Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 06-05-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

BZ 3267: Inconsistent display of OSA vs Scouting Director ratings

Hello,

When I choose to look at a player screen, instead of seeing the player through my scout's eyes, the default is OSA and I have to manually switch the drop-down box to my scout.

It seems to come and go and I can't seem to figure what triggers the event in either direction.

Tom
Tom the Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
Adrockski
Major Leagues

I read your post in the main forum, so I think I understand the issue, but I can't seem to duplicate it on my end.

What kind of league are you running, from what screen(s) are you opening player profile pages when this happens, and how do you close the player profile (by right-clicking, navigating to another page, etc.)? It may be some complex combination that causes this behavior, so the more info you can provide us, the better. Thanks!
Adrockski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
Wrathchild
Banned

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
A specific situation where I just saw it happen was in my ABA-based league. I had received a message telling me I had a new player transferred to me. I clicked on the player's name in the message and his default scouting was OSA when I had been looking at everything through my own scout.

EDIT: Even after switching that player to my own scout, when I went to start managing the next game the pre-game ratings were set to OSA scout.

Last edited by Wrathchild; 06-07-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

So far as I have noticed:

It seems to start if I use the team transaction page to look at a player and then it will cause it for every player I look at from then on. This seems to happen 80% from the team transaction page. Any level, Major, AAA, AA, A, international, etc

Using the team pitching and line-up screens, it seems to be a 40% rate, although when it starts, it stays that way.

It never, ever happens when playing out a game. If I play out a game, then go to the players page, sometimes it goes to the scouts "eyes" sometimes to the OSA.

When I have a player looked at by the OSA, if I switch to my scout, then click off the player then go back, he stays with my scout, but other players are still OSA.

This is a fictional league I started in 1901 and simmed to 2009 adding expansion teams along the way, three levels of minors. This problem started in 1901 and continued throughout the sim whenever I would stop and look.

In 2009, I added two international leagues and took over a team. Problem has persisted. It happens whether I am in commish mode or not.

This has also happened in the other 3 leagues I have created and abandoned since buying the game, so it's not league-specific. I also just imported a ootp9 league to see what happens. Same problem.

Also, this seems to happen the first time I get on a section and look at a player. If it starts off looking at OSA, it stays that way. If it starts off looking at my scout, it stays that way until I go to another section and look at a play.

I've tried my best here to explain what I've noticed. I realize that the terminology may be confusing at times. Sorry.

Tom
Old 06-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #5
Adrockski
Major Leagues

This is all good info, guys. I'll try some of these methods to see if I can duplicate it.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #6
Tom the Fish
All Star Reserve

That it never happens when playing out a game just got proven false.

Tom
Old 06-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #7
Adrockski
Major Leagues

Yeah, I played around with it for a while and saw nothing out of the ordinary, then all of a sudden it lost track of whose ratings I wanted to see.

So to this point, I'm not sure exactly the steps I took to cause this to happen. Has anybody been able to consistently reproduce this behavior following a certain set of steps...?
Old 06-14-2009, 11:53 AM   #8
battists
Hall Of Famer

I logged this as BZ 3267, and I'll ask Markus to take a look. However, the more we can figure out a scenario in which we can reproduce the issue, the better change Markus will have of fixing it! I played around with it for a bit too, and was unable to make it happen!
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
Wrathchild
Banned

I am currently unable to find any rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it will go to the right to my personal scout but the next player I look at will be back to OSA. It also seems to behave differently depending on which saved game I'm playing. It seems a tough one to track down, as there are so many different sequences of events that you can follow that involve scouting information.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:47 PM   #10
Wrathchild
Banned

Here's another example:

I am on the games list for the current day. I click on the name of the pitcher opposing my team to take a look at him. His information is OSA. I change it to my scout. I then go back to the games list and click on my pitcher's name. He is also set to OSA. I change him to my scout. I click on Manage to start the game. The preview information is set to OSA. It doesn't seem to be saving and/or defaulting in any cases, though I know there are times that it shows my scout without me having to change it. I'm thinking that it's reverting when you change screens. For example, if I'm looking at my roster maybe it will stay at my scout as I look at players, but as soon as I go to a different page, such as the games, it reverts back to OSA.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:43 AM   #11
Wrathchild
Banned

I don't know if this will help or not but this appears to be what I am seeing:

My league that I started from a quick start template seems to be fine with defaulting to my own scout. However, one that I started from the league design functions is hit or miss, with most of the time showing the OSA scout, even if I just move from one player to another after setting it to my scout.