Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:41 AM   #321
thomamon
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees View Post
LOL! I didn't mean the same day! But, for this one day, I was happy to be wrong about those two. Hey, nobody, not even you thom, roots harder for the Yankees than me. I just tend to be more pessimistic than you and like so many other Yankee fans I'm starting to become a bit impatient.
No reason to be pessimistic Yankees will make the post season and this pen isn't as bad as you make it out to be. (Hawkins excluded)
Old 06-01-2008, 09:47 AM   #322
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxford View Post
No thank yous from the Yankees for us getting you off the bottom of the table? If we'd kept our normal away form at Camden Yards you'd still be bottom of the East
BoSox beat birds of Baltimore, but big bad BayRay beasts besiege Boston betimes. Beantown boys, bullpen and bench, better be ballplaying beautifully, baby.

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 06-01-2008 at 02:07 PM.
1998 Yankees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #323
edog23
Major Leagues

LOL! That's a lot of b's. A nice tongue twister for sure.
edog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #324
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog23 View Post
LOL! That's a lot of b's. A nice tongue twister for sure.
Thanks for b'ing so kind.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #325
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Holy smokes! What a game! Jeter has not played well (hee-hee). Tie game bottom of the 11th. Huff is on third. IBB for Millar. Your bullpen sucks, except for Rivera. Here's Cintron.

O's WIN!!!!! O's WIN!!!!!! O's WIN!!!!!!!

Oh, sorry.

Dude, that is pathetic. And I'm an O's fan.
SittingDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:17 PM   #326
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

After watching the O's get mangled by the Sox this long-ass series, I just gotta say,

GO RAYS!!!

Kill those Sox.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #327
SittingDuck
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Tisk, Just let the Orioles fans enjoy themselves now. They'll have lost complete interest by the all-star break.
hehe - statistically true. funny, but in april/early may, the o's tender to beat the stuffing out of both the yanks and sox, but after that..................

anyways....

what we're really waiting for is any trades that might be made at the break, and then looking towards the offseason trading. any realistic O's fan will tell you they are basically hibernating through this season. i mean, that offense is HORRIFIC. most of us were barfing in february when they put out a 'potential' lineup.

geeeeeezzzz....

Last edited by SittingDuck; 06-01-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #328
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Good game today and damn Abreu got Blackburn. Glad he's alright :/...looked like it hurt from LF.
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #329
myasu
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingDuck View Post
After watching the O's get mangled by the Sox this long-ass series, I just gotta say,

GO RAYS!!!

Kill those Sox.
Not gonna happen, just not gonna happen in Fenway.

Bill Spaceman Lee- "The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the sixties I tested everything."
myasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:55 PM   #330
myasu
All Star Starter

Igawa misses home...

ESPN - MLB Baseball Rumors - MLB Rumors - Major League Baseball Rumor Central

Pathetic...

Bill Spaceman Lee- "The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the sixties I tested everything."
Old 06-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #331
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

Sorry, which rumor were you referring to? I don't have insider so I can't see any of these.

I was at the game on Saturday with my oldest son. It was pretty exciting. We did leave after the 7th inning stretch as my wife was picking us up and the storms were pretty nasty, but we still got to see most of the action. I'm kinda glad I didn't stick around to see F********h though as I hate watching him pitch.

Success isn’t owned. It’s leased. And rent is due every day.
CommishJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #332
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommishJoe View Post
I was at the game on Saturday with my oldest son. It was pretty exciting. We did leave after the 7th inning stretch as my wife was picking us up and the storms were pretty nasty, but we still got to see most of the action. I'm kinda glad I didn't stick around to see F********h though as I hate watching him pitch.
I'm glad you could make one of those games, I was wondering if you were going. C'mon, tell me you wore a Yankees cap at the game.

The announcers on YES were talking about you folks building an open air stadium to replace the Metrodome. True? How can that be a good idea?
Old 06-02-2008, 10:08 AM   #333
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry, which rumor were you referring to? I don't have insider so I can't see any of these.
Just going by headlines I would guess it was this, since myasu closely follows the careers of Japanese ballplayers playing in the states:
Quote:
Kei Igawa homesick?
My reaction: Wouldn't you be, considering you've gone from a star to minor leaguer playing in Scranton, PA?

Last edited by 1998 Yankees; 06-02-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:31 AM   #334
myasu
All Star Starter

Sorry guys.
I forgot that it was the "insider" column...

Kei Igawa homesick?
Kei Igawa | Yankees
ESPN's Jayson Stark has heard from two different baseball insiders that Kei Igawa recently asked the Yankees if there is any possible way he could return to Japan after this season.
The Yankees explored different options but found nothing and have given up for now.
The club is still on the hook for $11 million dollars to Igawa through the 2010 season.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:19 PM   #335
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

Quote:
I'm glad you could make one of those games, I was wondering if you were going. C'mon, tell me you wore a Yankees cap at the game.

The announcers on YES were talking about you folks building an open air stadium to replace the Metrodome. True? How can that be a good idea?
I wore my Yankees jersey. It's navy blue with white pinstripes and NY logo.

Yeah, it's an open air stadium due to open in 2010. I think it was a BIG mistake not to make it retractable roof, but they love to penny pinch up here. All I can say is it was the first time I was glad I was watching a game indoors. It would have definately been rained out otherwise.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #336
CommishJoe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myasu View Post
Sorry guys.
I forgot that it was the "insider" column...

Kei Igawa homesick?
Kei Igawa | Yankees
ESPN's Jayson Stark has heard from two different baseball insiders that Kei Igawa recently asked the Yankees if there is any possible way he could return to Japan after this season.
The Yankees explored different options but found nothing and have given up for now.
The club is still on the hook for $11 million dollars to Igawa through the 2010 season.
I'm surprised that Igawa can't just "retire" and head home forfeiting the remaining money. Unless of course he wants to head back to Japan AND keep the $11m he's owed

Old 06-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #337
Joshv02
Hall Of Famer

If he "retires" he would be on the restricted list, still, and the agerement b/w the the US and Japan (and, hence, the need to "post" players) requires that both countries respect their respective player lists.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #338
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wore my Yankees jersey. It's navy blue with white pinstripes and NY logo.

Yeah, it's an open air stadium due to open in 2010. I think it was a BIG mistake not to make it retractable roof, but they love to penny pinch up here. All I can say is it was the first time I was glad I was watching a game indoors. It would have definately been rained out otherwise.
Good for you on the jersey. Regarding the stadium, I wasn't thinking about rain so much as snow, as in early April and late October.

Quote:
I'm surprised that Igawa can't just "retire" and head home forfeiting the remaining money. Unless of course he wants to head back to Japan AND keep the $11m he's owed
I would not be surprised if he and the team worked something out. Nobody can be happy now in this situation, and since he can still make good money in Japan, why not release him if he's willing to take a buyout?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #339
1998 Yankees
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomamon View Post
. . . and this pen isn't as bad as you make it out to be. (Hawkins excluded)
I'm not one of those guys who is going to come back here and crow when he is proved right (or, conversely, disappear when he is wrong). So, if I am right about those two others we were talking about, don't look for a "told ya so" from me.

On the other hand, if you are right, I invite you to come back and say that to me because it will be a reason for us to celebrate together. Heck, I might even say that if I am in the right mood. The Yankees making the playoffs (at least) might be conducive to such a mood.

Go Joba.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #340
Tony M
Global Moderator

Quote:
The Yankees making the playoffs
I thought it wasn't looking very likely at this moment and then I rewound the standings to June 4, 2008 and it was even worse last year, but I don't get the same feeling about a resurgence this year...