Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 09-23-2018, 11:58 AM   #21
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
so the player card packs are totally random.
so that means if i get 100 card packs and they all give me bronze or silver players and other people get gold, diamond and perfect cards, that means no matter how well i put a team together, a team with a whole bunch of dominic smith and Jason Vargas type players have no chance of beating a team full of sandy koufax and babe ruth type players.
How is that fair?

On the positive, i do like your choice for one of the players on the front of the card pack packaging.
NYM Noah Syndergaard!
GO METS!
Each pack will have a certain chance at the various card types. So yes, some people will get lucky to get a diamond card in a pack with a very low chance, but we'll give out the odds for packs so you know what you're getting. It's just like when you'd buy a pack of baseball cards - getting that awesome rookie card was so much fun
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:46 PM   #22
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
so the player card packs are totally random.
so that means if i get 100 card packs and they all give me bronze or silver players and other people get gold, diamond and perfect cards, that means no matter how well i put a team together, a team with a whole bunch of dominic smith and Jason Vargas type players have no chance of beating a team full of sandy koufax and babe ruth type players.
How is that fair?

On the positive, i do like your choice for one of the players on the front of the card pack packaging.
NYM Noah Syndergaard!
GO METS!
Well, if you have a team assembled of bad players, you will likely not play in the same league level as the teams which have great players. Remember, we have 5 levels eventually, once the PT universe has filled up. Then, when you face similar talented teams, you can earn points (if you manage your team well) and improve your team, rising in the ranks. I think that's fair

Besides, ask the Orioles this year how they feel when facing the Red Sox or Yankees
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #23
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Looks super fun, I can't wait to try this.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #24
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, if you have a team assembled of bad players, you will likely not play in the same league level as the teams which have great players. Remember, we have 5 levels eventually, once the PT universe has filled up. Then, when you face similar talented teams, you can earn points (if you manage your team well) and improve your team, rising in the ranks. I think that's fair

Besides, ask the Orioles this year how they feel when facing the Red Sox or Yankees
Good point!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:05 PM   #25
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Sounds like it could be very addictive, and I'm looking forward to it. Since the Live cards will be tied to real player stats, will it be possible for a card to jump in value from, say, a Bronze to a Gold if a player has a breakout season that year? On the other hand, how will the weekly card value updates for players with real-life injuries/demotions be handled?

Last edited by Josquin; 09-24-2018 at 09:19 PM.
Josquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:05 AM   #26
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
Sounds like it could be very addictive, and I'm looking forward to it. Since the Live cards will be tied to real player stats, will it be possible for a card to jump in value from, say, a Bronze to a Gold if a player has a breakout season that year? On the other hand, how will the weekly card value updates for players with real-life injuries/demotions be handled?
Yes, cards will change their overall value and hence their value category occasionally. Real life injuries & demotions will be factored automatically into the playing time adjustments that we use to recalculate the ratings.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #27
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Ok, ok, ok

Got to admit from the 1st mention of Perfect Team (snooze effect) on me to seeing & reading the actual cards, screens & explanation....I'm Really Hyped for this. Looks like this is going to be a blast. Thank ya'll at OOTP.
BB
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:57 AM   #28
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Got to admit from the 1st mention of Perfect Team (snooze effect) on me to seeing & reading the actual cards, screens & explanation....I'm Really Hyped for this. Looks like this is going to be a blast. Thank ya'll at OOTP.
BB
Definitely sounds fun, though possibly a bit hectic to me (as far as simulations every 30 minutes for 14 hours a day).
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:38 PM   #29
CMH
Hall Of Famer

I don't mind the sim pace. We don't have to be involved all the time and no one will likely be either.

Plus the constant movement allows different time zones to be involved in leagues. No one has an advantage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
CMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 07:10 PM   #30
kjb023
Major Leagues

Nevermind, should of read the FAQ first!

Last edited by kjb023; 09-25-2018 at 07:28 PM.
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:00 AM   #31
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH View Post
I don't mind the sim pace. We don't have to be involved all the time and no one will likely be either.

Plus the constant movement allows different time zones to be involved in leagues. No one has an advantage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yes, that's the idea here. You don't have to be involved for every sim, but if you so desire, you can. I expect there will be many different types of users, some will be checking the results constantly and manage their team between all sims, and some will just set their team up, let the sims run and then only make changes when they earned enough Perfect Points to get more card packs.

By the way, for OOTP 20 we hope to include Perfect Team in our mobile baseball game MLB Manager, too. So you can manage your team on the go, cross-platform.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:04 AM   #32
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

So pumped for this. Is there any kind of best case scenario as to when this will be released?
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:40 AM   #33
sansterre
Minors (Triple A)

Obviously the devil will be in the details, but I think this is a brilliantly conceived idea. The combination of OOTP gameplay with the dopamine-releasing rush of opening card packs is very clever.

Incidentally, I'd obviously prefer if there was a free-to-play server to keep the people that buy cards separate from the people that don't, but that's a personal preference. I'd rather not be indirectly punished for not shelling out money to field a good team.

Very interested.
sansterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:00 PM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
So pumped for this. Is there any kind of best case scenario as to when this will be released?
The open beta will start mid / late October. And the official launch probably a few weeks after that. By the way, unless something bad happens, we will not reset the leagues / teams after the open beta, so you can dive right in once the open beta starts,
Old 09-26-2018, 04:52 PM   #35
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
By the way, for OOTP 20 we hope to include Perfect Team in our mobile baseball game MLB Manager, too. So you can manage your team on the go, cross-platform.
That feature sounds awesome! For those on desktops especially, a way to make adjustments when away from that one specific location will be fantastic.

Quote:
By the way, unless something bad happens, we will not reset the leagues / teams after the open beta, so you can dive right in once the open beta starts,
Very cool! I assume the closed beta will still be followed by reset, to avoid giving anyone an advantage?
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:03 AM   #36
aslanking
Minors (Double A)

Correct me if I am wrong but if I am running a long existing fictional league (Which I am), then I cannot participate in challenge mode. The only way for me to participate in challenge mode is to abandon my long existing fictional league....which would be asinine.

So, there is no way for me to earn perfect mode packs in my single player game unless I choose to abandon my league and start over. That doesn’t seem fair.
aslanking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:56 AM   #37
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslanking View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but if I am running a long existing fictional league (Which I am), then I cannot participate in challenge mode. The only way for me to participate in challenge mode is to abandon my long existing fictional league....which would be asinine.

So, there is no way for me to earn perfect mode packs in my single player game unless I choose to abandon my league and start over. That doesn’t seem fair.
This doesn't have anything to do with the Challenge Mode as far as it seems. It's a different game mode all together.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:05 AM   #38
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gringo View Post
Very cool! I assume the closed beta will still be followed by reset, to avoid giving anyone an advantage?
Correct.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:07 AM   #39
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:

If you want to earn player card packs in a Challenge Mode solo league, you need to play in a league which was initially created in Challenge Mode. Converting existing leagues into Challenge Mode is not an option because it would allow easy cheating, sorry.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:59 AM   #40
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You could start a second league in Challenge Mode. You will earn several achievements very quickly and more in less than a season of normal play. You don’t have to abandon your long-running league, just play the new one part of the time for the points and abandon it when you think you have milked it for the easy ones.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote