Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #61
Todd765
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Very excited to see what comes of this!
Todd765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:20 AM   #62
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No worries. The MLB the Show guys really ****ed it up (in my humble opinion) when it comes to some decisions where to focus their resources. And taking away features is never, ever, smart. We will not make the same mistakes, our core game will always be the #1 focus as long as I am running this company...
I think many of the same things being said here were said by the Madden and MLBtS people when they were rolling out their respective cash cows.

I'm hopeful that the difference between them and you is that the buck stops with you, whereas with the other games we were often hearing from developers or community dev people.

Count me in the nervous but hopeful crowd. I want this to be a win-win so bad.
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:06 AM   #63
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpidbeaver View Post
I think many of the same things being said here were said by the Madden and MLBtS people when they were rolling out their respective cash cows.

I'm hopeful that the difference between them and you is that the buck stops with you, whereas with the other games we were often hearing from developers or community dev people.

Count me in the nervous but hopeful crowd. I want this to be a win-win so bad.
Well, we are nervous, too, of course.We have invested a lot of time and money into Perfect Team, so we have to make sure it's fun, it does not piss off our core customer base, attracts a new type of players and is balanced in a way that it's a challenge for all types of players. And in the end we need to earn enough off of PT to make the investment worthwile. Lots of risks, But I am really positive about it, now that it is all coming together and nearing beta I can really see the potential.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 06:20 PM   #64
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, we are nervous, too, of course.We have invested a lot of time and money into Perfect Team, so we have to make sure it's fun, it does not piss off our core customer base, attracts a new type of players and is balanced in a way that it's a challenge for all types of players. And in the end we need to earn enough off of PT to make the investment worthwile. Lots of risks, But I am really positive about it, now that it is all coming together and nearing beta I can really see the potential.
You are the developer of the finest baseball game in the universe.
Perfect Team will succeed.
Failure is not an option!

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 05:54 PM   #65
Wayllander
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'll name my team the Hamburg Hammers in exchange for beta access...

Quote:
Thanks My bluntness is just being honest. I am sure the MLB The Show developers would have to say something negative about many design decisions we made, too. That's just the way this business work, you make decisions (preferably based on experience and/or good research) but sometimes things simply do not work well and then backfire. That's life in general, I suppose, haha.

Perfect Team is something we all want to succeed, we have invested a lot of money and a lot of time (over 2 years now) into it. But it is shaping up very nicely- I personally cannot wait to play it and see my Hamburg Sluggers beat the crap out of my opponents, hehe
Wayllander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:21 PM   #66
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Based on what have done with OOTP, I expect PT will be great. I am sure it will be better than any other online baseball game, especially Dynasty.

Keep up the great work!
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:57 PM   #67
Kbos
Bat Boy

When is perfect team coming out?
Kbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:42 PM   #68
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

The latest information estimates an October release.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:24 PM   #69
padsfanpiazza
Bat Boy

How many different currencies are there? Is it just "perfect points" or is there is a separate currency that can be bought with micro-transactions to use on packs? For example in Fifa Ultimate Team they have both coins and fifa points. Thanks!
padsfanpiazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 09:04 PM   #70
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

It appears there will be some form of microtransaction to buy packs.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:03 PM   #71
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Really expect this to go the way of head to head.
Old 07-19-2018, 02:27 AM   #72
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Really expect this to go the way of head to head.
We're talking years ago, never got head to head even when it was promised. But this new feature involves a new type of revenue so that's the reason why they are pushing it.

I don't care how they are spinning it, more resources to be shared is not usually a good thing. I'm pretty happy with OOTP19 so even if it is the last dinosaur in the series.

I wished they would spend a lot more resource on improving 3D instead.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:37 AM   #73
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by padsfanpiazza View Post
How many different currencies are there? Is it just "perfect points" or is there is a separate currency that can be bought with micro-transactions to use on packs? For example in Fifa Ultimate Team they have both coins and fifa points. Thanks!
There is only one currency, Perfect Points. I find multiple ones too confusing
Old 07-19-2018, 07:39 AM   #74
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
I wished they would spend a lot more resource on improving 3D instead.
Oh we are! We'll be renting a 3D motion capture studio for a day and then add many new animations to OOTP 20.
Old 07-19-2018, 12:30 PM   #75
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Why this is a problem.... basically pointless unless you play as big market on CM or pay $$$.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...0&postcount=12
Old 07-23-2018, 05:12 AM   #76
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdrop01 View Post
Why this is a problem.... basically pointless unless you play as big market on CM or pay $$$.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...0&postcount=12
As I said, we will balance things properly, so don't worry before you try it yourself
Old 07-23-2018, 04:16 PM   #77
adion
All Star Starter

Quote:
Oh we are! We'll be renting a 3D motion capture studio for a day and then add many new animations to OOTP 20.
I think your GUI screens are excellent and no need to change them again. Focus on stats, user ability to modify and save stuff and 3D real time playing enhancements and it will make this game greater than it already is!
adion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:41 PM   #78
eMLBCommish
All Star Reserve

Hey Markus, been awhile since we last spoke!

I've been keeping a close eye on PT, and I was curious if its development and success would lead to what I think has been a decade long hope of mine in seeing us be able to play games head to head in leagues in a secure and safe manner.

What's your thoughts? Or should I just finally give up on this aspect? It would really lock me back in to OOTP long term for me.

Hope you've been well, and thanks for your efforts.

The Man Behind eMLB - https://atl-02.statsplus.net/emlb/re..._150_home.html

Proud OOTP Affiliate Streamer
Proud Twitch Partner (Partnered 3/15/22)
eMLBCommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:25 PM   #79
UltimateAverageGuy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMLBCommish View Post

I've been keeping a close eye on PT, and I was curious if its development and success would lead to what I think has been a decade long hope of mine in seeing us be able to play games head to head in leagues in a secure and safe manner.

What's your thoughts? Or should I just finally give up on this aspect? It would really lock me back in to OOTP long term for me.

In other words, update?
UltimateAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:17 AM   #80
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMLBCommish View Post

Head to head in traditional online leagues will probably never happen, sorry. The amount of time this would take to implement is simply not worth it.

Head to head in PT will happen one day though, as this technology runs through our dedicated servers and is something else entirely, so it is doable with much less work, fortunately.