Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:32 PM   #1
tyszko
Bat Boy

A few questions about the draft.

I'm new here so it might have already been said, but will we be able to create our own draft classes? Like if I finish the 2015 NFL season and I want to do the 2016 NFL draft. Will I be able to create the prospects in that draft class? Or will there be some sort of college game to go with BTS? Also to do with past draft classes, let's say I start my team in 2006 and when I go into the 2007 NFL draft class will Jamarcus Russell still be a super freak athelete everyone wants at 1? Or since now we know he is a bust will the game know that and he will go undrafted even though he has never seen time in the NFL to prove he was a bust? Last question to spin off my last one, when someone does pick Jamarcus will he already have terrible ratings in everything? Or will it be like he has never played in the NFL so maybe it could be some weird alternate future where he was really good? Thanks in advance for the answers!
Old 01-30-2015, 05:37 AM   #2
BradG223
Minors (Double A)

Correct me if I'm wrong here.
I'm not sure if you can create players for the draft, but I do believe you can edit their abilities. College football is there, but non playable. You'll be able to check the players stats though, and they will be judged and drafted based on them and combine numbers. If you start a standard league, you're initial prospects will be real life collegiate players.
As for historical, it won't be available V1, as the primary goal is to perfect the 2015 season and work from there. When/if it is added in a couple versions, I do believe Russell would be highly sought after.
Once again, I'm not Mr. Cole so I can't be 100% sure on what's in or not. All I know is that it's looking to be a great game.

Last edited by BradG223; 01-30-2015 at 05:46 AM.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:25 AM   #3
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

Brad G233 is right, however one thing:

Quote:
Like if I finish the 2015 NFL season and I want to do the 2016 NFL draft. Will I be able to create the prospects in that draft class?
If you have just finished the 2015 draft and want to create the 2016 class you will be about 4 years too late as the 2016 class will be just be turning into Seniors. I presume you'll want to edit them as Freshmen.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:16 PM   #4
Danbo80
Minors (Single A)

Hey Francis, in another thread you said underclassman may not declare for the draft. Although it was a high priority, it might not make V1.
Would it be possible to manually declare players for the draft? Maybe in the editor or something like that.
Old 02-03-2015, 01:45 AM   #5
Francis Cole
Lead Developer for BTS

It still is a priority if I have time, but no you can't use the editor to trick the player into thinking he's a senior