Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #1
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Any other official MLB logo sets?

Although they look awesome, I don't use justafan's set because they're all in circles, which makes the smaller versions of each logo (in menus and such) difficult to pick out. Anyone have any logos which are just logos (good example of what I'm looking for is attached) which are the official team/franchise seal, and are updated for 2014 from MLB down to Rookie ball as well as international leagues?

Last year I was using some of these straight-up, uncircled logos. Forgive me, I don't recall who made them, but they are perfect for my purposes. I could roll these over from last year, but would need to find logos of comparable size and quality for new teams like El Paso and all the intnerational clubs.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
mdtwnkfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
panikl
Bat Boy

That's what I am looking for as well! would be great to have those available for download.
panikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Me three!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #4
Adrockski
Major Leagues

reds1 has a great set of MLB "logo-only" logos. There's a similar discussion here:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...gos-reset.html
Adrockski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

I think those are mostly MLB, modern and historical.

I have all plain logos, MLB and all minors, since '14, but I can't remember where I got those from. Probably the All-in-One. Maybe try downloading that.

For international leagues:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...light=european

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-baseball.html

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ighlight=asian
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #6
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Where can these logos of redsfan be found? Are they only the 30 MLB teams or does it include their minor league affiliates too. They may be what I got last year.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 PM   #7
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
Although they look awesome, I don't use justafan's set because they're all in circles, which makes the smaller versions of each logo (in menus and such) difficult to pick out. Anyone have any logos which are just logos (good example of what I'm looking for is attached) which are the official team/franchise seal, and are updated for 2014 from MLB down to Rookie ball as well as international leagues?

Last year I was using some of these straight-up, uncircled logos. Forgive me, I don't recall who made them, but they are perfect for my purposes. I could roll these over from last year, but would need to find logos of comparable size and quality for new teams like El Paso and all the intnerational clubs.
I like the plain logos myself too. I'm working on a complete set that is taking some time, but when it's done I think people will like them. I'm making a flat version and a light drop shadow version. There will be alternative logos to choose from as well. They look good in the game, I think.

Examples:
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Elysian Fields; 04-23-2014 at 11:21 PM. Reason: examples
Elysian Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:07 AM   #8
Adrockski
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
Where can these logos of redsfan be found? Are they only the 30 MLB teams or does it include their minor league affiliates too. They may be what I got last year.
You can find reds1's logos linked in his signature here:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...y-project.html

They're MLB only, but he's got every team's logo going back to 1970.
Adrockski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:01 AM   #9
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian Fields View Post
I like the plain logos myself too. I'm working on a complete set that is taking some time, but when it's done I think people will like them. I'm making a flat version and a light drop shadow version. There will be alternative logos to choose from as well. They look good in the game, I think.

Examples:
Something like this is exactly what I'm looking for, do you plan on doing the minor leagues as well?
They look absolutely perfect

Last edited by PhillieFever; 04-24-2014 at 09:17 AM.
PhillieFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #10
txranger
Hall Of Famer

Joshuar9476 made a nice collection of drop shadow logos last year... There is a download link in the first post...

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3339841

txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:54 AM   #11
cephasjames
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Examples:
Can the drop shadow be seen with 15s darker UI?
Pre-OOTP 23 Custom Cap & Jersey Template v3.0 by Deft and NoPepper (with layers from other various artists) that I use: Caps, Jerseys
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #12
Carlton
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Examples:
Will you be working for historical logos and historical plus present minor leagues as well?
Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #13
MUFC1878
All Star Reserve

logos 15

Simple logos, all the way down to the minors. Again, I can't remember where I got them from. Maybe only missing a few minor league teams. reds1's historicals are in there as well.
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:05 PM   #14
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillieFever View Post
Something like this is exactly what I'm looking for, do you plan on doing the minor leagues as well?
They look absolutely perfect

Yes, I'm doing the minor leagues as well. I'm having trouble finding good images for one or two teams, but I'll do all of them, and many of the teams will have more than one logo to choose from.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #15
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Can the drop shadow be seen with 15s darker UI?

Good question. I haven't checked yet. What I'm seeing in the classic UI is that you can't see the drop shadow against the darkish classic background (the stadium background), so the image just appears to be flat. The drop shadow is noticeable on all the white screens and in the colored tab screens that aren't super dark.

The problem with drop shadow is that it only really works with lighter colors, or that's what I think any way. Joshua's drop shadow logos are awesome, but against a dark colored background you can see the drop shadow, but it's not a drop shadow any more, but kind of a blurred color.

I'll check them in the darker UI though, and see if it can be noticed in what would be the white background in classic and regular UI. Whatever advice you have for me Cephas feel free to opine. I like the darker UI as well, which does cause logo problems though because darker colored logos sometimes don't work unless setoff by white lining, I believe.

Last edited by Elysian Fields; 04-24-2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: added text
Old 04-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #16
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
Will you be working for historical logos and historical plus present minor leagues as well?

I will at some point. I've done some historical ones that will need to be redone to fit with what I'm doing now, to account for sizing and the drop shadow effect.

I got in to OOTP because of what you can do with the historical leagues. Historical logos are so hard to come by though, which makes many of them something less than what they could be.

Thankfully sportslogo.net has got a lot of high quality historical MLB logos. Minor league historical logos are another matter though, but I'll figure out something for them I hope. Negro Leagues are the hardest to do probably.

Last edited by Elysian Fields; 04-24-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:52 PM   #17
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC1878 View Post
logos 15

Simple logos, all the way down to the minors. Again, I can't remember where I got them from. Maybe only missing a few minor league teams. reds1's historicals are in there as well.
Pretty good! Unfortunately these aren't showing up so well with my screen resolution (I have a very new Macbook with the Retina display. That's a problem I've been having with OOTP in general, though.

One note I saw: the Arkansas Travelers' logo is last year's. They updated this offseason.

I'm starting to think I should put together my own logo set. A good weekend project...
Old 04-25-2014, 12:43 AM   #18
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

dark screen

Cephas,

You get the drop effect in the gray backgrounds in the dark UI. It looks good I think, and you don't get the blur, because it is a lighter shadow, in the dark stadium background where the larger logo image is found.

Here's three other drop shadow examples you can use to check it out.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 04-25-2014, 06:49 AM   #19
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes, I'm doing the minor leagues as well. I'm having trouble finding good images for one or two teams, but I'll do all of them, and many of the teams will have more than one logo to choose from.
Any ETA on the minor league logos?
Klew1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #20
Elysian Fields
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
Any ETA on the minor league logos?
Not soon enough I'm afraid. I'm setting a goal for a month on a complete set. I will try and get it done sooner of course. When I say a complete set I mean a one to several logos for each team, all though it won't be a totally exhaustive list of all the logos out there. I'll build on it from there and make historical logos as well.

By the way, I need help finding the Grand Junction GJ logo. It's hard to come by online. I also could use some images of the Reading Fighting Phils current logos. I mean quality images. What I'm seeing online is not the best.