it much yet. As for certain templates I could use in the process of potentially creating items-related sets, are there any with definite borders and all I could perhaps fill in that way if needed or desired? That would make things of this nature much easier to do here, I think. At least for me, anyway. CD out.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:58 PM   #16
micropterus58
All Star Starter

Most templates that I have seen have many layers, 100 or more. These layers give you many options. It's up to you on how you use them. These templates can be very intimidating to new users and even experienced users. Plus you have to learn how to use your graphics program and many of it's tools. I've been using Paint Shop Pro for at least 20 years and I am still learning. Justafan's programs are extremely user friendly and I use them myself. Justafan has a save template feature that allows you to save a design theme and reuse it by changing colors, logos, fonts, etc. So if you want an organization to have a similar design, such as pinstripes, it's easy to do this. I suggest you pick a direction and stick to it. Either learn Justafan's programs, the easier option or learn GIMP, the more difficult option.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:30 PM   #17
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
I personally like real world paint, it's free, saw it recommended on these boards. It's easier to use to manipulate fonts I feel than GIMP.
Lawn Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:13 AM   #18
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have the program, but don't know if I'd be able to work pixel by pixel with it for sure yet. Can anyone tell me if it might be possible for me to do that? I often did so using various templates for items in that other virtual world, in truth. But might I be able to do so here as well? CD out.
Pixel by pixel? Why would you want to do that?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #19
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Because I'm often very detail-oriented, as you've probably seen with many of my posts here in various threads on the forums. I often did work pixel-by-pixel when making items, or at least designing them, for that now-closed virtual world. My main graphics program of choice now, if it hasn't always been, is MS Paint, and I used it a lot when trying to fill in various templates for items in that VW, because there were a lot of places where conventionally filling in areas were not always easy to do for them.

Also, I liked the ability to often create something likely out of the ordinary, whenever I could. I have a few pictures I've been able to save of items I made for that virtual world on my DeviantArt profile, and I probably have more on my computer, if I was able to remember well enough to take pictures of various items before that VW closed.

I made one outfit with a major St. Louis Cardinals theme for it, and another with 200 stars on it, among many items I made for that virtual world. The Cardinals-themed one had retired numbers on its back, with the largest number on the back being Musial's, of course. Let me see if I can find the links to pictures of the items I'm talking about here, for example, or a link to my DA profile, even.

Here is a link to my entire DA profile, in fact.

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

For a few examples of the work I've done in the past, but unfortunately not most of my work, feel free to view what's there now. Due to the fact that I've probably lost access to a lot of pictures I'd taken over the years, or many images of other kinds I'd made over the years, mainly, if not entirely, due to computer problems of one kind or another, it's not a lot of work that I currently have online that I can probably show you. At least from the artistic side of things. Not to mention the fact that when the VW's 3D side went down, the related 2D side and associated webpages went down as well.

But things go bye-bye at times, whether in cyberspace or in real life, and it can't often be helped, of course, folks. Just part of life here in God's Created Universe, you know, quite often, I'm sure. It may not always be easy, or pleasant, mind you, but it still happens. And anyone who may try to deny it is basically spinning their shells, so to to speak, as well.

In any case, I hope you and all of yours, no matter who you and/or they are, have happy, safe, and great years ahead this year, Lord willing, of course. Thank you all for your input, and I look forwards to seeing a lot more great work from you all, if possible, this year.

I don't suppose that Pickoff has the ability to work pixel-by-pixel either, if it's enough like the Jersey and Ballcap Creator offline programs. Does it or does it not?

I often like to try to put a lot of detail in my various work projects, whether they're artistic or writing-related in nature, at least. I suppose that's at least partly due to my Asperger's Syndrome, but not entirely sure. At least that's what I think, though, anyway. I've tried very hard to not be so verbose and so detailed in terms of what I write, whenever a particular situation may call for more conciseness, but it's not always easy to do, to be completely honest with you here, folks.

This frequent verbosity in my writing has not likely always been a good thing, and I've been trying to cut out unnecessary wordage in my stories, quite often, even while still writing them. That verbosity is probably one reason I've not yet been professionally published, I think.

Well, that's enough to talk about here for now, at least, I think, folks. Thank you all for your time and attention here. CD out.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:26 PM   #20
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do try, but these kinds of things are often part and parcel, so to speak, for me when it comes to having Asperger's Syndrome, as I do. At least I believe so, anyway. Doesn't always make things easier, but I'm still trying to work on improving my weaknesses, and overcoming my apparent or evident limitations at the present time, of course.

It's not easy living with AS, and it's often challenging, but God is helping me work on a number of my weaknesses all the time, if I let Him do so, I'm quite sure. And He is amazing at that, when I do!

Thank you for your input, and I wish all of you and all of yours happy, great, and safe years ahead this year. Lord willing, of course, folks. CD out.
CD, I don't have AS and it's hard to do the graphics work using justafan… I'm just old and computer illiterate...I sympathize with you.

It's not as easy for you and me like it is for the computer whizzes you encounter on the OOTP Forums... they are great guys, but this type of stuff comes easy for them and they don't always understand guys like us.

I will help you... it will take me quite a while to create the 30 or so logos, jerseys and caps for your league... you will just have to be patient with me.

I can do what you want, but not provide the colors you want... I just don't have the ability to change colors of mascots and images

You have to be willing to use what I create, whether or not it is what you desire.

I will help you, but you have to be sure you are going to do this league... I don't want to spend my time on graphics that don't meet your requirements.

Let me know what you want me to do... I can create simple graphics for you, if you will use them.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 02-06-2019 at 01:36 PM.
Eugene Church is online now   Reply With Quote