Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations

Old 03-17-2019, 07:17 AM   #1
BennyTheMarlin
Minors (Double A)

Question about adding languages

I'm finally catching up this year on adding new namesets beyond the original 40. To do this, do I need to edit the languages at the top of the world default file, then re-import? (I would of course be updating the name files as well). I didn't see any simple instructions on this.
BennyTheMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:56 PM   #2
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Check out this thread.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:06 PM   #3
BennyTheMarlin
Minors (Double A)

Exactly what I needed! Thanks, Joe.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #4
BennyTheMarlin
Minors (Double A)

I noticed that my dynasty and game world were created on the previous version, where the ethnicities were separated into a different file. Are there steps I can take to add namesets while keeping the old format? Will adding namesets to the world xml and editing the name files be enough, or is there more to it?
Old 04-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #5
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

All of the information that used to be included in the ethnicities file is now part of the world_default.xml file. So any changes that you want to make to the ethnicities will need to be made in the .xml file.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, but if you need further information you'll have to explain what type of changes you're trying to make.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:07 PM   #6
BennyTheMarlin
Minors (Double A)

So I exported my world xml file from the dynasty I've been playing for a few years, back when the 40-nameset rule was intact. Comparing to the current world_default, they seem to be organized differently:

-My version shows "Languages" listed at the top, the newer one does not
-My version shows "lid" rather than "etid"

My main concern is adding language namesets. I don't mind manually fixing ethnicities if need be, though it'd be better not to.

How do the two formats differ, and can I edit my older version with more languages? Would this cause problems? Percentages and things like that I can change too. The problem is there is no apparent in-game way to add namesets.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #7
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTheMarlin View Post
How do the two formats differ, and can I edit my older version with more languages? Would this cause problems? Percentages and things like that I can change too. The problem is there is no apparent in-game way to add namesets.
Answering in order:

1. How do the two formats differ, and can I edit my older version with more languages?
The main difference is that the pre-OOTP19 world_default.xml file had language IDs (lid) and the current file has ethnicity IDs (etid). And now, for each ethnicity listed at the top of the file, there is a facegen breakdown, which is the information that previously was contained in the ethnicities file. Apart from that, I think they're basically the same (there are some improvements every year, but they don't change the way the game handles the file). Moreover, the lid and the etid numbers listed for each country are, I believe, the same - they're just different abbreviations. The only exception is Israel, which now has etid40. The game didn't include that nameset prior to OOTP19.

2. Would this cause problems? Percentages and things like that I can change too.
You should be able to add more ethnicities to your old file, but I don't know if it will work if you still have lid's rather than etid's listed in the file. You may need to change those designations for each country and add the facegen breakdowns at the top of the file.

3. The problem is there is no apparent in-game way to add namesets.
You should be able to add and delete namesets in-game. If you're having problems, it may be due to your outdated world_default.xml file.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:18 PM   #8
BennyTheMarlin
Minors (Double A)

Thanks. I will make some templates of my leagues and play around with this over the week and see how things work.

Quote:
3. The problem is there is no apparent in-game way to add namesets.
You should be able to add and delete namesets in-game. If you're having problems, it may be due to your outdated world_default.xml file.
I can see where you would add existing languages under the nation editor, but there is no way to add all-new languages to the game without editing the world file, correct? I would love to be wrong.
Old 04-13-2019, 02:44 PM   #9
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTheMarlin View Post
I can see where you would add existing languages under the nation editor, but there is no way to add all-new languages to the game without editing the world file, correct?
That's correct. The nameset has to be in the world_default.xml file and loaded into your current game before you can add the nameset to your world.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:08 PM   #10
BennyTheMarlin
Minors (Double A)

Success! I had to try a few ways to get it to work, as I'd changed some countries. The thread linked below should be helpful if anyone else needs to go through this. I didn't find it until I was basically done re-jiggering:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=288111