Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:27 PM   #501
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomamon View Post
Molina is a waste, I can't stand him.
Well, he showed you for one night at least. Tonight: 3 for 4, a run scored, and Chevy Player of the Game! Take that!
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:33 PM   #502
myasu
All Star Starter

This is going to be a great penant race.
We, Red Sox need healthy Ortiz back in the line up ASAP.

Bill Spaceman Lee- "The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the sixties I tested everything."
myasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #503
koohead
Hall Of Famer

C is one position I can live with producing a .220 AVG and 5 HR for the rest of the year. There is enough offense in the other 8 spots in the order that C can be a strickly defensive position.
Damon coming back at the top of the order will help. Abreau needs to wake up. Matsui needs to rehab and get back into the order. If Giambi/Sexson/Betamit/Kitchen Sink can put up similar numbers in the 2nd half as what 1B produced in the first half I'll be happy. Cano is showing signs of coming out of the slump.

Now...if F_R_S_O_T_ can just hold down the 8th we may have a shot at the post season.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:10 PM   #504
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koohead View Post
Now...if F_R_S_O_T_ can just hold down the 8th we may have a shot at the post season.
It's F*r*sw*r*h!

The substitution of underscores for asterisks is acceptable due to the obscure positioning of the * sign over the 8 and the possibility of this key not working on some keyboards. However, the allocation of letters is by formula, patent pending, and subject to approval by 1998 Yankees who holds all rights thereto and reserves them unreservedly.

And to thomamon, I hear you about the possibility of a bonus letter but F*r*sw*r*h lost his letters over the course of two full seasons prior to this one. At the pace that I am restoring them, if he continues to excel he will have earned all them back by the end of September. That should give him all the incentive he needs but he must continue to produce!

Whew. Now that that's settled, koohead, I can agree with your C observation, point out that Damon just scored on an Abreu home run as I was typing my F*r*sw*r*h pronouncement, root for the Kitchen Sink with you, and . . . and . . . (waiting for Cano to finish his at bat) . . . tell you that Cano just got another hit and is 2 for 3 for the night!

Old 07-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #505
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

Well, I'd say that Girdardi is doing a much better job at managing the bullpen than Torre. Check this out...

Quote:
Winning pitcher David Robertson (2-0), along with Jose Veras, Kyle Farnsworth, and Dan Giese combined for 3 1/3 scoreless innings, upping the Yankees' record to 44-1 when leading after six

Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.
CommishJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #506
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommishJoe View Post
Well, I'd say that Girdardi is doing a much better job at managing the bullpen than Torre. Check this out...
Which does of course mean that they are only 11-44 when losing after 6...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:30 AM   #507
thomamon
Global Moderator

Your cruel, he just pitched a no hitter... Let me spell it out for you incase you have forgotten:

FARNSWORTH

Yes, Girardi is doing a good job with the pen. Unfortunately Randolph learned his bullpen skills from Torre, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
It's F*r*sw*r*h!

The substitution of underscores for asterisks is acceptable due to the obscure positioning of the * sign over the 8 and the possibility of this key not working on some keyboards. However, the allocation of letters is by formula, patent pending, and subject to approval by 1998 Yankees who holds all rights thereto and reserves them unreservedly.

And to thomamon, I hear you about the possibility of a bonus letter but F*r*sw*r*h lost his letters over the course of two full seasons prior to this one. At the pace that I am restoring them, if he continues to excel he will have earned all them back by the end of September. That should give him all the incentive he needs but he must continue to produce!

Whew. Now that that's settled, koohead, I can agree with your C observation, point out that Damon just scored on an Abreu home run as I was typing my F*r*sw*r*h pronouncement, root for the Kitchen Sink with you, and . . . and . . . (waiting for Cano to finish his at bat) . . . tell you that Cano just got another hit and is 2 for 3 for the night!

Old 07-23-2008, 07:55 PM   #508
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Moose. We thought he was done.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:01 PM   #509
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
Moose. We thought he was done.
***s* is more like it.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:33 AM   #510
Tony M
Global Moderator

BRING IT ON

If the Royals sweep the Rays and somehow the Yankees sweep us in the upcoming series, by the end of play of Sunday the AL East could very well be a three way tie on GB (and .001 difference in percentages)

This should be a good series and will hopefully shake up the pennant race
Old 07-24-2008, 04:59 AM   #511
myasu
All Star Starter

Yeah, bring it on!

I am hungry for some NY-BOS games.

Bill Spaceman Lee- "The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the sixties I tested everything."
Old 07-24-2008, 08:20 AM   #512
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony M View Post
BRING IT ON

If the Royals sweep the Rays and somehow the Yankees sweep us in the upcoming series, by the end of play of Sunday the AL East could very well be a three way tie on GB (and .001 difference in percentages)

This should be a good series and will hopefully shake up the pennant race
Quote:
Originally Posted by myasu View Post
Yeah, bring it on!

You two guys realize that this is The Way Baseball Should Be, win or lose. That's why we get along together here.

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 07-24-2008 at 08:21 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #513
Michael Hopcroft
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by myasu View Post
Yeah, bring it on!

I feel bad that I don't ave MLB.TV this season. I would have loved to see this series.
Michael Hopcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:10 AM   #514
CMH
Hall Of Famer

Funny that the concern with Girardi was his overusing the young arms in Florida.

He's been specatcular with the bullpen for the Yankees and that's with a number of starts from the young guns going down in flames.
CMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:26 AM   #515
myasu
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
I feel bad that I don't ave MLB.TV this season. I would have loved to see this series.
I have MLB.com, but obviously I can't watch games live because of the blackouts here. I have to wait for at least couple of hours until the games are archived.

Howerver, it is easier for us (Japanese) to not know the results f the games until I watch them some hours later. After all, it is American games, and Japanese medias do not report game results widely except for the games in which Japanese players played extremely well)

Old 07-25-2008, 08:52 AM   #516
Andy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hopcroft View Post
Isn't it usually on nationally all weekend anyway? I think at least the Sunday night game is on ESPN.
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #517
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

Here's a little blurb from a FoxSports article:

Quote:
Among the players the Yankees are thought to be looking at are San Francisco catcher Bengie Molina, Colorado left-hander Brian Fuentes, Pittsburgh lefty Damaso Marte and Seattle starter Jarrod Washburn.

Molina is the brother of Yankees catcher Jose Molina, who is getting most of the playing time behind the plate following Posada's injury.
Wouldn't that be something if the Yankees had Molina brothers platooning behind the plate. Not sure if it's worth trading for him though since it doesn't seem that he provides much of an upgrade over Moeller.

Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.
CommishJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #518
Joshv02
Hall Of Famer

Benjie Molina is an actually solid ML catcher. He'd start in NY. Easily.

Jose Molina is the worst of the Molina brothers. Hands down.

Benjie actually did something that no other Molina has ever done: put up a 100 OPS+ in a season. Yadier is probably the best of the three, esp given his age. He hits adequately, still plays defense well (Benjie isn't as good as he used to be), and has room to improve.

Chad Moeller is a poor ML catcher who as a backup is only acceptable because backup catchers gererally are pretty bad. But even as a backup he is poor. He is slightly worse than Kevin Cash (the Red Sox backup) . . . which is saying something, as Cash is horrible
Old 07-25-2008, 08:48 PM   #519
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

They were talking on YES about SI.com announcing this, and I just saw it on Yahoo! Sports:

Quote:
Pirates trade OF Nady, LHP Marte
PA SportsTicker, Jul 25, 2008
The Pittsburgh Pirates on Friday reportedly have traded outfielder Xavier Nady and lefthander Damaso Marte to the New York Yankees for righthander Ross Ohlendorf and three minor leaguers - outfielder Jose Tabata, righthander George Kontos and lefthander Phil Coke.
Good trade if true. This is going to get even more interesting down the stretch.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:56 PM   #520
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Dola,

This is Tabata. I forgot that he was OF; I thought he was 2B/SS. Still early because he's only 19, but it does not bode well for a Double-A outfielder:

Code:

Year  Age Tm  Lg  Lvl Aff   G    AB    R    H   2B  3B  HR  RBI  BB   SO    BA   OBP   SLG   OPS   SB   CS  SB%  SH  SF IBB HBP GDP
+----+----+---+---+---+---+----+-----+----+----+---+---+---+----+----+----+-----+-----+-----+-----+----+---+----+---+---+---+---+---+
 2005   16 YAN GCL Rk  NYY   44   156   30   49   5   1   3   25   15   14  .314  .382  .417  .799   22   6  79%   0   0   1   2   3 
 2006   17 CSC SAL A   NYY   86   319   50   95  22   1   5   51   30   66  .298  .377  .420  .797   15   5  75%   0   2   1  12  10 
 2007   18 TAM FSL A+  NYY  103   411   56  126  16   2   5   54   33   70  .307  .371  .392  .763   15   7  68%   1   1   4  10  15 
 2008   19 TRE EAS AA  NYY   79   294   40   73   9   0   3   36   26   49  .248  .320  .310  .630   10   2  83%   1   4   0   7  15 
+----+----+---+---+---+---+----+-----+----+----+---+---+---+----+----+----+-----+-----+-----+-----+----+---+----+---+---+---+---+---+
 4 Seasons                  312  1180  176  343  52   4  16  166  104  199  .291  .362  .382  .744   62  20  76%   2   7   6  31  43